Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 154
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you do not find Mehran Modiri funny then that is your opinion but many many people do. And to say what skit Modiri has to make or whether he should put himself and many others at risk or else he is a coward to put it politely is ridiculous.

    Azizam to ke kheyli shojai boland sho boro Iran bebinim che kar mikoni.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Antelope Valley,California
    Posts
    14,245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooya View Post
    I love it, doostan neshestan 12,000KM away with their starbicks coffee and telling Modiri what to do and what not to do !!! love it.
    Exactly what is the treshhold for being allowed to have an opinion on this matter?
    500 miles? 1000 miles? 20 miles?

    Are praises for modiri's work bound to a certain distance too? or >12,000 miles is acceptable?

    I don't recall modiri's political intentions being discussed here until he politicized his work himself.
    Do you also have a treshhold for modiri ? what is the permissible distance for modiri to be allowed to redicule Homayoun???

    Why is it OK for him to do it from 12000 miles, but not OK to have a comment on what he did from the same distance???

    Isn't that double standards?

    It is fine to dislike Homayoun. I don't care for the guy either.But having a system like IRI in place, Modiri decided to take sides. That is fine, as long as it didn't become public. But once it became part of political scene of some sort, he became fair game too. It is an action that IRI benefited from. Just look at their news sources and see how they brag and gloat about Modiri chasing away a "zed enghelab".
    گر بود لفظت کج و معنيت راست
    آن کجى لفظ مقبول خداست

    ور بود معنى کج و لفظت نکو
    آن نکويى لفظ نرزد يک تسو

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Modiri decided to take sides? Whose side exactly? If making a parody on LA channels constitutes taking sides then count me on the other side.

    I find it hilarious that most of you guys are saying that hey I do not care for Shahram Homayoon or those LA channels but still you are criticizing Modiri for taking sides or ridiculing the opposition somehow.

    If you subscribe to the crap of Shahram Homayoon and the ones like him then you are in need of some serious soul searching.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    33,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by footballeirani View Post
    Modiri decided to take sides? Whose side exactly? If making a parody on LA channels constitutes taking sides then count me on the other side.

    I find it hilarious that most of you guys are saying that hey I do not care for Shahram Homayoon or those LA channels but still you are criticizing Modiri for taking sides or ridiculing the opposition somehow.

    If you subscribe to the crap of Shahram Homayoon and the ones like him then you are in need of some serious soul searching.
    Alright.

    Here it goes. You find it okay for Modiri to make fun of the ridiculous opposition. Fine.

    Would you be okay with the post-election protests being made fun of? After all, the opposition outside Iran may not have achieved much, but nor did the one inside.

    In fact, the opposition outside Iran has been much more outspoken yet a safer campaign compared to the protests inside which led to bloodshed and hundreds of people dead. They both ended up achieving absolutely NOTHING. In fact, prior to the protests, there was an element of mystery to the might of people's anger and what it could do if it ever got unleashed. No more... That mystery has now vanished with the regime feeling more in control than the days LA TVs were being watched in people's homes.

    The point is, the opposition outside may be a complete joke as far as practicality and achievements, but the truth is, the information provided by these same LA TVs to Iranian people in the last decade played a major role in building up their anger towards the fascists. They got informed about a lot of things that they normally wouldn't ever know. They learned about some of the characters that I.R had always portrayed as traitors. They learned that it's possible to question religion and not get hit by lightning. They learned that the world doesn't care about Iran, but Iranians abroad do. They also learned that moving out of Iran is not the ultimate answer to their problems. No other media was providing them information about the crimes of Islamic Fascism in the past 30 years. Most of the youth in Iran had never heard about the killings of 1360s. Now they know. The internet and these LA-based TVs made it possible.

    I honestly don't care much about Homayoon as a person. I don't even know the guy. All I know is he's a business man who wants money, but I also know that he has spoken a lot of truth while on air. It's not right to ignore that part. He correctly pointed out the problem of addiction and made it a permanent initiative on his channel. Remember, it's his own channel. He could've aired Kamran o Hooman instead of being concerned about addiction in Iran. He deserves credit for that. Why do we praise Dariush (the singer) for doing the same thing, but not Homayoon?

