Legionnaires thread 2018-19, News, Updates, Live Reports

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
How soon we get satisfied with mediocrity! Ask any person in the world about the Russian leagues and they say it sucks. Try to aim higher in life dude!
Your goals and aims still have to be based on realities, your abilities otherwise you make a fool of yourself. For any IR player the russian league is probably even a tad too much. I dont see a single IR player who could be a clear cut starter in the russian league so aiming high is always a matter of perspective. For a good spanish la liga player the russian league is a down grade, for an IR player its not only a tough task, its most likely even a bit over their heads.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Your goals and aims still have to be based on realities, your abilities otherwise you make a fool of yourself. For any IR player the russian league is probably even a tad too much. I dont see a single IR player who could be a clear cut starter in the russian league so aiming high is always a matter of perspective. For a good spanish la liga player the russian league is a down grade, for an IR player its not only a tough task, its most likely even a bit over their heads.
For any IR player, huh? Then how did Jahanbakhsh make it in the Dutch league which IMO, is better than the Russian league? and look at him now. How about our other players in the past who played in the top 4 leagues? Nekounam, Mahdavikia, Daei, Hashemian were all IR players at one point in time.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
For any IR player, huh? Then how did Jahanbakhsh make it in the Dutch league which IMO, is better than the Russian league? and look at him now. How about our other players in the past who played in the top 4 leagues? Nekounam, Mahdavikia, Daei, Hashemian were all IR players at one point in time.
For ANY IR player, right. Jahanbakhsh was not a regular starter in the dutch league and and he wont be in the PL. There is not a single IR player who could start regularly in the russian league.

Feb 4, 2005
Jahanbakhsh was a regular in Dutch league last season and won the top goal scorer but he owes it mostly to CQ who discovered his talent at a very young age and encouraged him to leave Iran ASAP. He has done well in Europe. Making it in EPL is extremely hard but at least he is not a nonor bacheh soosool and I hope he can make it a few seasons. Sardar could have been in a better league as I said but he chose not to take the risk and be bacheh naneh.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Jahanbakhsh was a regular in futch league last season and won the top goal scorer but he owes it mostly to CQ who discovered his talent at a very young age and encouraged him to leave Iran ASAP. He has fone well in Europe. Making it in EPL is extremely hard but at least he is not a nonor bacheh soosool and I hope he can make it a few seasons. Sardar could have been in a better league as I said but he chose to bot take the risk and be bacheh naneh.
Yes right, Jahanbakhsh broke out and made it to a regular in his last year in dutch league but he has been in netherlands for so many years and it was always like starting and getting benched, starting, getting benched, getting subbed in an out on regular basis....thing is that sardar has been in a good place to shine but didnt. Now zenith is actually another good place to shine and lets see what he does there

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes right, Jahanbakhsh broke out and made it to a regular in his last year in dutch league but he has been in netherlands for so many years and it was always like starting and getting benched, starting, getting benched, getting subbed in an out on regular basis....thing is that sardar has been in a good place to shine but didnt. Now zenith is actually another good place to shine and lets see what he does there
You are wrong about Jahanbakhsh. Only in his first year he was kinda getting subbed in/out but still mostly played. but never mind that..... how about Nekounam? He went to Spain when he was 26 and played regularly until the end. He even got to become the captain at some point.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
looool

کریم انصاری‌فرد، ملی‌پوش ایرانی پس از خروج از فهرست ناتینگهام فارست در تیم زیر ۲۳ ساله‌ها به میدان رفت

Dec 30, 2014
Guess what....Not only Azmoun is a starter at Zenith....He broke a scoring record.........Az my grandma used to say.....Taa koor shavad har aankeh natvanad deed.:p:p:p

Get the ZOLOFT ready. A few people are gonna need it bad.

============================================================
According to the Zenit Story, the Iranian repeated the record set in 1960 by Anatoly Kurchavenkov and repeated in 2016 by Brazilian midfielder Juliano , who scored five goals in five starting games.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Highlights of

Zenit 2 Dynamo Moscow 0

First goal Brilliant header : 1:05
Second goal scored by Sardar : 1:57

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I consider FC Zenit Saint Petersburg a big club, based in a big city with a huge stadium that's always packed the atmosphere is great and the club got plenty of money. Looking forward to watch Sardar in action in Champions league next season.

Last edited: