Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deerouz View Post
    Labor may have left North America, but the products that are built in China and Asia are owned by American and Canadian companies and the profits are mostly coming back to North America. Who do you think makes the bigger bucks from iPhone and iPad sales? Foxconn or Apple?

The industry in Canada is still strong and the high tech sector is doing very well lately. Canada lost some high paying technology jobs but to the US, not to Asia. The reason was the rise of the Canadian dollar versus US dollar (from 60 cents in 2003 to 105 last year). If the US dollar value strengthens, some of those jobs will move back to Canada.
    High tech sector is doing very well lately ?? Are you sure about this deerouz jan ? What kind of high tech are you talking about ? I have friends in IT and I have friends in GPS/ INS navigation in Calgary who are telling me about massive lay offs and lack of high paying jobs.

I also have friends in mechanical engineering and manufacturing engineering in Ontario who are telling me about lay offs and lack of high paying jobs.

I also know few engineers who just graduated and had to wait almost 12-18 month to land their first jobs that pays them 42 k a year ... yup, ONLY 42 k.

I also know few guys in Edmonton who are in consulting for oil and gas companies for pipelines and ... they all talk about the lay offs and canceled projects in that region due to drop of oil prices.

I don't know what the officials numbers are from government canada but who ever I talk to you is not very happy and does not paint a rosy picture. This is why I was wondering which kind of high tech are you talking about since I know you are an engineer yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deerouz View Post
    Labor may have left North America, but the products that are built in China and Asia are owned by American and Canadian companies and the profits are mostly coming back to North America. Who do you think makes the bigger bucks from iPhone and iPad sales? Foxconn or Apple?

The industry in Canada is still strong and the high tech sector is doing very well lately. Canada lost some high paying technology jobs but to the US, not to Asia. The reason was the rise of the Canadian dollar versus US dollar (from 60 cents in 2003 to 105 last year). If the US dollar value strengthens, some of those jobs will move back to Canada.
    Of course the profit comes back here but not into people's pocket but into rich investors as rich gets richer and poor getting poorer. Also what you fail to say is many of them rather to keep their money in some other foreign banks so they don't end up paying taxes. Where do you think most of jobs from Canada that came in US went? yest mostly to China, and other Asian nations. Most of high tech industries in North America is Military related and many other technical jobs left both countries and what replaced it is low wage jobs.
    And recent trends shows US Dollars have been the strongest recently and all has some reasons, however all Central Banks are printing paper insanely and keeping their interests at its lowest which US dollars have been the strongest compare to other currencies but still at its weakest point which suggest the whole Fiat Currencies is in the verge of collapse.
    The economy of corporations is fabulous as economy of the country is disastrous !
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    Of course the profit comes back here but not into people's pocket but into rich investors as rich gets richer and poor getting poorer.
    You are a walking talking point. Could you name a scenario that rich get poor?

Also what you fail to say is many of them rather to keep their money in some other foreign banks so they don't end up paying taxes.
    You are liable for taxes no matter where you put your money. Put it under your mattress if you want.
    They can again be what they once were

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by khodam View Post
    byebye jan, it's actually the opposite. If you make polluters pay based on the damage they cause to the environment and public health, then you are indirectly putting cleaner technologies at an economic advantage, hence encouraging development of cleaner technologies. It's just that you let the market dictate that instead of imposing it through regulations. A good example of this is the development of hybrid technology by the automative industry which was, at least in part, an answer to increasing gas prices. By the same token, if "pollution" becomes more expensive, cleaner technologies will be developed due to market forces. This is the underlying idea of cap and trade, though cap and trade does not take into account the damage caused by pollution, but just the cost of reducing it to a cap level. The problem is that for many environmental issues, the damage is at least few times (and in many cases an order of magnitude) larger than the cost of reducing the pollution.
    I know what you saying but I'm afraid this is too late in order for this system to reform itself. Hybrid technology is not anything new, we had it for decades now but suddenly became under attention recently. We have technologies to replace the fuel fossil energies as the whole but unfortunately our energy companies are powerful corporations that getting rid of them won't be easy in any means. Obama has been some what much better than previous presidents in this issue however I'm afraid to say what he has done is only 5% of what it has to be done and that just tells you about previous policies. I'm worried about Natural Gas has become the solution of replacing Coal plants while it is much cleaner in emission but it is as destructive in extracting it since it expose methane and also I'm afraid the focus has became fracking instead of more greener technologies such as solar power or wind turbines, ect...
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    You are a walking talking point. Could you name a scenario that rich get poor?.
    Rich getting poor ? when did I said that?

