Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 111
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the preview it seems like Abu Nazir will actually be coming to the states!!! I think this makes the story more interesting instead of him just being on the sidelines on the other side. I really liked the looks on Saul's face as well when Carrie was getting banged hard and he was just hold his head.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    این کفشای دختر برودی منو کشته.

  3. #63
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooya View Post
    best episode to date in season 2.

    you guys think Roya is Amanpour of the show
    hahaha...but it should be slightly based on her

    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    Based on the preview it seems like Abu Nazir will actually be coming to the states!!! I think this makes the story more interesting instead of him just being on the sidelines on the other side. I really liked the looks on Saul's face as well when Carrie was getting banged hard and he was just hold his head.
    well, he is in the states. Probably hiding somewhere around Tyson's Corner in Fairfax. But yes, that Carrie banging Brody scene was maybe one of the top5 scenes in both seasons.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard a lot about this series - heard it's pretty damn good. I read it was based on an Israeli show, and that kind of turned me off cause I thought it was going to be full of propaganda, but it seems its a bit more balanced than I thought. Might give it a viewing.

    But nothing will ever, ever, ever top The Wire ... Sopranos comes in a far 2nd place ... another good show is The Walking Dead.
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?” - Rumi

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    32,525
    Post Thanks / Like
    i watched afew Walking Dead episodes, just doesnt cut it for me, how many episodes can you drag people killing Zombies !!!
    Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard many good things about "The Wire" and the entire series boxset is sitting in front of the tv, but I haven't ever really paid attention to it. I sound like a bimbo for saying this, but the low picture quality and the aspect ratio mess me up.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverton View Post
    Heard a lot about this series - heard it's pretty damn good. I read it was based on an Israeli show, and that kind of turned me off cause I thought it was going to be full of propaganda, but it seems its a bit more balanced than I thought. Might give it a viewing.

    But nothing will ever, ever, ever top The Wire ... Sopranos comes in a far 2nd place ... another good show is The Walking Dead.

    If you loved the wire then you must watch OZ... Its the first 1 hour TV drama from the HBO channel and from someone who has seen all these shows I can tell you IMO its the best show ever produced on TV. I have seen every episode over 5 times and when it comes to a realistic show and the facts and acting involved in it you just cannot do a better a job. A true masterpiece that is not given the credit it deserves.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    If you loved the wire then you must watch OZ... Its the first 1 hour TV drama from the HBO channel and from someone who has seen all these shows I can tell you IMO its the best show ever produced on TV. I have seen every episode over 5 times and when it comes to a realistic show and the facts and acting involved in it you just cannot do a better a job. A true masterpiece that is not given the credit it deserves.
    I have watched OZ, and I love it. One of my favourite series as well, forgot to mention it Both The Wire and OZ have many of the same actors.

    This is my favourite character

    Name:  518405-eamonnwalker006.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  23.1 KB
    Last edited by Silverton; 26-11-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?” - Rumi

  9. #69
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    I have heard many good things about "The Wire" and the entire series boxset is sitting in front of the tv, but I haven't ever really paid attention to it. I sound like a bimbo for saying this, but the low picture quality and the aspect ratio mess me up.
    it's only the 1st season....best show ever made...nothing compares to the wire

    btw. nice twist at homeland...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverton View Post
    I have watched OZ, and I love it. One of my favourite series as well, forgot to mention it Both The Wire and OZ have many of the same actors.

    This is my favourite character

    Name:  518405-eamonnwalker006.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  23.1 KB

    Eamon Walker (Kareem Said) is indeed one of the top characters in OZ. You truly get to enjoy and praise his great performance, and truly vision the change that comes with him on the show throughout the 6-7 years it was being aired. What I love about some of these shows (especially ones that run longer) is character development and change that comes with it. They age and bodies change throughout the years and you see many aspects that go with that as they evolve within the show. I actually met him during a OZ book signing and had a quick conversation with him. I mentioned to him how I loved his character growth and evolvement and that it was very interesting to my best friend and I who is a big OZ fan as well. We use to have conversations about him and how he changed throughout the years from being the riot leader to the killer of Adebisi and losing his leadership of the Muslims. He appreciated that comment and said he felt the same way about show and is one of his favorites of all time as well. Very nice guy indeed and I really felt like it was just like Said from the show ( My looks helped as well am sure!). On the contrary Lee Tergessen (Beecher) seemed like an asshole in real life and was really pissed off at something. Robson was present and was messing with Beecher and someone told him hey you don’t want Beecher doing what he did to you penis on the show again? That really set off Beecher

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,435
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was fighting my self not to start watching the season 2 until I'm done with this project I'm doing for school... yesterday I was tried and I thought I would give my self a break and watch one episode 1... and I ended up watching all 9 episodes of season 2 in one day ! my project is due in few hours and I'm not even close to finishing it... damn you Brody !

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    it's only the 1st season....best show ever made...nothing compares to the wire

    btw. nice twist at homeland...
    Agreed. I like this more localized stuff. Granted I am afraid they may go for such a big plot twist that it will be really hard for the show to maintain that "high' feel.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

  13. #73
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walking Dead is interesting from a population genetic point of view

    Take a population of N with m Zombies and n humans. Since Zombies don't die by natural death from what I know but they are much fitter than humans, a factor will always be how many more humans than Zombies exist. If the number of zombies is high enough, then we would end with a population of m-zombies killed and that population would remain constant, since zombies are also not reproductive.

    So I really don't know how Walking Dead made it to 3 seasons.

  14. #74
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    aeeehm...Skype over Blackberry? Really????

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
    Posts
    6,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    aeeehm...Skype over Blackberry? Really????
    LOOOL! That was a pretty weak episode last night! What happened to the surveillance on Brody?!
    22 Khordad, 1388: The beginning of the end of Islamic Republic.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •