Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: U21 Euro 2013

Post Thanks / Like

U21 Euro 2013

Anyone who will be following the under-21 European championship in Israel, starting on 5 June? U can share news/reports here.

These are groups:
    Group A: Israel, Norway, England, Italy
    Group B: Spain, Holland, Russia, Germany

I've only really been following the Dutch team; it's a good generation of players who can really challenge for the title. I've talked before about how the new generation of youngsters in Holland is very promising, this is their chance to prove it. In goal there's Zoet, one of the most talented Dutch goalie's of recent years. Dutch defences are usually weak, but this one is actually pretty OK (not rock solid, but OK), with Ajax duo Van Rhijn and Blind as wing backs and Feyenoord duo De Vrij and Martins Indi in the center. The midfield is very strong, by far the strongest area of this team and coach Pot has some tough choices to make. The way it looks now Strootman, Clasie and Maher will be forming the midfield, meaning players who have int'l caps like Fer and Van Ginkel will be on the bench. I expect a lot from Strootman, it looks like he's the absolute leader of the team and he'll play an important role in Oranje's game. Luuk de Jong will be striker and Benfica-winger John will play on the left. The right winger position will be a battle between Wijnaldum and Jozefzoon. The very talented Depay is a good reserve for all 3 attacking positions. All in all a good team.

Post Thanks / Like
    Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes.i have had it marked on my calendar already. June 5-18. Sky Sports & Eurosport are scheduled to cover the games live.

Some great young talents play in this tourney.the likes of David De Gea (Spain) , Thiago (Spain) , Isco (Spain), Zaha (England) , Strootman (Holland) , Caulker (England) , Rose (England) , Holtby (Germany) etc.

I'm particularly interested in Strootman & Thiago Alcantara. i would love to have them at Manchester United.
    "Never argue with idiots. they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mashdi View Post
    Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes.i have had it marked on my calendar already. June 5-18. Sky Sports & Eurosport are scheduled to cover the games live.

Some great young talents play in this tourney.the likes of David De Gea (Spain) , Thiago (Spain) , Isco (Spain), Zaha (England) , Strootman (Holland) , Caulker (England) , Rose (England) , Holtby (Germany) etc.

I'm particularly interested in Strootman & Thiago Alcantara. i would love to have them at Manchester United.
    yup, in addition to players like Insigne (Italy), Verratti (Italy) and Dzagoev (Russia). It's going to be a very interesting tournament, with Spain as favourites IMO.

Btw, I'd love to see Strootman at Man Utd..long as we see enough cash money, it's all good

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's going to be a really good tournament. Spain, England, Holland and Germany all have real good teams on paper and I think the Norwegians may spoil the party for someone - they already did for France! It would also be interesting to see how Israel does. This is their first time in the final stage, although they came close a couple of times. Wasn't someone asking for the tournament to be moved somewhere else for security concerns?

I'll definitely watch a couple of games, if you guys be kind enough to post the links...

Post Thanks / Like
    2 matches today to kick start a tourney with multitudes of young talents.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Israel vs Norway
    KO: 17:00 UK time
    Live on Sky Sports 2 and a host of other channels including ESPN Deportes , Sport 1 , TV2 Sport & SuperSport Maximo.

England vs Italy
    KO : 19:30 UK time
    Live on Sky Sports 2 and a host of other channels including Aljazeera Sport 3 , RAI Sport 3 , Sport 1, ESPN Deportes & SuperSport Maximo ,

Group A

Israel , England , Italy , Norway

Group B

Spain , Netherlands , Russia , Germany
    "Never argue with idiots. they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Post Thanks / Like
    Any links to the Israel game Mashdi joon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Any links to the Israel game Mashdi joon?
    I don't know of any streams as i'm watching it on Sky Sports TV.

HT

Israel 1 Norway 1

What a great game with tremendous pace specially by Norway.they dominated the half with quick passing and creating several goal scoring chances including hitting the bar and the post. Israel scored first against the run of play but Norway recovered and Pedersen equalized with a good hustle and even a better finish.Pedersen is having a very good game so far. Norway went down to 10 men towards the end of the half as a goal scoring chance was denied by Norway defender's foul.the initial play looked a tad offside to me and could have been flagged and stopped before the foul was committed.

Post Thanks / Like
    FT

Israel 2 Norway 2

What a thrilling and well played match. Israel took advantage of man advantage in the 2nd half and created some goal scoring chances with high pace ball movement. a nifty play by Israel's Krieff and his shot got blocked but Turgemen scored from the rebound with a good finish for Israel lead.

2 great saves by Israeli keeper on Norway's Pedersen but Harmin Singh scored for Norway in injury time with a fantastic low shot into the corner of the net.

Eikram & Pedersen had a very good game for Norway. Eikram used to play at Manchester United Academy.

Mohammad had a great game for Israel.his last name is Kalabbas.

Post Thanks / Like
    England vs Italy will kick off in a few minutes.

Looking forward to see Manchester United's Wilfried Zaha and Italy's Verratti in action.

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew that was going to be a very good game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    I knew that was going to be a very good game.
    I knew it as soon as i saw the name of Kalabbas on Israel's team sheet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic free kick by Insigne for Italy to lead England by 1-0.

England had a Dawson goal disallowed earlier due to what the ref thought to be a Caulker foul. it was quite a scrappy situation inside the box on that play.

England's Robinson got away with a clear penalty on Italy's Florenze in the 1st half.

Zaha is on the bench for England. Verratti has playey real well for Italy so far.
    Last edited by mashdi; 06-06-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great save on Henderson's free kick in injury time.

FT

England 0 Italy 1

Italy played an overall better game. some very good passing and Verratti & Insigne were quite good and ran the show for Italy. Italy's Florenzo had a great header saved by keeper.Shelvy was doing well for England but was subbed out for whatever reason.didn't look like he was injured. Dawson was decent and had a goal from Shelvy corner disallowed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good start to this tourney.i thoroughly enjoyed watching both matches. looking forward to tonight's tasty matches.

Highlights of yesterday's matches

Israel 2 Norway 2

http://www.footytube.com/video/israe...han_ov_vidgrid

England 0 Italy 1

http://www.footytube.com/video/engla...1-jun05-181276

Dawson's disallowed goal , Robinson gets away with a foul on Florenzi inside the box , Insigne's free kick goal for Italy

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight's fixtures involve a host of great young talents including David de Gea (Spain) , Thiago Alcantara (Spain) , Isco (Spain ), Dzagoev (Russia) , Strootman (Holland) , Zoet (Holland) & Holtby (Germany).

Thursday 6 June 2013

Spain vs Russia
    KO : 17:00 UK time

Netherlands vs Germany
    KO : 19:30 UK time