The 2018-19 Champions league thread, Results, News & updates,All roads lead to Wanda Metropolitano,

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
No it was ruled offside because the dude in front of Courtois was apparently interfering with play. There was no way Courtois would've gotten to that ball regardless of who was in front of him. Not a good decision.
Weather or not Tibo would get to it is irrelevant (according to the law), the player in offside position was interfering with play and clearly in the path of Tibo, had he been to the side and not hit the keeper, it would be 100% goal, however, in this case, based on the law of the game, correct call.
If you want to argue the law needs to be changed, that is a different discussion.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I read that UEFA is considering banning Ramos for additional games if he intentionally received a yellow card to avoided playing the 2nd leg.

Well if you ask me the whole idea of intentions is stupid. If you want to ban people for their intentions then it should work both ways. If I accidentally fouled an opponent then I should not be booked because I didn’t mean it!!

A yellow card is yellow card. If the rule is stupid it’s not a player’s mistake.

I read that UEFA is considering banning Ramos for additional games if he intentionally received a yellow card to avoided playing the 2nd leg.

Well if you ask me the whole idea of intentions is stupid. If you want to ban people for their intentions then it should work both ways. If I accidentally fouled an opponent then I should not be booked because I didn’t mean it!!

A yellow card is yellow card. If the rule is stupid it’s not a player’s mistake.
.Just because it slipped out of his mouth in the mixed zone, otherwise UEFA would not even care

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
.Just because it slipped out of his mouth in the mixed zone, otherwise UEFA would not even care
This is not about Ramos who is not that smart anyhow.
I am talking about the rule itself. If two yellow cards mean u miss the next game then it doesn’t matter how you get them. If someone doesnt like that or think people take advantage then the rule should change.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
This is not about Ramos who is not that smart anyhow.
I am talking about the rule itself. If two yellow cards mean u miss the next game then it doesn’t matter how you get them. If someone doesnt like that or think people take advantage then the rule should change.
Agree, but in the meantime, Ramos admitting to it is stupid!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
BATE Borisov hadn't played a competitive game for 63 days.

They'd never won a European knock-out game before playing Arsenal.

BATE's whole side cost around £6m

Incredible stuff.