Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iranians inside Iran are dying to live in Canada. Best place to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E_Z_A View Post
    You are free to express yourself within the framework of Islam. Is this difficult for you to undrestand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    Iranians inside Iran are dying to live in Canada. Best place to live.
    Generally speaking, the people who have a problem with the US or Canada are already living there.
    They can again be what they once were

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardesheer View Post
    http://as10.org/top-10-safest-countr...the-world.htmlCanada ranked one of top 10 safest countries to live in.
    you gotta be very naive to take these rankings seriously.i'll consider them a few notches below fifa rankings.there are 13 dead and few dozen still missing from the explosion.meanwhile more trouble in 'paradise'.flooding this time in the jewel of the crown cuts off power and gives some lucky train passengers a free boat ride too:http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...n-toronto?lite

Post Thanks / Like
    what a moron
    “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
    Omar Khayyam 1048-1131

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    you gotta be very naive to take these rankings seriously.i'll consider them a few notches below fifa rankings.there are 13 dead and few dozen still missing from the explosion.meanwhile more trouble in 'paradise'.flooding this time in the jewel of the crown cuts off power and gives some lucky train passengers a free boat ride too:http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...n-toronto?lite
    Why don't you apply for a job at IRIB to canvas the news for any sign of natural and unnatural disasters in the west?
    They can again be what they once were

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Fact of the matter is you have not demonstrated how in any way you actually live differently than I. What do I do that I don't? How do you get to work? What is the size of your house? How many kWh of electricity do you use? Do you fly? Unless we know those, you are just a preacher.
    This is not about you and me. My posting wasn't about the individual actions rather the government regulations and environmental studies that can prevent such accident that occurred in Canada.
    In the beginning of the thread, someone mentioned that this thing can't happen in the USA and I said it can. Such trains pass small communities in both USA and Canada. For those who don't know, this train was moving from North Dakota to Canada.
    Someone mentioned, we can use pipelines and I am saying that this is not as safe and environment friendly as most people think. It can be catastrophic for environment.

I agree with you, that we can't be hypocrite and not be environmental friendly individual and expect our government do magic for us. Having said that, if the whole society are not regulated, the individual actions are not as important. Let me give you an example, I am a huge coffee drinker and probably drink 2-3 coffee / day sometime even more. I don't use a single paper cup and carry my mug with myself anywhere I go. This is good but just go to the any mall in North America and see the amount of paper that is being wasted. Look at the amount of paper being wasted for sending flyers everyday. So is my action saves the environment ? A bit but not in global sense. North Americans are wasteful and don't want to change their way of living and the corporations don't let the environmental laws to take place. Both USA and Canada have the potential to generate clean electricity in 20 years with the current technology instead of using coal and nuclear. and then some politicians speech about clean coal and everyone says Houray. A lot can be done my friend.

As someone else mentions, we left our country to have the right to think about these things, something that is non-existent in our country. I am glad that I live here and I am thankful about the life I have but I am not going to become a red-neck just because average idiot wasteful dictate me to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you apply for a job at IRIB to canvas the news for any sign of natural and unnatural disasters in the west?
    no can do.thanks to aipac and their agents in the u.s. congress all iranian sat. channels are gone for now,including my favorite presstv.now i can only watch them online to get an alternative to the news coverage of the cooperate media that is available to me.i did not have to canvas anything for the canada news.it was on the radio on the way to work.american media are quick to cover these kind of news stories about canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    This is not about you and me. My posting wasn't about the individual actions rather the government regulations and environmental studies that can prevent such accident that occurred in Canada.
    Great post.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I really care about environment and I think 90% of society (specially in north America) don't care about this issue. The fact of the matter is that we are destroying the environment at a rate that is inconceivable and any action that we do, will have effects on many generation to come. For instance, In Canada, The government of BC and Alberta trying to create northern gateway pipeline project to pass Alberta oil to the rest of the world through British Columbia. In order to do this, you have to pass 2000 KM of pipelines through small cities, lakes with habitats, destroy a lot of forest. All the environmental studies show that this is horrible mistake. It will endanger the fish habitat, it will destroy huge amount of forest lands and it is a big problem. The harper government changed many laws in the last few years to make such project possible. They also have closed all the government facilities that do research and recommendation for environmental issues.

The fact that we need new ways to carry energy is inevitable but we have to do serious thinking before launching a any type of project such as pipeline project or trains carrying huge amount of oil and natural resources. These types of studies are never done and that is why such a explosion happens in Canada and can easily can happen in USA since the trains pass through small cities and communities. If some people think that this can't happen in USA, they are simply delusional.
    I lived in Alberta for 16 years and I am planing to move back there within 2 years. I have easily, 30-40 friends who are in oil and gas industry , anything from engineers to field supervisors to ... I also have handful of friends who are environmental engineering.

Canada has been great when it comes to environmental laws and safety. As a matter of fact, Canadian engineers in the oil and gas field are regarded very highly in terms of filed expertise, technology and safety. Accidents happen and it can happen even if you take the outmost precussions.

