The 2018-19 Champions league thread, Results, News & updates,All roads lead to Wanda Metropolitano,

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
No question that Messi is the greatest and most effective club player in the history. I don’t think there would be anyone as effective as him in the future also.
But what is unique this year is that he is becoming more of an actor as he ages. Look at the where he started acting like the low life suarez when he was pushed by the Liverpool player outside the field. Also He tried to punch the defender before that 3rd goal free kick.
Messi doesn’t need these Suarez-bazi to win. I guess it shows how bad he want to win the CL this year. Or it could be something contiguous from teammates 😄

No question that Messi is the greatest and most effective club player in the history. I don’t think there would be anyone as effective as him in the future also.
But what is unique this year is that he is becoming more of an actor as he ages. Look at the where he started acting like the low life suarez when he was pushed by the Liverpool player outside the field. Also He tried to punch the defender before that 3rd goal free kick.
Messi doesn’t need these Suarez-bazi to win. I guess it shows how bad he want to win the CL this year. Or it could be something contiguous from teammates 😄
Part of it is the Argentine in him. The other part is the Basque atmosphere. There's also the intimidation factor that is essential to Camp Neu.

More than anything though, it's the distaste opponent players have developed for him over the years. They love and hate him. They pretend to respect him, but they try everything possible to throw him off his game. Just watch him closely and see how many times in a game he has all the right to go down because of a challenge and he doesn't. Every time he doesn't go down because of a knock or kick should be accounted for when analyzing his conduct. If you do that, then you'll realize the poor guy is still one of the best behaved footballers in history.

Remember Maradona? Remember his crying face every time he got fouled? Messi seems more protected than Maradona, but defenders have also wised up to the challenge. He's constantly being pushed, pulled, kicked and shoved. At least Maradona could run a few meters before others got to him. Look at poor Messi. He can't even say hi to his own shadow before having 2 bullies in his face.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Liverpool had 52% of the possesion and had as many shots on target as Barca, we out played them for most of the second half the difference was that luck was on Barca's side all stars were aligned for them that night.
I think most people here should calm down a bit, specially The Three Real Madrid Musketeers Agha Saeed, Fariborz & Pooya e aziz :)
Expect a hostile and noisy Anfield. Far from over!!

Last edited:
too many Messi dick riders here
You like riding James Milner's dick instead? Go ahead.

Your team had their chances and fucked them all up. They lost 3-0 while Barca played a relatively shitty game (specially in the 2nd half). They were also very lucky not to concede the 4th and 5th.

I hope they make a game of it at Anfield and challenge the result though. Valverde is not my favorite dude. If losing a 3-0 lead to Liverpool is written in this guy's destiny, so be it. I highly doubt it though.

Your team had their chances and fucked them all up. They lost 3-0 while Barca played a relatively shitty game (specially in the 2nd half). They were also very lucky not to concede the 4th and 5th.

I hope they make a game of it at Anfield and challenge the result though. Valverde is not my favorite dude. If losing a 3-0 lead to Liverpool is written in this guy's destiny, so be it. I highly doubt it though.
No fucking chance, now even without Salah and Firmino

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Liverpool had 52% of the possesion and had as many shots on target as Barca, we out played them for most of the second half the difference was that luck was on Barca's side all stars were aligned for them that night.
I think most people here should calm down a bit, specially The Three Real Madrid Musketeers Agha Saeed, Fariborz & Pooya e aziz :)
Expect a hostile and noisy Anfield. Far from over!!
I will be very happy if Liverpool knocked out Barca. But unfortunately that is very unlikely. This year Barca has both Messi and luck on their side. Last game was similar to el Clasico where Barca had way less chances but they managed to win. The difference between Liverpool and Real Madrid was that ur forwards were unlucky and a bit overwhelmed white Real Madrid forward was/is pure garbage.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
This guy knows what he's talking about:

