Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

4shanbeh soori tonight

Last time I metropolitan police arrested me. - something to do with no fireworks in March.

What is everyone else doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 4shanbeh Soori everyone. My most favorite Iranian tradition. I have finals in less than a week but I'm going to party hard tonight no matter what.
    22 Khordad, 1388: The beginning of the end of Islamic Republic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any gethering in Toronto?
    Liverpool, The Greatest Club In The World, YNWA
    Cheshmam koor shart nabandam keh majboor sham bepardazam!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    we missed the formal/publicly organized 4 shanbeh soori held in Maryland suburb last Saturday. However, we are going to do a little private 4-shanbeh-soori festivity in our backyard tonight.
    If he is our future, we are history.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is party at El Segundo beach in LA
    SHould be a good time

Post Thanks / Like
    Man I just miss all the excitement that I had in Iran in regards to 4shanbehsoori. Buying Akril-noghre and making narenjaks.

Yadesh bekheir...
    22 Khordad, 1388: The beginning of the end of Islamic Republic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ardy View Post
    Man I just miss all the excitement that I had in Iran in regards to 4shanbehsoori. Buying Akril-noghre and making narenjaks.

Yadesh bekheir...
    Nagoo keh delam kababeh!

Post Thanks / Like
    4shanbeh soori kicks ass, but I don't have any fireworks this year as I just realised it is 4shanbeh soori today. Does anyone have any suggestions as to make some kinds of explosive material just using stuff around the house or in the garage. All the stuff about making narenjak I asked from my dad, I can't find any of that stuff.

Just need something really crude (and plus it has to be so it doesn't fall under terrrorism or any of that nonsense )

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artavile View Post
    we missed the formal/publicly organized 4 shanbeh soori held in Maryland suburb last Saturday. However, we are going to do a little private 4-shanbeh-soori festivity in our backyard tonight.
    Baba, charshanbeh suri keh Shanbeh nemisheh!! Our whole family is getting together at my parents' house tonight for dinner and then jumping over the fire in the back yard. With my sister just having a baby (3 weeks old) we figured we would just do a private thing too!
    Dare to free your mind, I did and now I have no idea where it is!
    Only if closed minds came with closed mouths...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorus View Post
    Baba, charshanbeh suri keh Shanbeh nemisheh!! .. my sister just having a baby (3 weeks old)....
    Bah, bah tabrik daei Khorus.

Chahar-shanbeh-soori and Norooz celebrations around here are pretty big events that usually attracts a few thousand people.

Anoush jan be careful what you do. We don't want to hear about you on CNN's breaking news.........
    If he is our future, we are history.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    Any gethering in Toronto?

Yes, @ Mel Lastman! 6:30-10pm
    Apparently they managed to get the permission to set up fire and everything..

ah I'll be in French class from 7:30-9:30pm and will miss most of it. vali nemishe I have I jump on fire tonight! probably burn PI, Ali, and other Arsenal-bashers' nose and butts and jump over it!!!
    NilouKia

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anoush View Post
    4shanbeh soori kicks ass, but I don't have any fireworks this year as I just realised it is 4shanbeh soori today. Does anyone have any suggestions as to make some kinds of explosive material just using stuff around the house or in the garage. All the stuff about making narenjak I asked from my dad, I can't find any of that stuff.

Just need something really crude (and plus it has to be so it doesn't fall under terrrorism or any of that nonsense )

Thanks guys.
    Anoush,
    Supplies: All from tipical hard ware store.
    1- 60 to 70 inches long 2 to 2-1/2 inside diameter PVC pipe
    2- one End Cap for the same pipe
    3- Can of hair spray
    4- short (1 to 1/12 inch) metal pipe (any thing as long as it is metal)
    5- Some potato (pick the ones with around 2-1/2 inches diameter)
    Instruction:
    Using regular household glue permanently seal one end of the Pipe with the cap.
    Drill a hole on the pipe about 2 inch from the Cap. This whole should be a tad smaller than the outside diameter of the short metal tube, next insert the metal tube in that hole halfway (you can also use some glue here for positive retention)
    Get a cigarette Lighter ready.
    Now from the open end go ahead and whizz some hair spray into the pipe (keep spraying for about 5 seconds)
    Take a potato and force it into the open end of the pipe about an inch beyond the edge.
    Point the Pipe to the sky or your mother in-law's crotch.
    Light up the lighter and get the flame close to the tip of metallic Tube:

KAAAAABOOOOM.............

NOTE: Motori will not be liable for any damage, even though this project is totally safe as long as potato doesn't hit your neighbor's car.
    Please read the noble Quran with your mother language. Is it too much to ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Niloufar for the info. Will take the boss and the boys there tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ardy View Post
    Happy 4shanbeh Soori everyone. My most favorite Iranian tradition. I have finals in less than a week but I'm going to party hard tonight no matter what.
    I dont think its a pure iranian tradition
    From my replay to other thread
    بنده فکر نکنم چهارشنبه سوری از عادات ایرانیان قدیم گرفته شده و فکر میکنم بعد از اسلام بوده که این عادت قبل از نوروز در چهارشنبه برگزار میشده زیرا در دوران قبل از اسلام ماه ایرانیان 30 روز بوده که هر روز با نامی مشخص میشده و هفته ای نبوده که نامی برای روزهایش بگذارند بعد از اسلام بوده است که برسم تازیان که روز الاربعا یعنی چهارشنبه را نحس میدانستند و ایرانیان این چهارشنبه اخر سال را با بر پا کردن اتش بطور سمبلیک به اتش میکشیدند چو هنوز باقیمانده دین زرتشت که اتش را مقدس میپنداشته در فرهنگ ایرانیان بوده با نحسی چهارشنبه اعراب به هم امیخته و چهارشنبه سوری را بوجود اورده است یکی از دلایلی که نشان میدهد چهارشنبه سوری از ایین پیش از اسلام نیست این است که ما چهارشنبه سوری را از غروب افتاب روز سه شنبه میگیریم متوجه شدید؟ فکر کنم اکثر شما متوجه باشید که تنها ماه قمری است که روز را از غروب روز قبل اغاز میکند یعنی اغاز24 ساعت چهارشنبه از غروب روز سه شنبه اغاز میشود حال اینکه در روز پارسی چنین چیزی نداریم یعنی ما چهارشنبه سوری را درست مثل عید فطر و عید قربان یا غدیر جشن میگیریم وشاید چهارشنبه نحس در نزد تازیان با همان رسم قدیم زرتشتیان که با برپا کردن اتش مردگان خود را به جشنهایشان دعوت میکردند امیخته است
    هیچ مدرکی در دست نیست که ثابت کند در دوران قبل از اسلام ایرانیان این روز را جشن میگرفتند . برخی ان را به قیام مختار ثقفی به خون خواهی حسین ابن علی و یارانش ربط داده اند چون مختار روز چهارشنبه اخر سال دستور داد تا شیعیانش بر فراز بامها اتش بیافروزند تا موافق و مخالف خود را بشناسد.و بعضی ها ان را از مراسم کوزه و ظروف شکنی قبل از سال جدید میدانند که چون اشیاء کهنه مثل پارچه و و گلیم شکسته شدنی نبوده است انها را در روز های قبل از سال جدید میسوزاندند که بعدها از اسلام این روز چهارشنبه سوری شده است

Post Thanks / Like
    Give me your beautiful red color
    and take away my sickly pallor

happy 4shanbe soori to every one
    ¿Por que?