    The same goes for the other channels.

    People expect 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days/year quality programming from these LA channels when they know even giant cable networks like Fox are incapable of such a thing. They easily overlook the disgusting incompetence and propagandist nature of IRIB who have all the money in the world, but can't ever ignore the shortcomings of channels abroad. At the same time, they accuse these TV channels of being thieves for wanting donations. Well, guess what? If these LA channels don't get rich on YOUR MONEY (like IRIB did) they will never produce quality programming. That's how it works everywhere in the world. Quality costs money. If you don't want to give it to Shahram Homayoon, then have the decency to let him be instead of laughing at his message or his mom.

    Why is Modiri giving the Islamic regime what it wants when he absolutely doesn't have to? What is it that he's after? Entertaining people? At what cost? Ridiculing the small disintegrated parts of opposition to the regime? How is that even morally acceptable to his crew?

    I feel quite guilty for finding the clip funny. I do find it funny because some parts of it is pretty well done, but I feel guilty. Not because it makes fun of Homayoon or Amirghasemi. I feel guilty because I know somewhere in Iran, some motherfucking basiji piece of shit is laughing at the clip like I am. I don't want to be a part of it, so out of respect for myself, I'm going to not recommend Modiri's work (no matter how artistic and entertaining) to anyone.


  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are grossly over rating the effects that those LA channels have on the psyche of people living inside Iran. To me the opposite is true.

    Those channels and their personalities make the opposition outside Iran look out of touch, shallow, and literally a joke. From the Sakuee who was busy burning pictures of Mousavi and Khatami in his studio while insulting the callers to the Shahram Homayoon who says agha ma dige nistim after Modiri who he claims is a regime agent insults his mother.

    Bad ishoon javoonaye mardomo tashvigh mikoneh ke beran to khiaboon khoon bedan va zire nevise barnamash hast ke ma hastim...Is not this a joke to you?

    Who in Iran listens to Shahram Homayoon? Kasi ke edea mikoneh that Barareh movie was an insult to the Pahlavi family! If you think people in Iran are glued to channel 1 and their crap or that shit is bringing awareness to the people then in my opinion you could not be any more wrong.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    If these LA channels don't get rich on YOUR MONEY (like IRIB did) they will never produce quality programming. That's how it works everywhere in the world. Quality costs money. If you don't want to give it to Shahram Homayoon, then have the decency to let him be instead of laughing at his message or his mom.

    Why is Modiri giving the Islamic regime what it wants when he absolutely doesn't have to? What is it that he's after? Entertaining people? At what cost? Ridiculing the small disintegrated parts of opposition to the regime? How is that even morally acceptable to his crew?

    I feel quite guilty for finding the clip funny. I do find it funny because some parts of it is pretty well done, but I feel guilty. Not because it makes fun of Homayoon or Amirghasemi. I feel guilty because I know somewhere in Iran, some motherfucking basiji piece of shit is laughing at the clip like I am. I don't want to be a part of it, so out of respect for myself, I'm going to not recommend Modiri's work (no matter how artistic and entertaining) to anyone.
    Every time I find myself shaking my head at the absolute silliness of some of the things I read here, it takes one post from people like deerouz, biAzar and BT to remind me why I keep coming back.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to love this movement that has zero tolerance for criticism. Labels fly...that guy is a coward...this guy is a hero.

    Oh my god look at Ghahve Talkh and the guy who plays the role of the king is such a jackass that he makes a mockery of our past kings. Ey bar pedare lanat Mehran Modiri khaen...

    Forget about Mousavi people. I will come to Iran with 50 helicopters and 100 airplanes next month to free us all.

    Hello, my name is Atabaki. I want to be the next president of Iran. I have an American wife. I love you!

    and everyone in Iran is glued to their TV taking notes and realizing what a horrible regime we have. After all without these personalities how could we know about the likes of Khamenei and AN.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    33,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by footballeirani View Post
    Got to love this movement that has zero tolerance for criticism. Labels fly...that guy is a coward...this guy is a hero.

    Oh my god look at Ghahve Talkh and the guy who plays the role of the king is such a jackass that he makes a mockery of our past kings. Ey bar pedare lanat Mehran Modiri khaen...