Pep Guardiola: Premier League is 'toughest' to win says Man City boss

Pep Guardiola guided Manchester City to their third Premier League title last season. Can they become the first side since 2009 to retain the title?
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says that the Premier League "is the toughest league" to compete in as he bids to win back-to-back titles.
Guardiola has won multiple league titles in Spain and Germany as a manager and will add a second Premier League title if City beat Leicester on Monday and Brighton next Sunday.
"For the quality from rivals, no doubts it's the toughest," he said.
"That's why being there [top] is incredible."
City and Liverpool have been locked in an incredible title fight all season, with both sides already amassing more points than 13-time winners Manchester United ever have in a 38-game Premier League season.
City won the league with 100 points last season, but before this campaign Liverpool's highest points-haul was 86, when they were runners-up in 2009.
Whoever finishes second this season will have the most points of any runner-up in the Premier League era.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK

James Milner? He's not even in our starting 11 most of the times
You could've mentioned the best defender on the planet Virgil Van Dijk or one of the best keepers on the in the world right now Alisson Becker or even Mane who's on fire.
That's right we made Barca look shit at Nou Camp not many teams can do that.
Don't worry Liverpool will BEAT Barca despite Salah and Firmino missing the match. No team on earth could match Liverpool at Anfield. We are invincible!!
Cant wait.

Last edited:
You could've mentioned the best defender on the planet Virgil Van Dijk or one of the best keepers on the in the world right now Alisson Becker or even Mane who's on fire.
Don't worry Liverpool will BEAT Barca despite Salah and Firmino missing the match. No team on earth could match Liverpool at Anfield. We are invincible!!
Cant wait.
Van Dijk, Becker and Mane are all some of my most favored players. Fact is, there's only one Messi and I have no idea what good I've done to deserve being a Barca fan while this guy is playing for us, but I'll take it!

It's a shame Salah and Firmino won't be there. Reduces the chances of a good game.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Cant wait.
Hooshi jaan, hala joke aside, dude what do you smoke? can you please share the name of your dealer?

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Hooshi jaan, hala joke aside, dude what do you smoke? can you please share the name of your dealer?
Ha ha ha says the man who supports 4 teams.
Do you deny the fact that Liverpool out played Barca at Nou camp in the 2nd half?
Are you saying Virgil Van Dijk is not the best defender on the planet?
Do you think is gonna be easy for Barca at Anfield??

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Do you deny the fact that Liverpool out played Barca at Nou camp in the 2nd half?
Huh, which 4 teams I support! I only support "1" and actually just sending you this msg from Madrid after watching the team yesterday! not sure which "4" teams I support!
--- Liverpool played well, but you and I both know, doesnt matter how much possesion of the ball you got, or how "well" you play, you dont score, you lose! Watch the last El Clasico , Real played "well" too, but lost! Barca for whatever reason, are GREAT at finishing their chances, and if you dont score when you get the chance, you are set to lose, doesnt matter if you have 1% of the ball, or 99%, that does NOT determine who the winner is.
--- LOL, yes I am saying he is not!
--- Not EASY, but you guys need to score "3" without conceding, so you will leave spaces open in the back and that is when Barca could get you, so I give Barca about 85% chance to make it to final. Believe me dude, I will change my Avatar for a day if you beat Liverpool ! I would LOVE for that to happen, I truly HATE Barca, but I also have a brain and watch enough Barca games to know, this wont be easy for you guys, but lets hope I am wrong.
Good luck to you and Pool.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Why can't you ever take a loss and move on?

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Why can't you ever take a loss and move on?
because they are fucking scousers, all of them all delusional.. he is not the only one. I have couple of other friends who support this useless team and they are all delusional..

baba you haven't won jack shit in 30 years, 7 years with not even single trophy... not even a micky mouse EFL cup crap. They still talk crap.

win something, then come here brag...…

Also regardless of with or with out Salah, the tie was over when you lost 3-0... lool

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
LoL @ Bitter united fans
You got some nerve showing your faces here :D
No Champions league football next season .. Dark Dark future ahead.
So bad right now that some United fans want David Moyes back :D :) :D