Najafi, Former Tehran Mayor and Minister of Education Surrenders After Allegedly Shooting His Wife

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
In a major development local news agencies in Iran are reporting that the head of the Criminal Prosecutors Office Mohammad Shahriari, said that former Tehran Mayor Mohammad Ali Najaf had confessed to the murder of his second wife.

"Moments ago, Mohammad Ali Najafi went to a police station and surrendered,” Shahriari said.

Tehran’s police chief Alireza Lotfi, also confirmed the arrest.

Tuesday's report by the ISNA news agency says Mitra Najafi was killed in northern Tehran. She is the second wife of Mohammad Ali Najafi, a former reformist mayor of Tehran and a Rouhani confidant.

Najafi resigned as mayor in 2018, after hard-liners criticized him over a video showing he attended a dance performance by young girls at a school show.

Polygamy is legal in Iran, though some criticized Najafi on social media after he married Mitra Najafi.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
In a major development local news agencies in Iran are reporting that the head of the Criminal Prosecutors Office Mohammad Shahriari, said that former Tehran Mayor Mohammad Ali Najaf had confessed to the murder of his second wife.

"Moments ago, Mohammad Ali Najafi went to a police station and surrendered,” Shahriari said.

Tehran’s police chief Alireza Lotfi, also confirmed the arrest.

Tuesday's report by the ISNA news agency says Mitra Najafi was killed in northern Tehran. She is the second wife of Mohammad Ali Najafi, a former reformist mayor of Tehran and a Rouhani confidant.

Najafi resigned as mayor in 2018, after hard-liners criticized him over a video showing he attended a dance performance by young girls at a school show.

Polygamy is legal in Iran, though some criticized Najafi on social media after he married Mitra Najafi.
This is no major development it is to mask something bigger as it is all being televised.

They're wrapping privatization of oil refineries and bunch of other big national venture. Welcome to Oligarch of IR, the next phase.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This fuckface murderer is so well connected, Khamenei himself would not let him resign.

I clearly remember him being the education minister and accepting bribes from our own school owner(gheire-entefa'ei)

There's also speculation (and I tend to partially believe it) that the wife he just killed had information that could've been costly to very powerful people. This is the reason they would not let him resign before dealing with her. Eventually they probably told him "either kill her or be killed". I find this very plausible.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
This fuckface murderer is so well connected, Khamenei himself would not let him resign.

There's also speculation (and I tend to partially believe it) that the wife he just killed had information that could've been costly to very powerful people. This is the reason they would not let him resign.
I don't think he is currently employed. His last position was Mayor of Tehran for a month or 2.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir

I clearly remember him being the education minister and accepting bribes from our own school owner(gheire-entefa'ei)

There's also speculation (and I tend to partially believe it) that the wife he just killed had information that could've been costly to very powerful people. This is the reason they would not let him resign before dealing with her. Eventually they probably told him "either kill her or be killed". I find this very plausible.
She was being fed infor by amniat sepah. They pulled him down when he got into exposing prior mayor. Some say she was a set up type wife by amniat sepah.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
There is probably more in to this. Rumors of etelaati connections by ostad, connections to taeb and pleasure houses, and so on puts a different twist on this.