As a Canadian and more as an Albertan, I do care about environment and the land that my kids and my grand kids will probably live for many years to come. At the same time, I do care about the pipe line and the economy of the region and jobs and ... We need to pipe line to survive and to be build with Canadian standards and regulations.

Yes, we do need regulations in terms of environmental laws but we don't want to kidnap or hijack our economy with them.

Lets be honest, look at CHINA, Brazil and India, some of the most growing economy in the world which have ZERO environmental laws compare to our standard in North America.

Look at the damage a country like China is making on daily basis to the environment which is 10000 times worth that the damage that country like Canada makes in a month or maybe years.

Pipe line should be a concern but you know what is more of concern:

When a one of the biggest OIL companies in Canada is bought by Chinese just few month ago!!! No one made a big deal about it ...
    How are we going to compete with Chinese when we are shipping all our jobs there and buying everything they made because it is 50 cents cheaper !!!

Do we care about environment when going to Walmart to save 5 bucks by buying Chinese products ? No, we don't. We buy their product and don't even think for a minute about environment and ...

People in BC have all the jungles and nature and ... but young Canadians are moving away from there because there is no JOB !! The housing prices in Vancouver correlates with the stock market in China !!! It is the Chinese who are moving to Vancouver an enjoying the nature while the Canadians can not even effort buying properties there and have to move away finding jobs.

I do support building the Pipe line in Alberta and I think it is necessary to the economy of both Alberta and BC. If we don't do it, we will loss the race and our future to China, India and Brazil and believe me, you don't want to live in a world and country that major cooperations are run by Chinese.

I know my post sounds little racist now but I am talking in terms of economy and ... nothing personal against the Chinese as race or ... Heck, my Chinese Canadian friends even admit that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived in Alberta for 16 years and I am planing to move back there within 2 years.
    Agha sardeh, lamassab sardeh. Madaresho ***** sardeh! Mordeshoore in havaye Canada ro bebaran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Agha sardeh, lamassab sardeh. Madaresho ***** sardeh! Mordeshoore in havaye Canada ro bebaran.
    Yes but Calgary Shnook dAreh, Ay hAl mideh. I used to live there for two years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Hahahaha, I know, believe me I know but it is not that much worst than Toronto Adam bayad ya jam koneh va az in canada bereh yek jaye Garm va aftabi , ya bayad breh to canada jaye ke pol khob hast.
    Last edited by shahinc; 09-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am listening but let's start with yourself. Tell us how YOU live.
    I live like anybody else, I try to be more environmental friendly but like you said it doesn't help when I use electricity I'm mostly getting them from coal power plants and ect...
    It is not about that as we are all trapped into it, however we all can be much more active and being more involve to go against these corporate power. There is many things people can do in order to stop these policies. For example people could push their governors and mayors into regulating many corporations and energy plants. We as people should put a lot more pressure on our government to regulate our energy and oil companies. We as people should put way more pressure on our government to build greener resolution than fracking and such. We as people can do a lot to put pressure on our government to do a right thing rather than benefiting corporations. Of course each one of us should help in this trend as not being as wasteful and be more environmental friendly!
    We as people should have put a lot of pressure on our government to build public transportation but we have Highways and Freeways instead in America, we as people should force government to be more people friendly rather than investors friendly.
    I don't drive my car for no reason, I try to shop locally and I try not waste a lot of electricity. There is so much each one of us can do individually but it would never be enough until we regulate our Energy and oil companies!
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shahinc View Post
    I lived in Alberta for 16 years and I am planing to move back there within 2 years. I have easily, 30-40 friends who are in oil and gas industry , anything from engineers to field supervisors to ... I also have handful of friends who are environmental engineering.

Canada has been great when it comes to environmental laws and safety. As a matter of fact, Canadian engineers in the oil and gas field are regarded very highly in terms of filed expertise, technology and safety. Accidents happen and it can happen even if you take the outmost precussions.

As a Canadian and more as an Albertan, I do care about environment and the land that my kids and my grand kids will probably live for many years to come. At the same time, I do care about the pipe line and the economy of the region and jobs and ... We need to pipe line to survive and to be build with Canadian standards and regulations.

Yes, we do need regulations in terms of environmental laws but we don't want to kidnap or hijack our economy with them.

Lets be honest, look at CHINA, Brazil and India, some of the most growing economy in the world which have ZERO environmental laws compare to our standard in North America.

Look at the damage a country like China is making on daily basis to the environment which is 10000 times worth that the damage that country like Canada makes in a month or maybe years.

Pipe line should be a concern but you know what is more of concern:

When a one of the biggest OIL companies in Canada is bought by Chinese just few month ago!!! No one made a big deal about it ...
    How are we going to compete with Chinese when we are shipping all our jobs there and buying everything they made because it is 50 cents cheaper !!!

Do we care about environment when going to Walmart to save 5 bucks by buying Chinese products ? No, we don't. We buy their product and don't even think for a minute about environment and ...

People in BC have all the jungles and nature and ... but young Canadians are moving away from there because there is no JOB !! The housing prices in Vancouver correlates with the stock market in China !!! It is the Chinese who are moving to Vancouver an enjoying the nature while the Canadians can not even effort buying properties there and have to move away finding jobs.

