Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NFL

Post Thanks / Like

NFL

It's the third quarter of the afternoon games, and it looks like this was a weekend for choking for several teams.

The Jets choked, and it sure looks like Oakland, Cincinatti, Pittsburg, and Denver are about to choke.

Hats of to GB, Tennesee, Detroit, New Orleans, New England and Baltimore for bringing it

Hope the cowboys giants don't disappoint.

Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowboys-Giants didn't, all as expected

Interesting match ups...will we finally see Pats-Steelers in AFC final since they are the most dominant teams of past 10 years there but I believe they never faced in Playoffs? Will Flacco deliver? I mean, that Ravens D is probably the fiercest in the league.

NFC seems like all Green Bay and Saints but you never know about Giants. They seem to be able to switch their game on when it matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I follow the Steelers and the Browns and while the Browns are on their way up the Steelers unfortunately missed the right time to make the team younger. I dont like Tomlin, Steelers used to ba a franchize that never needed to rebuild, they just reloaded. Unter Tomlin this franchize became to a franchise that really needs to be rebuilt. They simply are not balanced enough to just fill the holes through draft. They have more holes to fills than they could do through draft alone.

Does anybody play fantasy football?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Chris Ivory. The is clearly my favourite running back a position that i have a soft spot for. What i like about Ivory is his mentality. hard nosed, runs angry, runs hard through the middle where other people often make a cut to the edges to avoid those hard contacts....i have never seen him go out of bounds in fear of getting hit hard by a linebacker.

Yes, Adrian Peterson is already a legend but Ivory has been injury prone throughout his whole carrer, otherwise i am sure he is not much behind Peterson in terms of pure talent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am gonna watch Jets vs. Lions in about an hour just in order to see Ivory. The Jets are -stupidly- splitting snaps and carries between him and Chris Johnson but Ivory is the by far better back and the stats show it. Chris Johnson has gradually lost carries to Ivory but in my opinion the Jets shouldnt have named him starter to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tampa are containing Bell but Roethlisberger is having a great day so far...Go Steelers

Post Thanks / Like
    wrong thread clown

8. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
    Tampa are containing Bell but Roethlisberger is having a great day so far...Go Steelers
    Steelers look terrible so far , Browns gave them a good beating down yesterday.
    In Carlos We Trust

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    I honestly thought the Steelers would be better than this. Well as for the Raiders all is not lost we lost to the Chargers but the Raiders are responding to interm coach Tony Sporano he's going to focus on the running game more and Derek Carr is a good quarterback he is not his brother he is better. We also hit a home run with a 7th round corner Carrey and LB Khalil Mack. We need a good play maker I expect the Raiders to draft WR Amari Cooper out of Alabama.
    Raiders are just a pathetic organization , year after year of top draft picks and they still cant field a competitive team . The raiders are the type of team that will have 1-2 good seasons out of 15 seasons and suck big time the rest of the time.
    In Carlos We Trust

Post Thanks / Like
    Somethings wrong with the Steelers and i think its more or less the coach. I dont like him, his player evaluation is poor, he is drafting poorly ...all in all i have not seen the Steelers to be in such a miserable state in the last 20 years. It hurts. They basically are playing with two backup LBs and the Corners are miserable. I dont understand how they didnt manage to adress it through draft. All in all its not clicking, its not working.

However my man Chris Ivory had a great game vs. the Patriots running for 125 yards and a TD. Too bad the Jets lost the game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...ory-highlights

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maziar95 View Post
    Steelers look terrible so far , Browns gave them a good beating down yesterday.
    ...and the steelers gave you a good beating yesterday. Loved every bit of that game
    Big Ben poured 6 TDs on your D. Are you kidding me? ...wow

Post Thanks / Like
    Big game next week between Sacramento Saints and Columbus Colts...

My money's on Saints but Brandon DiMarco needs to step up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
    ...and the steelers gave you a good beating yesterday. Loved every bit of that game
    Big Ben poured 6 TDs on your D. Are you kidding me? ...wow
    Even the part where Ben was sacked 3 times in a row? obviously Steelers played much better and are on a hot streak whereas the Ravens are on a cold streak. Lets not forget the Ravens gave you guys a good beating earlier this year. The division is anyone's to win including the Browns so it should get interesting.
    In Carlos We Trust

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes aslong as the result is the same, i will enjoy every bit of any game. I dont care if you sack Big Ben 10 times as long as we end up getting the W

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    For those of you NFL history buffs, every team in the AFC north has a winning record. This only happened two other times since the AFL NFL merger so you are right that division is wide open for anybody to win hell Cleveland is kind of getting hot, the Bengals have a stacked team, the Ravens are cold right now but they can turn that around and the Steelers went from being cold to riding a hot streak. Now here is a hypothetical. Assume that Bryan Hoyer and the Browns win 10 games and they get one of the wild card spots and lets say they actually make some noise and get out of the first round. What do you do if you are the new GM? Your local hero who played his high school ball in Columbus Ohio and played his college ball at near by Michigan State took your team to the playoffs, yet you have Manziel waiting on the bench. Hoyer also loves going on local sports talk radio shows and he is one of the most beloved Browns QB. He fits the mold of the city and Michigan State is a blue collar school, they play a physical style of football and Cleveland is a blue collar city so it's a perfect fit. He actually wanted to play for Ohio St but the Buckeyes passed on him because he was only a 3 star recruit and usually Ohio State ignores you if you are a 3 star QB. What would you do on that situation would you let Manziel learn one more year behind Hoyer if Hoyer is playing good ball? Even if they don't make the playoffs but Hoyer wins 10 games, he should start the following season. If the Raiders owner Mark Davis is paying attention, this is what a good GM and a good head coach can do for your team. The Browns were in a similar spot as the Raiders a while back but they cleaned house and got new management starting from the GM position and down to the coaching staff. It is obviously paying off huge dividends.
    The problem with the Browns is they will never be a constantly winning team , they will have periods of highs but it they will mostly be a losing team and that's because of ownership. The Bengals are somewhat the same but not to the same extent. The Ravens and the Steelers are the 2 teams that have good ownership and will be battling it out for the division for most of the seasons.
    In Carlos We Trust