The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Shows how much depth Real Madrid has. Basically Taraktor Sazi has a better bench than Madrid now.
This new stadium has been the worst thing that happened to Real ever. The old contractor is using it as an excuse to sell all the players. He sold 7 this year without bringing any in. The result was clear tonight and against Cadiz.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Shows how much depth Real Madrid has. Basically Taraktor Sazi has a better bench than Madrid now.
This new stadium has been the worst thing that happened to Real ever. The old contractor is using it as an excuse to sell all the players. He sold 7 this year without bringing any in. The result was clear tonight and against Cadiz.
Well its not the stadium sir. I mean we can not keep blaming shit, first it was Bale, then it was Stadium etc.
  1. I don't think it is realistic to keep winning "EVERY" game. Real didnt win the CL for 12 years, then won it 4 times in 5 years! so be patient.
  2. Generally we have a MAJOR issue with injuries and players we buy, I was never a fan of Hazard but not in my wildest dream I would guess he would be this bad, "1" goal in over a year!!!! We "destroyed" Bale yet he scored some VERY important goals for us, La Decima winning goal, Copa winning goal vs Barca, Winning goal for 13th CL and so on, I am not defending him, considering his potential and how much his price tag was, I believe he could do better, but man Hazard is a different story.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well it must be champion's league season Pep being Pep.
It is one thing to accept blame for last years failure, it's another to actually get better results.
For the record, he has been at city for four years and they have not made it to the SF.
Bayern looks very strong with an impressive 4-0 win over athletico.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Once again it seems like Bayern is the team to beat. I was not expecting a 4-0 beating of a very solid Athletico Madrid seam.
They made Athletico look like a 3rd division team from Spain. Can anyone stop Bayern or better yet can anything stop Bayern,
outside of injuries? If they stay healthy, I don't see a team beating them, MAYBE L:iverpool.

Feb 4, 2005
Well it must be champion's league season Pep being Pep.
It is one thing to accept blame for last years failure, it's another to actually get better results.
For the record, he has been at city for four years and they have not made it to the SF.
Bayern looks very strong with an impressive 4-0 win over athletico.
Sherwin jAn, he said Pepe (Porto’s captain who used to play for Real Madrid) not Pep

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Payandeh Iran My bad as a Bayern fan when I hear the word Pep I think of only one Pep. BTW I read an intresting article about Guardiola how he loves Catalan.
He wanted to play for the national team but they are not recognized by Europe so he had to play for Spain.
@Behrooz_C Last time I checked the team that owns Paris is Bayern Munich. :)

Attachments

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Btw I was expecting more of a fight from Athletico, they just won 22 consecutive la liga games and Bayern snapped their CL strea,.
This is the same team that got us on aggregate a few years ago. Oh and last time I checked, the $2 coach, with $200,000,0000
talent, could not take Man City to even a SF, in four years. Last time he won was when he had a stacked Barce team with Messi.
Hansi Flick, might not have the name as Pep or be as flashy, the style might not be as pretty to watch but they just find a way
to win.
Give me the non flashy coach like Klopp or Flick, you can keep the flashy guy who produces nothing.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Don't be fooled by Flick's even keeled nature, mild manners, he is a a silent assassin,
just ask Barce 8-2 das ist deutcher rapen. He will come at you with smiles, kill you with kindness,
then kill you on the pitch. Pep is a loud mouth, he is a look at me guy and good at player development.
Flick is the brilliant tactician remember this is the SAME TEAM that under Nico Kovac, at one point
lost 5-1 not to Liverpool, to FRANKFURT. Same team, practically the same roster, with the exception of Sane,
different team, night and day difference.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
This Shakhtar 2nd string/reserves team (due to Covid-19) have been giving a good account of themselves so far in CL group stage. they won over Real Madrid and are holding Inter to 0-0 at half time.

Trubin made a fantastic save on Lukaku's screamer to keep it 0-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.