I do support building the Pipe line in Alberta and I think it is necessary to the economy of both Alberta and BC. If we don't do it, we will loss the race and our future to China, India and Brazil and believe me, you don't want to live in a world and country that major cooperations are run by Chinese.

I know my post sounds little racist now but I am talking in terms of economy and ... nothing personal against the Chinese as race or ... Heck, my Chinese Canadian friends even admit that.
    Thank you for your post but I need to mention few things.
    [1] I live in BC and have been associated with the department of the fishery and ocean, which have done immense studies in the last decade indicating how horrible the pipeline is for the fish habitat and it will destroy a lot of habitat. As a person who has worked in the Canadian Forestry as well, I tell you that the environmental studies is hugely lacking in Canada specially in BC. It is very simple, the Canadian Forestry lies about the fact that they do good job in replacing the forrest that they harvest which in fact is nothing more than a lie. Go with Google Earth and you see the huge holes that gets bigger every year and it is not replaced. For instance, all these holes in this image didn't exist 10 years ago. These are the forests that are gone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	34598

Furthermore, the government almost eliminate the research part of the BC government to pursue its agenda in the pipeline. A company like Embridge only care about money not the environment, never forget that.

[2] The government can do a lot to prevent Chinese destroy Canadian economy but they don't. This is due to lack of planning in this country. You talk about to Chinese buying Vancouver properties, just set a law that doesn't allow foreign investment in housing. Or set a law that a foreigner can buy a property less than certain amount. Done.
    Promote money for small businesses. Canada is becoming less industrialized every year due to wrong policies and relies more and more to natural resources.

Again government can regulate and change the outcome of a lot of things. As a person who really cared about BC Forests, I have seen no agenda or caring and since I have been directly involved with it, I know that Canada lacks management in enviornment. For instancne, according to Kyoto agreement, Canada should maintain the green gas by certain amount by 2020. This country is not even close in this regards. Go read about it online.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_...Kyoto_Protocol
    I can write pages and pages of lack of planning by government for environment in this country. I still believe we can change things and I try to work to achieve some even small goals in this regard.
    At the end of the game, we can do so much better and can balance between environmental issues and economy and achieve both. But companies like Embridge only care about their pocket and not Canadians.
    Also as a first world country, our role model shouldn't be Brazil and India. Countries like Canada can set a standard high and promote these standards rather than following the wrong trends. This country is capable of that.
    Last edited by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter; 09-07-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your post but I need to mention few things.
    [1] I live in BC and have been associated with the department of the fishery and ocean, which have done immense studies in the last decade indicating how horrible the pipeline is for the fish habitat and it will destroy a lot of habitat. As a person who has worked in the Canadian Forestry as well, I tell you that the environmental studies is hugely lacking in Canada specially in BC. It is very simple, the Canadian Forestry lies about the fact that they do good job in replacing the forrest that they harvest which in fact is nothing more than a lie. Go with Google Earth and you see the huge holes that gets bigger every year and it is not replaced. Furthermore, the government almost eliminate the research part of the BC government to pursue its agenda in the pipeline. A company like Embridge only care about money not the environment, never forget that.

[2] The government can do a lot to prevent Chinese destroy Canadian economy but they don't. This is due to lack of planning in this country. You talk about to Chinese buying Vancouver properties, just set a law that doesn't allow foreign investment in housing. Or set a law that a foreigner can buy a property less than certain amount. Done.
    Promote money for small businesses. Canada is becoming less industrialized every year due to wrong policies and relies more and more to natural resources.

Again government can regulate and change the outcome of a lot of things. As a person who really cared about BC Forests, I have seen no agenda or caring and since I have been directly involved with it, I know that Canada lacks management in enviornment. For instancne, according to Kyoto agreement, Canada should maintain the green gas by certain amount by 2020. This country is not even close in this regards. Go read about it online.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_...Kyoto_Protocol
    I can write pages and pages of lack of planning by government for environment in this country. I still believe we can change things and I try to work to achieve some even small goals in this regard.
    At the end of the game, we can do so much better and can balance between environmental issues and economy and achieve both. But companies like Embridge only care about their pocket and not Canadians.
    Thanks For your great respond. I am not in the environment expert but as I said, I do care about our environment and I think we should have regulation that helps with preservation. Let me ask you few questions that I am sure you know the answer and will help me learn a thing or two here.

1) Is China, India or Brazil part of the Kyoto agreement and where are there in terms of their green gas in comparison to Canada ?

2) Lets say we do our parts as a nation in Canada, what kind of cost are we looking at ?

3) How would the in action of countries like China, Brazil and India , counter our efforts in Canada in the global scale?

4) Which countries are right now the leader in their environmental preservation ?

As far as the 2 point that you made, I am all for it but I really like to start with point 2. At this moment, If I am going to spend energy on an issue and make that my priority , it would be limitation of import and export to China and countries like China which do not respect environment AT ALL. That is what I want from my government.