Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know anything about Mahmoud Vaezi?

Supposedly he is a candidate to be the new FM.

Biography :

Education:
    B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Sacramento State University, California, USA.
    M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, San Jose State University, California, USA.
    Ph.D Candidate in Telecommunications/Eng., Louisiana State University, USA. (Unfinished thesis)
    M.A. Degree in International Relations, University of Tehran. Iran.
    Ph.D Degree in International Relations, Warsaw University, Poland.

Professional Background:
    1979 - 1986: Managing Director and Chairman of Board of Directors of TCI.
    1980 - 1986: First Deputy Minister of Post and Tele Comunication
    1986 - 1988: Advisor to Minister of Foreign Affairs
    1986 - 1999: Chairman of Coordination Committee for Foreign Economic Relations.
    1988 - 1997: Political Deputy of Foreign Minister in Europe and American Countries Affairs.
    1997 - 1999: Deputy Foreign Minister in Economic Affairs.
    1999 - until now: Member of Board of Directors, Naftiran Intertrade Co. Ltd. (NICO)
    1999 - until now: Member of Board of Directors and Vice – Chairman of OIEC.
    1999 - until now: Deputy of Foreign Policy and International Relations, CSR (Expediency Council).

Research:
    Articles in Political and Scientific Journals

Books

Articles

Strategic Reports

Post Thanks / Like
    He's a distant relative of mine. I've known him since childhood.

Decent guy. His family is somewhat normal. Religious by "Eltezaam" sometimes, but fairly open minded other times. He was very much involved during Rafsanjani's era. According to the conversations between adults that I remember, he was quite the diplomat.

He's nothing like the crazy hardliner crowd. I know that because otherwise he couldn't have survived in our family

He was involved in a lot of business deals between Iran and the newly formed former-soviet republics. He got rich.

As for ethics and honesty, well, he's becoming a top I.R official! What the fuck else is there to know?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BT. I am surprised Zarif is not even mentioned as a candidate. His credentials seem to be higher than this guy. So far only this guy and Kamal Kharazi have come up.

Post Thanks / Like
    When did he get this:

Ph.D Degree in International Relations, Warsaw University, Poland.

Do they provide timeline in his resume or is this another PHD like Rohani's PHD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    He was very much involved during Rafsanjani's era.
    He was involved in a lot of business deals between Iran and the newly formed former-soviet republics. He got rich.

As for ethics and honesty, well, he's becoming a top I.R official! What the fuck else is there to know?!!
    HAhahahaha, These 3 lines tell me alot about his honesty and his ethics

Post Thanks / Like
    Shak nakonid: inaa hame gharbil shodan. Injaa hichki be in maraateb nemirese age sar sepordegiye khodesh be nezaam ro be toroghe mokhtalef saabet nakarde baasheh. (mibakhshi BT, man faamil paamil haalim nemishe, babaye khodamam bood hamino migoftam)
    "Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
    ---Bertrand Russell