Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IranZamin View Post
    Your skull is not a safe place for brain cells.
    Actually it is a very safe place for that because it is thick, but it is vacant and ready for lease at the moment.
    Please read the noble Quran with your mother language. Is it too much to ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Motori View Post
    Pipelines don't roll on their own and explode, they don't pass through populated areas either. So pipelines win. Thank you.
    He just had to get his talking point in somehow. The accident was an excuse. Opposing Keystone is now added to the Articles of Faith of the left. If you are a Dem then you MUST oppose it.
    They can again be what they once were

Post Thanks / Like
    yes pipelines in theory and practice are safer than hauling around oil on trains or trucks but under the harper regime canada has become such a joke and basically a 3rd world country that most americans will not trust them with any pipelines they built or maintain.

Post Thanks / Like
    [1] Trains also pass small cities in USA as well ... So this type of incident unfortunately can happen even USA even though very unlikely

[2] Pipelines are disaster for environment, something that most politicians try to ignore but it is horrible

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    [1]

[2] Pipelines are disaster for environment, something that most politicians try to ignore but it is horrible
    You don't like tankers, you don't like trains, you don't like pipelines. How do you expect to get the oil to the refineries so you can drive around in your little putt putt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    You don't like tankers, you don't like trains, you don't like pipelines. How do you expect to get the oil to the refineries so you can drive around in your little putt putt?
    First of all, I really care about environment and I think 90% of society (specially in north America) don't care about this issue. The fact of the matter is that we are destroying the environment at a rate that is inconceivable and any action that we do, will have effects on many generation to come. For instance, In Canada, The government of BC and Alberta trying to create northern gateway pipeline project to pass Alberta oil to the rest of the world through British Columbia. In order to do this, you have to pass 2000 KM of pipelines through small cities, lakes with habitats, destroy a lot of forest. All the environmental studies show that this is horrible mistake. It will endanger the fish habitat, it will destroy huge amount of forest lands and it is a big problem. The harper government changed many laws in the last few years to make such project possible. They also have closed all the government facilities that do research and recommendation for environmental issues.

The fact that we need new ways to carry energy is inevitable but we have to do serious thinking before launching a any type of project such as pipeline project or trains carrying huge amount of oil and natural resources. These types of studies are never done and that is why such a explosion happens in Canada and can easily can happen in USA since the trains pass through small cities and communities. If some people think that this can't happen in USA, they are simply delusional.
    Last edited by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter; 08-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't answer my question. How do you expect to get the oil to the refineries so you can drive around in your little putt putt?

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't answer my question. How do you expect to get the oil to the refineries so you can drive around in your little putt putt?
    I am not going to answer your question because I already did if you read carefully.

The attitude of the most people in the USA is that we need more oil, so lets do anything and everything to get of this resource. F... the future generation and F... the environment.
    If anyone talks about the environment issues, then some idiot politician scares the society of how you drive your car every day for 2 hours. Well a lot can be done but when this is the attitude, how can you change ignorance ? You can't.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not going to answer your question because I already did if you read carefully.

The attitude of the most people in the USA is that we need more oil, so lets do anything and everything to get of this resource. F... the future generation and F... the environment.
    If anyone talks about the environment issues, then some idiot politician scares the society of how you drive your car every day for 2 hours. Well a lot can be done but when this is the attitude, how can you change ignorance ? You can't.
    I am not going to be lectured by a hypocrite who is using electricity generated by coal-fired power plants to use the computer and post about the evils of oil and gas. Go back to your cave and I might listen to you then.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not going to be lectured by a hypocrite who is using electricity generated by coal-fired power plants to use the computer and post about the evils of oil and gas. Go back to your cave and I might listen to you then.
    During the years I have read your intelligent posts. This is another example of it.
    To be conscious for the environment and do proper planning is equal to living in a cave and not using electricity !!
    what an intelligent man !!
    Last edited by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter; 08-07-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    During the years I have read your intelligent posts. This is another example of it.
    To be conscious for the environment and do proper planning is equal to living in a cave and not using electricity !!
    what an intelligent man !!
    Fact of the matter is you have not demonstrated how in any way you actually live differently than I. What do I do that I don't? How do you get to work? What is the size of your house? How many kWh of electricity do you use? Do you fly? Unless we know those, you are just a preacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://as10.org/top-10-safest-countr...the-world.html

Canada ranked one of top 10 safest countries to live in.

Post Thanks / Like
    there is ways to transfer oil in much safer ways but since Canada don't really care much about safety and thinks more about profit then it doesn't matter. Driving our cars in what cost ? killing our planet as oil spills are getting worse in Hudson river and contaminating underground water around North America in order to extract Natural Gas in what cost?
    Maybe we all should start thinking different about our lives and change our ways !
    There is no justification in what happened in Canada, there should have never been that much fuel in those tanker trails that could have went through residential area.
    I understand where Iran-Esteghlal-Inter is coming from and most of our generation 30 years and younger are all much more environmental friendly than older ones and it is because most young people are sick and tired of these industrial policies that are ignoring the core of our survival. We need to change and we need to change dramatically but these corporation power are blocking majority of people effort to stop these crude policies that are destroying our planet. And in Canada this is more evident !
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    nowhere is safe!
    Remember:
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    Maybe we all should start thinking different about our lives and change our ways !
    I am listening but let's start with yourself. Tell us how YOU live.