Khabib Nurmagomedov take a bow 29-0 retires from the game, undefeated and GOAT

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I was getting emotional last night when I was watching Khabib Nurmagomedov's final fight vs a very talented Justin G.
Khabib promised his mother that this will be his final fight because his father passed away. I can understand that first of all
1- Because of him many Russian UFC fans are researching Dagestan, before nobody card about it.
2-To me he surpasses GSP, Kaushi Sakuraba aka the Gracie killer, Matt Hugues, John Jones or anybody else you can think of.
He beat the best of the best and nobody even came close. Of course it helps to practice grappling with your pet bear
and it helps that your dad was in V.D.V Russian Holy Airborne unit.
Khabib as an ammeture fighter I want to thank you for inspriring me and many others. I am happy he is retiring, while he is on top.
It would have hurt me if Khabib wanted to stick around, to collect a few more pay checks, and get that L on his record. He said he would be
open to fighting GSP but I highly doubt it.
Well anyways, thank you for letting me share, the martial arts community is tight knit and we lost Khabib last night.
To the EAGLE I salute you!

Attachments

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@ChaharMahal I don't think that would be a very good fight. I watched Justin VS Tony, Justin dominated Tony.
I watched Justin vs Khabib and Khabib dominated Justin the triangle coke aka Mate Leon kill the lion "Rear Naked Choke"
is MY SIGNATURE Finishing move as well. Khabib would beat Tony in round 1 or by round 2 at the most.
The fight that I would love to see is the ultimate grappling battle. GSP vs Khabib would be the ultimate who is the GOAT grappler of all time
THAT would be agood fight but Khabib is the type of dude who won't just take a paycheck. That is the only fighter he would be interested
in because that would be the only person who could HANG with the man.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
ONE problem, even if somehow Dana White (Great guy btw) organizes the GSP Khabib fight. GSP is no longer in his prime he is 39 years old,
he is a year older than me. People are already calling Khabib "old" and he is only 32. that 7 year age difference would be the difference
in the fight. I don't think we will every see anyone quite like the Eagle, for a VERY LONG TIME. The only dude whom i saw have EQUAL
grappling skills is Kazushi Sakuraba. BTW dude was a CHAIN SMOKER he one the 1,000,0000 GRACIE challenge. He beat every Gracie,
including Royce(a good friend of mine, my friend went to the same HS in Malibu as his son ENZO).
Forget about John Jones, he never fought outside of the octagon, he used cheater juice, and never fought anyone who could match him.
As for Khabib there isn't a grappler on the planet right now who can beat him.
GSP in his prime or Saukraba in his prime, maybe Matt Hugues those guys would have a fighter's chance.
I am REALLY going to miss Khabib and my dad will certainly miss his friend Abdulrahimnap(RIP).
I have never seen the Russian MMA fans embrace a fighter from Dagestan, as one of their own before. But they did it....
too late, as Khabib retired he got all the love. He never had the support, when he was fighting because he would seldom mention Russia,
always mention Dagestan. I find that interesting as well, he finally won over the fans with his dominance be it American, Russian or whatever.
I can see Khabib opening up a gym in Dagestan and be like the next great MMA coach, produce champion fighter

Even Putin got called out, he was being budy buddy with Connor McGregor. He only called Khabib to say , 'He is proud of him," after the fact that Khabib smashed him. So Putin is guilty of not supporting Khabib as well OF COURSE if Putin doesn't care, Russians won't care, that as the problem. FINALLY he gave a politically correct, 'Congrats, I am proud of you" My question is why would the President of the Russian Federation support the Irish ahole(Arash T no offense) and not one of his constituents? Yes Dagestan has relative autonomy but they are still a subject of the Russian federation.
FINALLY, after 29 fight, he got the love from the Russians he always wanted. Our problem, with our culture, which is similar to IROONI Culture, we only recognize your greatness when you retire or are dead.
He kept his promise to his mom, no more fights, his dad was the reason why he would fight Abdulrahimnap is no longer with us so Khabib goes as well,
respect.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Speaking of Connor McGregor he really showed some class after Khabib retired. He posted on Khabib's wall, sending his condolences to Khabib, his family and gave a shout out to his dad. At first, McGregor said some derragatory things to his dad but now he did a double take. I think all is well between the two, they squashed the beef. My prediction. This is the last time we have seen the GOAT, the Eagle, I will miss you, I am getting choked up just writing this to you, from one fighter to another, I get where Khabib comes from.

