Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to bring money from Iran to US?

What is the legal way to bring money from Iran to US? I know you cannot do it directly from Iran to US, but what if you can take your money from Iran to another country like UAE and then to US.

Post Thanks / Like
    serafee from iran to dubai .just what i heard ,btw never been in dubai .

Post Thanks / Like
    apprantly there are many sarafi's in LA or toronto that do this all the time.

if you have relative in dubai or Azarbayejan it might a bit easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man gets NY prison time for violating Iran embargo

NEW YORK – A scientist convicted of violating a trade embargo after his family in Iran sent him $3.4 million was sentenced Monday to 2 1/2 years in prison by a judge who noted that the defendant did not support terrorism or funnel money to Iran's government.
    Mahmoud Reza Banki, 34, winced when his sentence was announced, and numerous spectators among his more than 50 supporters cried openly or wiped tears.
    Banki had faced up to 25 years in prison after he was convicted in June, but even federal prosecutors conceded that the unusual aspects of the case meant that Banki deserved a reduction from the more than five years in prison that sentencing guidelines recommended.
    The case drew fresh attention to an informal banking system known as hawalas, which rely on wire transfers, couriers and overnight mail and the dangers they may pose to the U.S.
    U.S. District Judge John Keenan described Banki as a "highly educated young man" who was respected by his peers.
    In a nod to a letter written on Banki's behalf from 2003 Nobel Peace Prize recipient Shirin Ebadi, the judge said he was "certainly impressed that a Nobel Peace Prize recipient took the time to write."
    The judge minimized any suggestions of a threat to national security, saying Banki "did not support terrorism or the Iranian government."

you can read the rest here
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100817/...n_trade_arrest
    Last edited by Sepahan; 26-09-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esamani View Post
    apprantly there are many sarafi's in LA or toronto that do this all the time.

if you have relative in dubai or Azarbayejan it might a bit easier.
    Do you know any one who is done this?

Post Thanks / Like
    back then i knew a real good family from ardabil with banki last name .

Post Thanks / Like
    unfortunately the guy who did it , I am not longer speaking to.

but I remember he spoke to a couple of sarafs in Iran and one of them did for him via Dubai and then to the states.

he did mention it did take like 10 days and something like they would not accept the transaction at first.

I think the best way is to pick the phone up and call a bunch of sarafs found in 118.

Post Thanks / Like
    es amani aziz, bunch of saraf in toranto can help you .

Post Thanks / Like
    ... in a somewhat related question, can someone tell me how money can be transfered to Iran? I used to use banks but with all the sanctions what is the alternative? Taking cash in pocket?
    Just trying this out. Testing....testing.... 1 2 3 4 .... 1 2 3 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Open an account in a Dubai bank that has a branch in the US and is not under the sanction. Transfer fund from Tehran to that branch in Dubai. Apply for a loan from that banch in the US and use the deposit in Dubai branch as a collateral to payoff the loan in full...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magic View Post
    What is the legal way to bring money from Iran to US? I know you cannot do it directly from Iran to US, but what if you can take your money from Iran to another country like UAE and then to US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    ... in a somewhat related question, can someone tell me how money can be transfered to Iran? I used to use banks but with all the sanctions what is the alternative? Taking cash in pocket?
    The easiest way is for you get together and exchange money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful using sarafi and then depositing cash more than $9999 in your bank account. Banks are obligated to tell the treasury and the IRS any 'undocumented' large deposit of $10,000 or more. If there is no paper trail then you could get hit by IRS tax and other penalties plus you could get audited.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can bring in to the USA let say $10,000,000 under Libya/Iran sancation act from Iran. The US governement will allow you only ONE TIME for those Iranians emigrated to the US and have US citizenship, all their assets from Iran only once to the US.
    You can also get a greeencard if you bring in the US $1,000,000 and deposit in the US banks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Agha Paranoid,

you seem to be quite educated about the matter.

do you perhaps have the link to the Iran Sanction Act and perhaps some Treasury department memos. so we could learn abit from it.

do you know if there is treasury resource to fill out froms for waivers and so on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidBenchwarmer View Post
    You can also get a greeencard if you bring in the US $1,000,000 and deposit in the US banks...
    Paranoid baba dast bardar. It is not that easy read the following link.
    http://usimmigration.visapro.com/EB5.asp