The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Without Messi, this team is very average. You could also argue, without Messi the players would have to raise their game a whole level and might actually play better.

I don't know about you guys, but since Covid, football has lost intensity. You see much fewer chances created and I see a lot more walking around than before.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Without Messi, this team is very average. You could also argue, without Messi the players would have to raise their game a whole level and might actually play better.

I don't know about you guys, but since Covid, football has lost intensity. You see much fewer chances created and I see a lot more walking around than before.
Of course, I think the lack of fans has a negative impact on the game.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Lewandowski would have been a top candidate if there was Ballon d´or this season.

He made 3 goals and 4 assists in 2 games against Chelsea.(3-0 & 4-1)

53 goals in all competitions this season.

He is a goal scoring machine.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I don't get the date of the games. One half of the draw played this week, the other half play next week. This means that there will be a longer rest for some teams when it get to the semi final stage and the final. Why couldn't they have the other quarter finals last couple of nights too?

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I don't get the date of the games. One half of the draw played this week, the other half play next week. This means that there will be a longer rest for some teams when it get to the semi final stage and the final. Why couldn't they have the other quarter finals last couple of nights too?

What?! The games are on 14th and 15th followed by semis on 18th and 19th

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Because UEFA are fucking idiots.

Why did they make the next round one-game knock-offs? There's clearly enough time to have a fair tournament. Why couldn't games be held on the same day?
Because home and away game doesn't have any meaning in am empty stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.