Thoughts on Beiranvand

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
He was one of the best player in this WC and he did well, let's not kick him to the dirt because of his stupid posts and interviews. Based on his performance in the pitch he did well and that is the end of the story period.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Dude ,sorry to be so frank ,but have you ever played in any competitive sport ?
You have got to be in that environment and feel the adrenaline and pressure , facing someone or a team better than you and see how it feels to deal with it .

It is only then you can appreciate other athletes and what they go through and their body language and eyes tells a lot about them ,but if you have been watching the game and reading about it alone won't allow you to make a fair judgement .

if you couldn't tell how confident Beiranvand looked ,well that is your problem dude , I can't change that by writing a reply to your quote " my favouritre player compaerd to a 12 year old playing in the park" ?! ...LOL ..ok dude !:cool:

I never said you got be poor to be mentally strong ,and aren't Spain and Portugal traditionaly giants of world football ? they had a bad tournament for their own standards but they were recent world and European champions and we haven't even won the Asian cup for over 40 years !:confused:
Pure nonsense. Absolutely nothing in response to what I wrote and yet another opportunistic claim about yourself knowing what it's like to be a pro athlete better than others because at some point in your life you wore some gloves and made a few dives in front of a small crowd!

I have no claims about having played competitive sports, but let's just say my experience is not much less than yours :) Some people don't like to brag about every ball they kicked or picked up.

Anyway, your post had nothing to do with what I wrote so even this much is too much in reply.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
No one taking anything away from his WC performance. I said before he did what he had to. Nothing he could do on two goals allowed but name me any single keeper whp didn't look good in CQ system??? Please name.
He faced two dangerous shots in three matches one Zyech's vs Morocco, another one CR p.k.
A total of two shots in WC in 3 matches.
Now the same Beiro, when CQ played an attacking line up vs Turkey saw the ball twice in back of his net very quickly. And btw he was quite poor on both goals.
Just to say the system has to do alot with keepers performances, just like D.

Everyone giving credit to PAG and Majid Hosseini but pretty much every central D who played under CQ system did well. Why? Because we press very deep. Look where guys like Karim and Taremi or even Sardar were when we were under pressure.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Some of the comments and analysis in this thread are darn right hilarious.
One person says, he didn’t even save a 1-on-1.
Another member says, he was lucky to save the pk
While some other guy claims, the defense was so good that any other keeper would perform the same or even better.

Bottom line, he rose to the occasion and backed up his “Chetory Chris” by saving the pk.

Did his performance in WC make him one of the best keeper in Iran history? Absolutely not
But let’s not be too extreme (both for and against) and give the guy some respect and not let your personal agenda make you blind.

Only time will tell.

P.S. Rahmati sucks
You ruined such a decent post by your comment at the end. So Yeah you were FINALLY right. There are children visiting this board 😉

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Pure nonsense. Absolutely nothing in response to what I wrote and yet another opportunistic claim about yourself knowing what it's like to be a pro athlete better than others because at some point in your life you wore some gloves and made a few dives in front of a small crowd!

I have no claims about having played competitive sports, but let's just say my experience is not much less than yours :) Some people don't like to brag about every ball they kicked or picked up.

Anyway, your post had nothing to do with what I wrote so even this much is too much in reply.

It's not about me and didn't mean or intend to brag anything ,it's about you and your clueless comments that shows you have no clue what you are talking about dude !
You don't have to play in front of big crowds to feel the competition ,each to his own in their level of competition can get and experience the feelings and emotions around it .

But someone who only kicked the ball in play station or in their back garden obviously make a fool of himself dipping his toe in the deep end :).

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Beiranvand is thinking he cant' get as big as Daei (moneywise and fame) because he is not in scoring business. So he has to milk it fast and ferociously or ppl may forget. Has he picked an advertiser? a security firm or a mitten product (lol) would suit. Tons of creativity in IRan when it comes to it. Even for the safety of your money in a bank in this chaotic times.

He deserves something out of WC performance.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
No one taking anything away from his WC performance. I said before he did what he had to. Nothing he could do on two goals allowed but name me any single keeper whp didn't look good in CQ system??? Please name.
He faced two dangerous shots in three matches one Zyech's vs Morocco, another one CR p.k.
A total of two shots in WC in 3 matches.
Now the same Beiro, when CQ played an attacking line up vs Turkey saw the ball twice in back of his net very quickly. And btw he was quite poor on both goals.
Just to say the system has to do alot with keepers performances, just like D.