    Forget about Mousavi people. I will come to Iran with 50 helicopters and 100 airplanes next month to free us all.

    Hello, my name is Atabaki. I want to be the next president of Iran. I have an American wife. I love you!

    and everyone in Iran is glued to their TV taking notes and realizing what a horrible regime we have. After all without these personalities how could we know about the likes of Khamenei and AN.
    You are taking the piss because right now the wind is blowing in your direction.

    The truth is far from your truth.

    The truth is, yes, forget about Mousavi if you want to hear words of wisdom on the backwardness of Islam and what it has done to our people. For that, refer to some of the educated intellectuals who occasionally show up on LA channels as well.

    The truth is, yes, Kamran Atabaki may be a joke on a channel funded by Sepah itself, but to learn about the social disorders that Iranians suffer from it would be very beneficial to watch his program and witness the utterly disgusting treatment a free voice may receive should Iran become a democracy (in name).

    The truth is, if someone in the opposition had the so called 50 helicopters and 100 airplanes, things would've been quite different. Laugh at it all you want, but guns, choppers and the occasional plane were badly missed during the protests. How's that for practicality?!

    The truth is, Modiri does indeed ridicule Iran's past, though, credit to him, a lot of the stuff in his shows are indeed a true depiction of the ridiculous state of our past governments and maybe even the current one, but I wonder whose responsibility it is to question the current state of our country using satire? I guess we'll have to rely on LA artists like Ali Fakhreddin and Parviz Sayyad for that ha? Dameshoon garm. They did more than Mehran Modiri has ever done in his life. You wanna laugh and see the truth? Go watch "Samad Be Jang Miravad". That'll teach you a few things and keep you entertained for a good 2 hours.

    The truth is, just because people in Iran don't have the balls to stand up for their own fucking rights, it doesn't mean we outsiders cannot question their way of life. You know why? Because by the time I'm done with my online-banking tasks tonight, there will be a few thousand dollars taken out of my cashflow about to get sent to Iran. For what? For helping the family I have there. The same family who easily questions my sanity when I talk about their lack of knowledge on what's going on around them. They really don't fucking know. They don't even care. I have given up on them, but I still want Iran to become a better place. Who the fuck should I put my hopes on then? I guess LA based TV channels are a real possibility now aren't they? After all, they won't laugh at me if I call them and express my sheer frustration about the situation in Iran on air.


  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    The truth is that Mehran Modiri lives in Iran and he does not have freedom of speech. The truth is that people in Iran are going thru shit on a daily basis and at least there is a guy there who is dedicated to making comedy shows and bringing entertainment to their homes.

    I guess at some point Modiri's popularity and his immense audience ticked off some of the opportunists here in States.

    Modiri's skit made fun of those LA channels and left some of the other programs such as BBC and VOA out. I thought his assertions were exactly to the point and I do not expect him to make a show about Khamenei and AN tomorrow because he lives in Iran and he does not have freedom of speech.

    The guy served in the Iran Iraq war and for a guy to come and call him a coward because he is not making anti regime shows while he lives in Iran is beyond absurd.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    33,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by footballeirani View Post
    The truth is that Mehran Modiri lives in Iran and he does not have freedom of speech. The truth is that people in Iran are going thru shit on a daily basis and at least there is a guy there who is dedicated to making comedy shows and bringing entertainment to their homes.

    I guess at some point Modiri's popularity and his immense audience ticked off some of the opportunists here in States.

    Modiri's skit made fun of those LA channels and left some of the other programs such as BBC and VOA out. I thought his assertions were exactly to the point and I do not expect him to make a show about Khamenei and AN tomorrow because he lives in Iran and he does not have freedom of speech.

    The guy served in the Iran Iraq war and for a guy to come and call him a coward because he is not making anti regime shows while he lives in Iran is beyond absurd.
    ROFL! Where did you get the idea that he served in the war?! LOL! Who cares anyway? Millions of others did too.

    Freedom of speech is not given to anyone. It's a right. Everyone has freedom of speech if they choose to. Now I'm not saying Modiri should do a parody on AN's speech (which is actually not all that hard to pull given the resources he has available to him and how easy it would be for him to get out of the possible consequences), but he doesn't have to serve the fascists' cause by playing in their hands (BY CHOICE). Remember no one forced him to do this. He probably realized the whole thing was quite wrong in the first place so he never published it.


