Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think all brokers have it. Schwab has it under research.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought some Boulder brands at 7.93. Not for the nervous nellis. I have bought & sold it a few times. It was recently at 18. BDBD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    I just bought some Boulder brands at 7.93. Not for the nervous nellis. I have bought & sold it a few times. It was recently at 18. BDBD
    Nice call! Up 7% in just a day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Nice call! Up 7% in just a day
    They will be bought by one of the big boys one day but for now it is a good rolling stock. I wouldn't be surprised if it reached 12 by the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would likely slash my Apple holding in Half if it gets to 125.

That would be 25% over the previous September 2012 all time high.

Apple announced a 90 billion stock buy back a while back. that should in theory push up the price 15% absent other variables.
    another 10% on top of that and I think it would be an appropriate exit point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    I would likely slash my Apple holding in Half if it gets to 125.

That would be 25% over the previous September 2012 all time high.

Apple announced a 90 billion stock buy back a while back. that should in theory push up the price 15% absent other variables.
    another 10% on top of that and I think it would be an appropriate exit point.
    The case for keeping Apple is about the cash they hold. In theory, any new innovation in the market (which will definitely not come from Apple) has a chance of getting easily scooped up by Apple's cash. There's just something about that amount of money that will keep Apple's monopoly strong regardless of how 'innovative' they are. In my opinion, they're far from an innovative company, but beside Google, they're the only company capable of making things 'happen' on a grand scale.

Btw, Having witnessed their total collapse as a company in early 90s when I was a kid (I used to love the few early Macs that made it to Iran), I never found the courage to buy Apple as an individual stock. I have some ETFs and funds heavily vested in Apple, but don't own their stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    if we go recession.
    I will blindly buy all the rails. They basically have monopoly and guaranteed position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    I chickened out & sold at $8.98. I figured with this rally today, soonthere might be profit taking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help but take a look at RIG.

deep sea exploration is likely still the future. Shale oil Fields reportedly become unproductive very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    I can't help but take a look at RIG.

deep sea exploration is likely still the future. Shale oil Fields reportedly become unproductive very quickly.
    Shale fields will either have to get bailed out via artificial high oil prices or they will go bust. I know of some online investors discussing whether they should be heavily shorting shale stocks. I'm not a shorter, but these guys sound so convincing, I'm thinking maybe they're onto something.

RIG does look like a good buy. It's near its 52 week low and has a 10% yield. Not bad.

You got me interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gold starting to look tempting at $1172.

Post Thanks / Like
    The real problem with gold is it is almost entirely physiological.

at least silver, copper, titanium have plenty of industrial uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    common AAPL get up to 125 so I can unload you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i am no expert but 5 years ago i started to invest and buy shares of little canadian oil and derailing companies. After 5 years hanooz yer be yerim, no significant loss or win. How is the outlook, any ideas? Because i am pretty much a rookie in this field.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are a rookie.get away form individual stocks.

at any time a scandal can happen. they can lose market share.

It also depends on your time horizon.

either buy S&P 500 index (or the EU ones). or sector indexes. stay away form Chinese indexes

for instance XLF is and ETF that contains financial companies.

buy in increments. and forget about it for a few years.

Let's say you have a retirement account that you contribute $5000 to annually.

every six month take $2500 and buy some index. then your money for the most part stays where the market is
    in the long-term.

but none of this works if you are about to retire say 5 years from now.

16. Likes Chinaski liked this post