Everyone giving credit to PAG and Majid Hosseini but pretty much every central D who played under CQ system did well. Why? Because we press very deep. Look where guys like Karim and Taremi or even Sardar were when we were under pressure.
In all honestly he had at least 4 good saves, one gigantic. Anyways he looked good in my book, not like he was free of mistakes but let's judge him by his performances as time goes on and let's not discredit his achievement so far. After all he made us all proud at this WC, the least is he is given our trust so he can continue these types of performances.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
سایت کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا علیرضا بیرانوند را به‌عنوان بهترین بازیکن هفته مسابقات لیگ قهرمانان آسیا انتخاب کرد.

به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، تیم فوتبال پرسپولیس در دیدار رفت مرحله نیمه‌نهایی مسابقات لیگ قهرمانان آسیا، موفق شد تیم السد را در قطر با نتیجه یک بر صفر شکست دهد.
سایت رسمی کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا (AFC) صبح امروز (جمعه) در گزارشی، علیرضا بیرانوند دروازه‌بان تیم پرسپولیس را به‌عنوان بهترین بازیکن هفته لیگ قهرمانان آسیا انتخاب کرد.
AFC درباره سنگربان پرسپولیس نوشت: دروازه‌بان تیم ملی ایران در دوحه، شش واکنش داشت تا تیم خود را در مسابقه نگه دارد. او علاوه بر ثبت یک کلین‌شیت، این شانس را برای علی علیپور به‌وجود آورد تا در دقیقه ۸۶ و از روی نقطه پنالتی، تک‌گل بازی را به‌ثمر برساند. بیرانوند در این بازی صد در صد واکنش موفق، سه نبرد و ۲۵ پاس موفق داشت و در این هفته نمره ۷.۷ کسب کرد.
تمجید AFC از دفاع بی‌نقص پرسپولیس در دیدار مقابل السد عفیف: شکست پرسپولیس تنها گزینه ما در تهران استدژان دامیانوویچ مهاجم سوون سامسونگ با نمره ۷.۲، سرجینیو مهاجم تیم کاشیما آنتلرز با نمره ۷، گابی، پدرو رورو و عبدالکریم حسن از السد به‌ترتیب با نمره‌های ۷، ۶.۹ و ۶.۸ رده‌های دوم تا ششم بهترین بازیکن هفته را به خود اختصاص دادند. شجاع خلیل‌زاده مدافع پرسپولیس با نمره ۶.۸ و جونگ وو یونگ از تیم السد با ۶.۷ هم به‌ترتیب در رده‌های هفتم و هشتم بهترین بازیکنان دور رفت لیگ قهرمانان آسیا حضور داشتند.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=419470

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
It was indeed a fantastic performance. I really hope his form continues and he only starts to get better and more confident. Damesh Garm

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
How people feel about Beiranvand
Wow... what a background story, he is a self-made man!

Right now, he is the one and only keeper for TeamMeli, there are no other ones even close to measure themselves with this goalkeeper in Iran.
His confidence and presence in the box is enormous, but I say it once again "He needs someone who can grab him and speak to him rightly", do not get involve in any kind of crap activity, stay focused and do the work correctly and make no mistakes while doing it.
He tends to love starting trouble and acting childish, It's fine as long as it works, but it can go real bad if it's a day of freak and in the wrong place.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
دروازه بان تیم ملی کشورمان و عضو باشگاه پرسپولیس با ادعای توئیتر منتسب به لیگ قهرمانان آسیا نامزد کسب عنوان بهترین بازیکن سال آسیا شد.

به گزارش خبرگزاری خبرآنلاین، نامزدهای کسب عنوان بهترین بازیکن سال آسیا در سال ۲۰۱۸ آخر این ماه(اکتبر) اعلام می شود. مراسم امسال به میزبانی عمان و در تاریخ ۲۹ نوامبر(۸ آذر) برگزار می شود.
در این راستا توئیتر منتسب به لیگ قهرمانان آسیا ۳ نامزد کسب عنوان بهترین بازیکن سال آسیا را اعلام کرد. علیرضا بیرانوند، دروازه بان پرسپولیس و تیم ملی کشورمان یکی از این ۳ نامزد مرد سال آسیا بود. حسن الهیدوس، هافبک السد و تیم ملی قطر و یوشیما، مدافع کاشیما آنتلرز و تیم ملی ژاپن دو رقیب بیرانوند هستند

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=420057