As for John "Bones Jones, bro you are a great fighter but a horrible human being I respect you as a fighter, not as a person.
The fight community BLASTED JONES on twitter after he was basically making it all about him, right after Khabib had a touching tribute to his dad,
announcing his retirement. He got comments like , 'Jesus Christ man, can you let the man have this one, you made the fight about you."
JBJ wants Khabib's respect but he will NEVER get it. You can't get respect when you beg for it from the people, that is a fighting no no. Plus, he never
fought outside of the octagon, he has an 86" reach is 6'4 and just a good athlete, he fights fighters who are nowhere near his level, minus what Gustafson and the other brother who took him the distance. So to me Khabib is the better fighter between the two and the real GOAT of UFC/MMA world.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Two things 1- yes the sports world, will miss Khabib's humility. Never do you hear Khabib say, "I am the GOAT," he allows the fans
to decide for themselves.
Jones has an 86 inch reach, the same as L, Lewis and M, Ali.
The average LHW has a 74" reach in boxing so you can see how that is a huge advantage and he won't get challenged.
The reason why we don't see this kind of technique in the heavy weight division is two thigns.
1- You need to be well conditioned to grapple for 5 five minute rounds. When you are over 250 pounds, it will be hard to sustain that energy
for five five minute rounds.
2- That is why most of the heavy weight fights, are striking fights.
Most of the Middle Weight fights are the very technical fights and the grappling fights. So unless the average HW fighter shrinks 50 lbs,
we won't see this kind of technique in that division. Furthermore, Khabib is a rare gem, we won't see this level of Jiu Jitisu for probably
another decade or so, maybe never, dude never lost, nobody ever came close to touching him.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Now Khabib is a middle weight but he only has a 60" reach. I am in the same division as him but I have a 78" reach, 4"
more than the average LHW. I myself have a 18 inch reach advantage over Khabib. In order for Khabib to become a champ,
he had to develope his grappling skills, from childhood. His crazy dad would have him wrestle against the pet BEAR.
Therefore, well we would never see Khabib as an elite striker, he had to develop the other side of his game however, you don't have
to be a complete fighter, if you are SO efficient in one area like grappling, that can compensate for your lack of striking.
you mentioned Justin, he actually has a wrestling background. Most people only see him as a striker because of what he did to Tony
Ferguson, the guy you mentioned Khabib should fight.
Khabib outclassed Justin, 2nd round submission rear naked triangle choke-There is nobody minus maybe a few fighters, like GSP, Matt Hughes
or Sakuraba, in their PRIME, who could match Khabib's grappling skills.
When most fighters have a , 'look at me, "attitude, it is such a breath of fresh air to see a humble fighters but most fighters from that part of the world
ARE HUMBLE.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I got it, it just came to meKhabib is the Rocky Marciano OF ufc/MMA
Both went undefeated Marciano 30-0
Knabib 29-0
Both retired more men than social security.
Marciano would beat people so bad, he retired 16 fighters.
Khabib, very similar, most fighters don't want to continue after they face Khabib or at least not be stupid and ask for a rematch.
he was that dominant, he is the Rocky Marciano of modern times, nobody could challenge these GOATS because they were just THAT MUCH
better than everybody else!
Our generation's Rocky Marciano

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
==
I think by now @ChaharMahal you know I am NOT just your typical UFC/boxing fan who will order the fight and just watch, eating nachos and chips.
I studied this sport for going on almost two decades of formal training. You can see it in my VOICE there are two things that I get really excited for here.
1- Music/Piano
2-Fighting MMA
Every Russian boy is musical and every Slaviansky can FIGHT.
Unlike say the Indian culture, which is peaceful and they discourage it, they ENCOURAGE group sanctioned fighting in Russia,
different animal, different culture, different part of the world, that is why the best fighters and wereslers come from there.
The American athlete has it too easy, most of them(unless you are a homie from the hood). They go to their great university,
see the fantastic wrestling facilities. Guys in Russia train in a dingy gym or in the backyard. It's just different.
Like the footballer who comes from Africa or South America/Latin America, he is hungry, he is playing football so he can feed his family,
that is why you see Costa Rica in a final four in 2006, same thing with fighting bro.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It is not a just a Russian thing.

in the caucsuses young boys train like maniacs from childhood to become a fighter.