You are liable for taxes no matter where you put your money. Put it under your mattress if you want.
    just look into Apple tax evasion scenario, I mean these are all accessible resources for anybody out there who wants to know and search about it, I don't have to name every crime here to convince people of what's happening.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    here is nice documentary done by favorite radio host about money in politics.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...sky-big-money/

Post Thanks / Like
    برگردیم سر اصل مطلب. اصلا امنیت یعنی*** چی***؟ امنیت فقط فیزیکی*** نیست، اقتصادی هم هست. در کشوری که شب می***خوابی صبح همه چیز گرون شده امنیت وجود نداره. وقتی*** پولت روز به روز بی*** ارزش می***شه و زندگی*** سخت تر، امنیت نیست.

حالا بیا به باز کننده این ترد این رو بفهمون. یعنی*** به یک میمون راحت تر میتونی*** بفهمونی.
    Just trying this out. Testing....testing.... 1 2 3 4 .... 1 2 3 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich getting poor ? when did I said that?
    You clearly want that to happen because you are bemoaning that rich are getting richer. I am asking you how do you make rich people poor.

Post Thanks / Like
    You clearly want that to happen because you are bemoaning that rich are getting richer. I am asking you how do you make rich people poor.
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are saying here! And it is not very important for me anyway! people know what I said and what I meant, I don't like to twist things for complication that will cause in confusion!
    There are enough stats to show the gap has got larger between rich and poor and that is the fact, now I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your posts!
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    There are enough stats to show the gap has got larger between rich and poor and that is the fact, now I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your posts!
    And I am asking you how do you propose the rich to get poorer so the gap closes. Isn't that what you want? Unless you are suggesting that we should make the poor rich. Of course, as soon as they become rich, you would want to make them poor again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    برگردیم سر اصل مطلب. اصلا امنیت یعنی*** چی***؟ امنیت فقط فیزیکی*** نیست، اقتصادی هم هست. در کشوری که شب می***خوابی صبح همه چیز گرون شده امنیت وجود نداره. وقتی*** پولت روز به روز بی*** ارزش می***شه و زندگی*** سخت تر، امنیت نیست.

حالا بیا به باز کننده این ترد این رو بفهمون. یعنی*** به یک میمون راحت تر میتونی*** بفهمونی.
    there is no arguments in your argument but most of the economic problems are the bankers and politicians fault at the top of the pyramid! Now this doesn't mean in order to make jobs is to make jobs that will destroy our planet and do things that will cause unsafe environment for citizens!
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    And I am asking you how do you propose the rich to get poorer so the gap closes. Isn't that what you want? Unless you are suggesting that we should make the poor rich. Of course, as soon as they become rich, you would want to make them poor again.
    You clearly lack understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying anybody become poor or rich. Clearly you want the gap shrink. How to shrink the gap is very clear. If the government start working for people rather than corporations and wall street then we might have a chance to close down the gap!
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    If the government start working for people rather than corporations and wall street then we might have a chance to close down the gap!
    Dang, why didn't I think of that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post

جناب بهروز، باز کنندهٔ این ترد که خودشو به کوچه علی*** چپ می***زنه و میگه فارسی بلد نیستم،این***ها مسائلی*** براش نیست.
    از ده سال پیش ، و بعد از به قتل رسیدن زیبا کاظمی، و مواضع دولت کانادا در اعتراض به نقص واضح حقوق بشر در ایران، ضدیت هیستریک با کانادا و کانادایی پیدا کرده....
    این بیماری را در مورد مابقی کشورهایی که مواضع خلاف جهت موضع جمهوری اسلامی دارند از قبیل ترکیه و غیر هم می***توان از پست***های این بشر دید..........بقیه حرف ها، اقتصاد،***های تک***،لوو تک***، لوله نفتی پشیزی در این بحث نیست.......
    گر بود لفظت کج و معنيت راست
    آن کجى لفظ مقبول خداست

ور بود معنى کج و لفظت نکو
    آن نکويى لفظ نرزد يک تسو

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, why didn't I think of that?
    Who runs the corporations and Wall Street? Apparently a different species closely related to humans but definitely not the people. Just the crap you read on the Internet these days.
    Khoda ke faghat motealegh be Perspolisi ha nist. Khoda khodaye Esteghlaliha ham hast. Va faghat khodast ke beyne team khob va bad farghi nemigozarad!