NBA Finals-Raptors vs Warriors

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Finally after several years of enjoying good season record but failing play off runs, Toronto Raptors are in the finals with much thanks to amazing club president Ujiri,

And with just like anything else marked up in Toronto, Game 1 tickets are going for anywhere $800 (standing tickets) to $35,000 (court side) !!!!!
I'm sure if there is a game 7, $100,0000 per court side ticket will be a steal !!

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/co...-finals-sell-for-small-fortune-213810545.html

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Intoxicated, the Raptors should be proud of what they accomplshed and $800 for game one tckets is cheap. Game one tckets for Laker games back in the day would start at 1500 for nose bleed and up to 10,000 for courtside. However, the Raptors do not have the fire power, as great as Kawhai Leonard and Kyle Lowery are, KD will come back, they still have Steph, Draymond and Klay. I think this will be the last year for the Warrors dominance because KD has one foot out the door, Draymond got 2nd team all defense so he will need to get a max contract. Something has to give. One of those three wll leave as well, ether Draymond or Klay. Las Vegas gave the odds of where wll KD go- NY 1 LA Clippers 2 and stay in GS at 3.
Personally I think the Clippers have the best front office in the league and a ready made built team. They pushed the Warriors arround a bit, sure they lost in game 6 but they won two games @GS, one game beng down by 30. IF they can add KD to that roster, they wll be a contender. They have a generous owner with deep pockets, the GOD Jerry West(see how he built GS and of course the Lakers) and a competitive playoff team, as it stands. If the Clipps didn't daaw the Warriors in round one, they could have gone far, they woudl have beaten Houston for sure.

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
For sure Raps are the underdogs but hey a boy can dream . If KD remains out (his type of injury requires a long recovery process) and raps play defensive series of their life time , the bench steps up and the team gets lucky breaks then there is a chance......
Def agreed on the golden state having to make decision between KD , Klay and Draymond.....

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I think Golden State is going to win 4-0 like last year but I hope I am wrong.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The Raptors won finals before KD was on the team. However, wth all of that being said I am sort of a basketball savant and this warrors team is STACKED. The Raptors MGHT win a game or two, I mean the Clippers did that as well but they have a good team. They are beatable for a game or two but not for a four game series. Now next year things will be interesting. KD probably already has one foot out the door. Between Steph, Klay and Draymond, something has to give so one of them are going. Also, if KD goes to the Clippers, they will be a contender, vegas has that as the #2 opton NY as 1 but Clipps have a built in team. They might even have enough cap space to sign KD and Kawai. The Raptors are a feisty team but it's Kaway Leonard, Kyle Lowery vs the Warriors, that is a mismatch.

Feb 4, 2005
خودمونیم این همشهریهای ما باید شادی را از ما ایرونیا یاد بگیرند. ما به ارژانتین باختیم ریختیم بیرون تهرون رو تعطیل کردیم.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well sorry could not post because was busy watching the game but what a win by the Raptors. Yes KD gong down was and the Warriors getting hit hard by the injury bug is a part of the game but the Raptors won. I feel bad for KD and Klay Thompson for tearing their ACLS, especially considering both of them are on expiring contracts. KD wll still get interest but Klay can't get a max contract and that is $30,000,000 lost, on top of an ACL tear.
Anyways, the Raptors did what they had to do to win, I've been watching NBA now for a very long time. It is bench guys like VanVleet, who had a surgery on his face done after game 4, drops 22 on the Warriors.
Now I feel bad for DeMar DeRozan for this man reason. I did not know Jeremy Lin was even on the team and he get's a ring. DeMar Derozan, since 2013, put the Raptors on their back and they just gave him Das Boot to San Antonio for a 1 year rental in Kawhi Leonard. Now the gamble worked out but it's not like DeRozan had a garbage season and his stats are good enough for nba fantasy to have him be picked 4th in his position. It is apart of the business but that's cold
. Even my Russian American girl mentioned, why are the players getting injured? he feels bad for them because they get treated like cattle, when i mentioned they play 82 regular season games plus a potential 28 playoff/finals games, that is a possibility of 100 regular season and playoff games. I told her think of this as Russia and how athletes back there are treated but the difference is American athletes get paid well and they hide it better

. Anyways there are some interesting story lines to follow in the off season. with that being put aside there is still interest for a max contract for KD's services, even with teams knowing he will sit out for a year.
Will the Lakers take a gamble on a one year rental in AD, like Toronto did? Furthermore, will they be willing to give up the former Utah standout and rising star Kyle Kuzma(averaged 18.7 pts and 5.5 boards) solid 4, power forward. NO wants the 4th and Kuz ,the Lakers want to keep Kuz at all costs and trade anybody else but Kuz. Jeanie Buss and Rob Palinka are morons but they understand that much.
Where will Draymond Green and Klay Thompson wind up and what about Kyrie Irving, will he go to LA? He fired his agent sde note. Would LA possibly be able to snag AD and Irving or will they wait for a year because AD mentioned he wants to be in LA?
Vegas odds have KD gong to NY 1 but LA Clippers are 2- They have a ready made built in team and pushed the warriors arround, came back down 30+ on the road and won. They have an owner Steve Balmer, with deep pockets and Jerry West.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Have been in Canada since 1996 and no Canadian team has won NHL since then but the one basketball team won NBA :D
(let's not count Vancouver Grizzles)

This shows how bad the hockey teams are :D