these guys run in the mountains 10 miles per day.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
YEP! remember that is the region where the Kassacks were, Dagestan/Ukraine area and Russian boarders.
I mentioned that the cultural differences, the fact that they train like machines since childhood.
If I could go back in time, I WISH I would have trained as a child, I'm 6f 160 with a 78 reach I could have EASILY
been a middle weight boxing champion. If I were born in Dagestan like Khabib or say Crimea, I probably would have but
I grew up in America and the west so I started when I was 14 and it was more of a hobby.
Check this article Khabib has no other choice. According to BBC, Dagestan just passed Chechnya as
the most dangerous place in all of Europe.
So Gaf Gaz fighters 1- not only have that Don Kassacki Fighting sprit but it is out of necessity. This happens in other parts of the world,
why do you think Brazil produces good footballers? This one Brazilian dude, before he signed with Bayern Munich said, "I didn't even have
shoes for my wedding, I had to borrow it from my friend." Now that guy gets 20,000,000 when he goes to Bayern. Well ,
he was never the same guy after that and a few years later, he was back in Brazil. Why because now he can afford a ferrari, he is no longer that same guy
who needs to beg his friend for shoes for his wedding.
I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING TO THIS where you are born, your environment, will dictate, weather you will be a great athlete or just another forgotten guy.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Now back to the mountains focus on opening a mosque after another and training jihadists. Fucked up muslim scum.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
hey IK shnihc, old friend, I think you can tell my my hair that I"m not Moslem but as a fighter I don't ever look at their religion, that has nothing to do with your god given talents, training, work ethic, and skillsf rom your dad who was a VDV Russian holy airborne member.There is really no need to talk about his islamic background because it has absolutely nothing to do with his flawless Jiu Jitisu background. As a professor and a savant, now a brown belt, I can tell you that maybe outside of a few fighters I have not seen that level of BJJ-1 only comes to mine Kazushi Sakuraba Sauk defeated all of the cheater Gracies(I have confirmation on that). GOAT 90s-Why was he the GOAT, he was a chain smoker! lol can't believe that and Kazu vs Khabib in their prime that would have been a HELL of a fight! I give advantage to the Gracie Killer on that one.
He is a showman as well Joe Rogan, one of the GOATS what a showman, my favorite he made the figher dizzy by spinning him-he would have KILLED Khabib he has a great spinning backkick and as i mentioned 60" reach, weak on striking. See the technical martial arts and well roundedness.

But seriously though dude showed humility and considered Justin's health so he submitted him, rather than going for the armbar, which an cause injury to someone vary easily so i say respect. I don't care who you pray to John Jones would call himself a "Christian" I would call him a P.O.S/. Khabib admitted he thought of Justin's mom and dad in that moment so that to me shows quite a bit of humility.

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Now back to the mountains focus on opening a mosque after another and training jihadists. Fucked up muslim scum.
are you accusing him of being terrorist? or is it your typical fallacy of generalization.

have met many people from Daghestan, they were normal guys. don't take everything you in the media as the baramoter of truth.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
are you accusing him of being terrorist? or is it your typical fallacy of generalization.

have met many people from Daghestan, they were normal guys. don't take everything you in the media as the baramoter of truth.
Yeah thats typical me, i generalize. Now mind your own business. Mafhoom?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Pooya everyone and their mother is linked to fighting FMW btw since I live in Vegas met him a few times, nice guy but his cousin is a di*ck.
Now FMW is going to fight that youtube dooshbag Logan or Jake Paul(forget which priveledged white boy he will fight and slaughter.I can GUARANTEE YOU
Khabib and Floyd will NEVER fight in the boing ring. Also Khabib would get KILLED this is boxing not UFC tow completely differnet animals, aprticipated in both.
You can't turn a Boxer into an MMA fighter and you can't turn an MMA fighter who built his career on grappling, into a boxer.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ikshnihc
I can't read Farsi but I read your last post and anytime you bring a fighters religion into the discussion, that is bs and you lost me as a fighter. I remember you from
Iran kicks you used to not think this way, what happened in the last decade we have spoken? I never used to hear you say anything racist.
Listen if you are having some problems you can always talk to me, I can detect things that are unusual with people Listen you cannot discuss race
when it comes to fighting or music because a good fighter is a good figherr, a good musician is a good musician, no matter where they come from.
Mastering a musical instrument or a martial art takes what I call the 3 P's Perserverence, Practice, and Patience Those who bring up religion or race,
do so because they are not that educated about the art of Martial Science- which brings mind(tak) body(won) and soul(do) together.
Also Chahar Mahal is right you can't say racist things and then not epact to get called out on your bs and then insult ChaharMahal
Buddy I have met some sparring partners from Dagestan they train until they drop they make even us Russians look like sissy Mary's
I think i'm the only Ruskie who doesn't mind to spar with a Dagestani or a Kasacki(pretty much same thing)WTF does Khabib being Moslem have to do with ANYTHING? I have not met Khabib but my dad knows his father Abdulrahimnap may God rest his soul, from back in the VDV Holy Airborne days. My dad told me Abdulrahimnap was the strongest man he had ever seen both physically and mentally. The rules are the same for everyone UFC 5 five minute rounds for a championship fight,
Boxing 12 rounds 2 min. You don't get extra minutes or rounds because you are Christian or Moslem.
Oh and old man GSP I love but he would get choked out by the Eagle.