  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    ROFL! Where did you get the idea that he served in the war?! LOL! Who cares anyway? Millions of others did too.

    Freedom of speech is not given to anyone. It's a right. Everyone has freedom of speech if they choose to. Now I'm not saying Modiri should do a parody on AN's speech (which is actually not all that hard to pull given the resources he has available to him and how easy it would be for him to get out of the possible consequences), but he doesn't have to serve the fascists' cause by playing in their hands (BY CHOICE). Remember no one forced him to do this. He probably realized the whole thing was quite wrong in the first place so he never published it.
    He is a veteran. Read up on him before you label him a coward. Who cares anyway? I do. He had the courage and balls to go to and put his life on the line for his country.

    Everyone can have freedom of speech if they want to? What??? Freedom of speech means that you get to state your opinion freely. In Iran there is no such thing. Go ahead and express your opinion there and the next day you are in evin.

    I do not see anything wrong with this latest production. LA channels and their personalities are very lame and if they are made fun of so be it. No terrible loss.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Alright.

    Here it goes. You find it okay for Modiri to make fun of the ridiculous opposition. Fine.

    Would you be okay with the post-election protests being made fun of? After all, the opposition outside Iran may not have achieved much, but nor did the one inside.

    In fact, the opposition outside Iran has been much more outspoken yet a safer campaign compared to the protests inside which led to bloodshed and hundreds of people dead. They both ended up achieving absolutely NOTHING. In fact, prior to the protests, there was an element of mystery to the might of people's anger and what it could do if it ever got unleashed. No more... That mystery has now vanished with the regime feeling more in control than the days LA TVs were being watched in people's homes.

    The point is, the opposition outside may be a complete joke as far as practicality and achievements, but the truth is, the information provided by these same LA TVs to Iranian people in the last decade played a major role in building up their anger towards the fascists. They got informed about a lot of things that they normally wouldn't ever know. They learned about some of the characters that I.R had always portrayed as traitors. They learned that it's possible to question religion and not get hit by lightning. They learned that the world doesn't care about Iran, but Iranians abroad do. They also learned that moving out of Iran is not the ultimate answer to their problems. No other media was providing them information about the crimes of Islamic Fascism in the past 30 years. Most of the youth in Iran had never heard about the killings of 1360s. Now they know. The internet and these LA-based TVs made it possible.

    I honestly don't care much about Homayoon as a person. I don't even know the guy. All I know is he's a business man who wants money, but I also know that he has spoken a lot of truth while on air. It's not right to ignore that part. He correctly pointed out the problem of addiction and made it a permanent initiative on his channel. Remember, it's his own channel. He could've aired Kamran o Hooman instead of being concerned about addiction in Iran. He deserves credit for that. Why do we praise Dariush (the singer) for doing the same thing, but not Homayoon?

    The same goes for the other channels.

    People expect 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days/year quality programming from these LA channels when they know even giant cable networks like Fox are incapable of such a thing. They easily overlook the disgusting incompetence and propagandist nature of IRIB who have all the money in the world, but can't ever ignore the shortcomings of channels abroad. At the same time, they accuse these TV channels of being thieves for wanting donations. Well, guess what? If these LA channels don't get rich on YOUR MONEY (like IRIB did) they will never produce quality programming. That's how it works everywhere in the world. Quality costs money. If you don't want to give it to Shahram Homayoon, then have the decency to let him be instead of laughing at his message or his mom.

    Why is Modiri giving the Islamic regime what it wants when he absolutely doesn't have to? What is it that he's after? Entertaining people? At what cost? Ridiculing the small disintegrated parts of opposition to the regime? How is that even morally acceptable to his crew?

