Iran wolrd karate kumite champions 2018 Madrid

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Tremendous victory in final against Turkey in Madrid 2018 world championships .
Iranian team displaying great spirit ,technique and sportsmanship .
Watch this exciting final ,highly recommended !

Amazing lovely broUw in the forth fight, how could I miss all of these, fuck it... I am 40 and I FEEL I am OLD...
What self-esteem, what a guy .... what a nation!
I LOVE MY IRANIAN FATHER AND AND MY GRAND UNCLE.
LOVELY FIGHTERS!

IRAN IRAN IRAN

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Very nice Arash and Ogahbealborz. You guys know some of my martial arts background but let me start from the begining. First of all I am very impressed by team Iran, every one of them were very technical and fluid in their movements. This style is known as kempo or combat karate and I took that, as a kid. If you grew up in the 80s, in the USA and watched Karate Kid, chances are you took Karate growing up. Since I have frends in the UFC and live in Vegas, I had a nice conversation with Dana White about this topic about the evolutoin of martla arts.

In the 80s, kds started with one art, learned it,then they would go to another. For example, I started with Kempo Karate and moved on to Taekwondo. From there, I went to Grace Brazllan Jiu Jitsu, boxing and Thai style Maui Thai. Anyways, there is a ton of talent in Iran and you can see that Iran has a long history of Karate. Some of you told me that we had good teams back in the 70s. It is not that Iranians can't learn strking or be as fluid as Slavansky's, it's that Iraniain athletes gravitate to and put more effort into grappling.
If there ever is a regime change in Iran, I would love to be an MMA, boxing, Karate, Judo/Jui Jitsu coach. I could be the guy who can bring the American and tradtional Thai, Brazilian, Chinese and Korean mix of influences. Some say Karate stated in China not Okiwoa or Japan. I would tell the team to just contnue to keep on doing what you are doing and best of luck to all of you guys. So someone tell me the format of the workd Kumite tournament how many teams? I know how Karate tournaments work so I'm god there.