Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I always thought Taremi would do very well in Porto. But never thought he would become their very best player! Best players in teams like Porto are usually bought by top teams in the world! Did I mention it's too bad he's 28? :p

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
I always thought Taremi would do very well in Porto. But never thought he would become their very best player! Best players in teams like Porto are usually bought by top teams in the world! Did I mention it's too bad he's 28? :p
Yeah! He played few years in Qatar... what a waste! The problem with our players currently is politics plays a key part... it's almost like foreign clubs are using this as a medium against them

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Yeah! He played few years in Qatar... what a waste! The problem with our players currently is politics plays a key part... it's almost like foreign clubs are using this as a medium against them
Politic, or more money? I think the 2 reasons they go to golf countries is:
1- Lot of easy money
2- being close to Iran

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Politic, or more money? I think the 2 reasons they go to golf countries is:
1- Lot of easy money
2- being close to Iran
Your points are valid... politics plays a key part too. Just look at the ones playing in Belgium or England... only Taremi and Azmoun are playing constantly in their teams. I expected more from Jahanbakhsh, I guess he went to a weak team but the fact that he still is not a regular after being in England for 3 years is not good! Where he was and where he is now are way different... don't tell me Holland is not good, other players from Eurodivisie have proven themselves in different leagues. I am not sure what is the issue with Jahanbakhsh...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Your points are valid... politics plays a key part too. Just look at the ones playing in Belgium or England... only Taremi and Azmoun are playing constantly in their teams. I expected more from Jahanbakhsh, I guess he went to a weak team but the fact that he still is not a regular after being in England for 3 years is not good! Where he was and where he is now are way different... don't tell me Holland is not good, other players from Eurodivisie have proven themselves in different leagues. I am not sure what is the issue with Jahanbakhsh...
Jahanbakhsh is kind of a player that fits right in with an offensive minded team. A defensive minded team would make him disappear from the games. Just compare him when he was in AZ vs. in TM under a very defensive minded CQ. He was still good in TM against Asian competitors but nothing like how he performed in AZ.

I don't think in a better team in EPL, he would not be successful. He made a mistake by choosing the wrong offer.

Ps. BTW, in addition to Taremi and Azmoun, I think Gholizadeh, Ansarifard and Amir Abedzadeh play regularly too.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Jahanbakhsh is kind of a player that fits right in with an offensive minded team. A defensive minded team would make him disappear from the games. Just compare him when he was in AZ vs. in TM under a very defensive minded CQ. He was still good in TM against Asian competitors but nothing like how he performed in AZ.

I don't think in a better team in EPL, he would not be successful. He made a mistake by choosing the wrong offer.

Ps. BTW, in addition to Taremi and Azmoun, I think Gholizadeh, Ansarifard and Amir Abedzadeh play regularly too.
Your are right! I think JB should have chosen Leicester, much better team! I think he chose more money versus quality...
I agree with you that Amir Abedzadeh, Gholizadeh and Ansarifard are playing well too... I was emphasizing on good ranking clubs.

Jan 26, 2006
Mehdi the buffoon just entirely sabotaged himself. He was doing so well in this run of games for Porto and just destroyed it with one stupid decision.

With this red card, looking at Sergio's reaction, I can see him out for longer than two games. It was such a stupid foul.

He now misses cup game and probably two league games too. He has destroyed his momentum and I really hope his season can return from this.

Last edited:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Mehdi the buffoon just entirely sabotaged himself. He was doing so well in this run of games for Porto and just destroyed it with one stupid decision.

With this red card, looking at Sergio's reaction, I can see him out for longer than two games. It was such a stupid foul.

He now misses cup game and probably two league games too. He has destroyed his momentum and I really hope his season can return from this.
That was a useless foul, he didn't even need to go so hard for that! Too bad that he's going to miss a few games... sad!