    I feel quite guilty for finding the clip funny. I do find it funny because some parts of it is pretty well done, but I feel guilty. Not because it makes fun of Homayoon or Amirghasemi. I feel guilty because I know somewhere in Iran, some motherfucking basiji piece of shit is laughing at the clip like I am. I don't want to be a part of it, so out of respect for myself, I'm going to not recommend Modiri's work (no matter how artistic and entertaining) to anyone.
    I disagree with the bold statements. How could you say the internal movement acheived nothing and claim that they have been just as ineffective as these LA channels that during a course of 30 years have done zero. In fact if the inside movement was dealt a blow by the regime, it could partly be blamed on the jealousies of these very same channels. Also please give me a few names of these intelectuals who have been informing people in Iran throughout these 30 years. Lastly I think you are exaggerating the ratings of these channels in Iran. The only channels that I believe have some viewers are PMC & Farsi 1 and Tapesh for entertainment and VOA and BBC for politics. With all that being said I think that the internet is the greatest source for information in the homeland.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    31,755
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biAzar View Post
    Exactly what is the treshhold for being allowed to have an opinion on this matter?
    500 miles? 1000 miles? 20 miles?

    Are praises for modiri's work bound to a certain distance too? or >12,000 miles is acceptable?

    I don't recall modiri's political intentions being discussed here until he politicized his work himself.
    Do you also have a treshhold for modiri ? what is the permissible distance for modiri to be allowed to redicule Homayoun???

    Why is it OK for him to do it from 12000 miles, but not OK to have a comment on what he did from the same distance???

    Isn't that double standards?

    It is fine to dislike Homayoun. I don't care for the guy either.But having a system like IRI in place, Modiri decided to take sides. That is fine, as long as it didn't become public. But once it became part of political scene of some sort, he became fair game too. It is an action that IRI benefited from. Just look at their news sources and see how they brag and gloat about Modiri chasing away a "zed enghelab".
    It's very easy to have an opinion when u r NOT living in Iran, that was my point, yeah we all have opinions, I do hate IR as much but i dont give myself the permission to label people and calling them names when I consider myself a coward for leaving my country for better life leaving my countrymen to deal with it

    I dont sit here asking them to go to streets and stand in-front of bullets when i watch the events on my TV in comfort of my house. you all judge him and call him names fair enough its your opinion but may i ask you what u call yourself ? I sure call myself a coward i dont know about you guys.

    We all say " I LOVE IRAN, I HATE IR, I .... " and yet none of us have the BALLS to go back and do what they did in Summer of 2009. you dont have the balls yet u asking Modiri to make a skid making fun of IR ? I am not saying what he did was right or wrong, i am saying I personally am in no position to criticize him and asking him to do things I would not dare to do.

    as far as i am concerned what i think of Modiri does NOT matter what soever, what people INSIDE iran think of him make all the difference.
    Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by footballeirani View Post
    The truth is that Mehran Modiri lives in Iran and he does not have freedom of speech. The truth is that people in Iran are going thru shit on a daily basis and at least there is a guy there who is dedicated to making comedy shows and bringing entertainment to their homes.

    I guess at some point Modiri's popularity and his immense audience ticked off some of the opportunists here in States.

    Modiri's skit made fun of those LA channels and left some of the other programs such as BBC and VOA out. I thought his assertions were exactly to the point and I do not expect him to make a show about Khamenei and AN tomorrow because he lives in Iran and he does not have freedom of speech.

    The guy served in the Iran Iraq war and for a guy to come and call him a coward because he is not making anti regime shows while he lives in Iran is beyond absurd.
    I am not saying that Modiri does have a social responsibility to please anyone's sense of right and wrong. But in this matter, he could have chosen to remain unbiased and he didn't. It is like taking a cheap shot at someone who cannot defend himself, but being respectful to the bigger guy in the room. That is a cowardly attitude no matter how you put it. All your other justifications are nothing but excusing the obvious.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by footballeirani View Post
    Modiri decided to take sides? Whose side exactly? If making a parody on LA channels constitutes taking sides then count me on the other side.

    I find it hilarious that most of you guys are saying that hey I do not care for Shahram Homayoon or those LA channels but still you are criticizing Modiri for taking sides or ridiculing the opposition somehow.

    If you subscribe to the crap of Shahram Homayoon and the ones like him then you are in need of some serious soul searching.
    What you don't get is that Homayoon and many others like him, whether you agree with their political views or not, have taken the side of the people against this regime. You don't have to subscribe to Hugo Chavez if you agree with his stance against Bush.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •