Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    TM,
    when you are paying student loans backs keep in mind Obama Administration relief provisions.
    That is you only have to pay a maximum of 15% of your income above 16,000.
    http://www.bankrate.com/finance/coll...nt-loan-1.aspx

but you should never stop paying student loans because it is not a debt that can be erased.
    It will follow you into retirement and even death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    What do you mean Cuba is up 35% do you mean Cuba's GDP, currency, stock market(do they have one) what? Well it's about time our two countries got along. Congrats on your stock doing well.

@BT is right you are crazy not to take advantage but if you have other obligations first, like saving two years of your annual salary, then you are going to need to be patient. I used to be impatient back in the day but the Navy quickly changed that the joke is hurry up and wait so you learn patience. Again if you have the funds to do so take advantage but live within your means and have back up money just in case. Personally, until I have two years of my annual salary saved up and 3 years of law school saved up, I'm not investing in $hit except for the few properties in LV I have. It's so dirt cheap but you still gain revenue. Again my dad hooked it up fat 100,000 for a 160,000 town house but I also got another condo with his help(he has a very high credit report so better deals) for 80K 3 bedroom in Summerlin and that recently got appraised for 100,000. Last but not least, thank goodness my Town House went up because I got worried I bought it for 450(through the VA loan) but I put a huge portion down so it's already paid off(again family help) We did some handy work and spruced up the kitchen and bathroom with the help of a good Armenian buddy of mine and that house got appraised for 700 recently. However, this is on paper and I am going to save all of that for a rainy day because when you have been THROUGH THE RINGER and LAID OFF FOR TWO YEARS, that changes you and you become MUCH MORE CONSERVATIVE.

I'm sure everyone here at one point experienced being laid off. It is not a good feeling isn't it guys? Especially for those of us who have graduate degrees and military experience because you begin to really doubt your own abilities. Anyways your experiences and socioeconomic background shape how you think and since I am not uber Persian rich and just well off, I think differently than most spoiled brats here in LA. Remember I had to work on a $1200 a month budget when I started in the Navy and I had to pay $700 just for uniforms. I still act like I am a 2nd class petty officer in the Navy (in terms of finances we are talking not pretending I'm still in and walking around town in my uniform)
    CUBA is a fund invested in the Caribbean countries.
    Fund Strategy:
    To achieve long-term capital appreciation, investing primarily in equity and equity-linked securities in the Caribbean Basin countries, which consist of Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Barbados, Aruba, Haiti, the Netherlands Antilles, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and Venezuela. The Fund invests at least 80% of its total assets in a broad range of securities of issuers including U.S. based companies, whose securities are traded principally on a stock exchange in a Caribbean Basin Country; or have at least 50% of the value of their assets in a Caribbean Basin Country; or that derive at least 50% of their total revenue from operations in a Caribbean Basin Country.

3. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    finally the madness with cuba is over.
    hopeful the travel ban would be lifted by congress as well.
    Just go with your Iranian passport. That is what my fiends did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Just go with your Iranian passport. That is what my fiends did.
    I am not really into travel into Cuba. There are plenty of places that have gone unexplored for me.
    It is just good to see a policy that has been ineffective for sixty years is finally being reconsidered.
    by the way Obama has not lifted the travel ban yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    T. Boone Pickens predicts oil will be back at $100 within 12 to 18 months.
    DVN with a nice 8% pop.

Post Thanks / Like
    he is well known to shamelessly talk his book.

This is a demand story. It mostly depends on the economies of Japan, Brazil, Argentina, India, Indonesia, Malaysia,China.

right now places outside U.S and Canada are stuck in a funk (relative to where they are)
    Last edited by Zob Ahan; 17-12-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    he is well known to shamelessly talk his book.

This is a demand story. It mostly depends on the economies of Japan, Brazil, Argentina, India, Indonesia, Malaysia,China.

right now places outside U.S and Canada are stuck in a funk (relative to where they are)

Sooner or later the OPEC countries will play with supply to balance their budgets.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe for even a minute that oil is a story of supply and demand. It's a completely rigged scenario just like Gold. Supply and demand don't apply to oil, diamonds, gold and a few other things.

Neither the actual demand nor the predicted demand for oil have changed by even 5% in the past 6 months. Supply has been fairly steady as well. The drop in oil is almost purely manufactured.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    You Americans have been missing out on one hell of a travel destination for decades. Cuba is a wonderful place.
    Funny you say that. One of the rallying cries of Castro against Batista was that he had turned Cuba into the playground for the Americans. Some leftists at the time, living comfortably in America, went even further and called Cuba America’s whore house. The new Castro is celebrating their return. This all goes to show that Americans were not the problem. Who gets their dollars was.
    They can again be what they once were

Post Thanks / Like
    Sooner or later the OPEC countries will play with supply to balance their budgets.
    OPEC only produces 27%-30% of the world output. eventually an geopolitical crisis will occur
    demand will go a bit higher and prices will move back up to probably 75ish in the next 1.5 years.

but it may take years before it goes up to 130 again.

Post Thanks / Like
    OPEC only produces 27%-30% of the world output. eventually an geopolitical crisis will occur
    demand will go a bit higher and prices will move back up to probably 75ish in the next 1.5 years.

but it may take years before it goes up to 130 again.
    Russia and Iran are not that passive. They can and will create enough chaos to push oil up. There's a sizable business interest in both USA and Canada that will fully support them on this too. Heck, some banks are in on it as well because they want those shale oil debts paid back.

Post Thanks / Like
    TM this is a good video to listen to.
    it is form back in 70s.
    but it covers a lot of fundamentals based on academic papers.

“It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”

14. Likes aliG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    CUBA is a fund invested in the Caribbean countries.
    Fund Strategy:
    To achieve long-term capital appreciation, investing primarily in equity and equity-linked securities in the Caribbean Basin countries, which consist of Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Barbados, Aruba, Haiti, the Netherlands Antilles, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and Venezuela. The Fund invests at least 80% of its total assets in a broad range of securities of issuers including U.S. based companies, whose securities are traded principally on a stock exchange in a Caribbean Basin Country; or have at least 50% of the value of their assets in a Caribbean Basin Country; or that derive at least 50% of their total revenue from operations in a Caribbean Basin Country.
    Thank's bro I didn't know that I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    TM this is a good video to listen to.
    it is form back in 70s.
    but it covers a lot of fundamentals based on academic papers.

dadash great video. you should check out his books one up on wall street and beating the street.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great day to pick up GILD. earnings were out yesterday & per share & t pasthey blew out forecasts and revenue estimates by more than half a billion dollars.
    Why is it down today 8%? Because they are discounting their blockbuster drug Sovaldi. Merck & the others are down too. I had the stock & just bought more.
    $98 and change