Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1098
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    41,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Benitez officialy signed three years contract

    Good Luck to him

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    41,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Rafa Benítez was unable to keep his emotions in check on being unveiled as the new Real Madrid coach.
    In a short speech at a ceremony in the presidential box at the Bernabéu, a teary-eyed Benítez highlighted how much the opportunity meant to him: "Today is an emotional day, coming back here, to my home. I hope that things go well, we win trophies, the team play well and I can repay the faith that has been shown in me through my work".
    Later, in the press room, Benítez dropped the first hints about how he would approach the job. "We have a great squad, with great players. That's why, rather than talking about style, what's important is to play as well as possible and to have a clear idea of what we want to do", he noted. "This team have to compete, play good football and win. We can discuss a lot of options in terms of the system, but it's clear that with such a talented team, we have to attack and score goals", he went on.
    "This is without doubt the most talented squad I've had at my disposal throughout my career. I like Real Madrid teams to play well and win. I hope ours will be like that", Benítez added.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    41,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    .
    .
    .
    .
    Florentino Pérez presented Rafa Benítez as Real Madrid's new coach in the Bernabéu's presidential box.
    "Today we begin a new era and we do so convinced that it will be for the best. That's why the new coach is here today. Welcome Rafa Benítez", the 'Los Blancos' president said.
    Florentino insisted that Benítez's appointment would make the club "stronger": "History has shown us that nothing is ever enough. We are beginning a new era and we do so fully convinced that the arrival of the new coach will make us stronger", he stated during his welcome speech.
    Benítez has signed a three-year deal to take over from Carlo Ancelotti and become Real Madrid's tenth manager in the 12 years that Pérez has spent at the helm of the club, split across two spells. "He's a man who has lived and breathed football, professionalism and 'Madridismo' since he was a kid. He dreamed of this moment and now it has come. His name is synonymous with hard work, excitement and effort", the president continued.
    Pérez went on to call Benítez "one of the best coaches in the world" and "Real Madrid through and through". He remarked on the Madrid-born tactician's meticulous methods and reminded everyone that the 55-year-old had joined the club at the age of 13 and learned his trade "as a player and a coach" there.
    "There is no one better than you when it comes to knowing what this badge, this shirt and this stadium symbolise. We want even more because at this club we reject complacency. We are starting a new era with you; welcome home", Florentino added, addressing Benítez directly and making it crystal clear that the club demands success.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the best to him. I have a feeling he will be successful despite all the negative comments about him and his track record.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! And the salesmanship continues!


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    41,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    LOL! And the salesmanship continues!
    I am such an impression that you are writing his biography for being so sure about his failure
    .
    .
    .
    baba as a friend said Carlo's last notable achievement before coming here was winning PL in 2010. He hadn't got past CL QFs since 2007 and lost Ligue 1 title to modest Montpellier in his first season. Don't forget they were at the top when he was appointed. Had to win Ligue 1 next year with a far superior squad that had Ibra, Silva etc. Again showed patchy form in the business end of the season which continued in Madrid. So not really different from Benitez who won league titles with Valencia, CL with Liverpool and made them contenders in 2009. After that, it hasn't been great for him, but just like Carlo, this will be the best squad he's ever had.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not solely about achievements dude (not that Rafa is an achiever anyway!), but the whole idea of a club as big as RM being managed by someone like him is just laughable.

    And then you have to consider what Madrid was trying to 'fix' by replacing Ancelotti. They were trying to simply overcome a few points of league difference. Rafa at best, will need 3 years to get Madrid to where they are today!

    Half a season man. Half a season.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    41,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    It's not solely about achievements dude (not that Rafa is an achiever anyway!), but the whole idea of a club as big as RM being managed by someone like him is just laughable.

    And then you have to consider what Madrid was trying to 'fix' by replacing Ancelotti. They were trying to simply overcome a few points of league difference. Rafa at best, will need 3 years to get Madrid to where they are today!

    Half a season man. Half a season.
    Bro Carlo and Rafa are in the same boat when it's coming to win the leagues ... As I said no point from going to Carlo to Rafa maybe ie even a downgrade but gain you guys are making a Ranieri out of him ....

    If CQ or Luxemburgo or even Camacho could be the coach of the club then why not him ...

    again and again and again , I can't even guess how would he end up in few months but as a Madridista and with what he has on his resume then he deserves his chances ....

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am tempted to compare his resume to LE before coming to Barca, but then I remember that LE has Messi who can make any coach look good ! ��

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Bro Carlo and Rafa are in the same boat when it's coming to win the leagues ...
    Not even close!
    Benitez:
    Valencia 2001-2002; 1st
    2002-2003; 5th
    2003-2004; 1st
    Liverpool 2004-2005;5th
    2005-2006;3rd
    2006-2007;3rd
    2007-2008;4th
    2008-2009;2nd
    2009-2010;7th
    Inter 2010-2011;5th (fired after few months)
    Chelsea 2012-2013;4th (took over from 4th spot)

    Napoli 2013-2014;3rd
    2014-2015;5th

    Ancelotti:
    Parma
    1996-1997;
    2nd
    1997-1998;6th
    Juventus 1999-2000;2nd
    2000-2001;2nd
    Milan 2001-2002;4th
    2002-2003;3rd
    2003-2004;1st
    2004-2005;2nd
    2005-2006;2nd
    2006-2007;4th
    2007-2008;
    5th
    2008-2009; 3rd
    Chesea
    2009-2010;
    1st
    2010-2011;2nd
    PSG
    2011-2012;
    2nd (Took over from 1st spot)
    2012-2013;
    1st
    Real 2013-2014;2nd
    2014-2015;2nd
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    I am such an impression that you are writing his biography for being so sure about his failure
    .
    .
    .
    baba as a friend said Carlo's last notable achievement before coming here was winning PL in 2010. He hadn't got past CL QFs since 2007 and lost Ligue 1 title to modest Montpellier in his first season. Don't forget they were at the top when he was appointed. Had to win Ligue 1 next year with a far superior squad that had Ibra, Silva etc. Again showed patchy form in the business end of the season which continued in Madrid. So not really different from Benitez who won league titles with Valencia, CL with Liverpool and made them contenders in 2009. After that, it hasn't been great for him, but just like Carlo, this will be the best squad he's ever had.
    Then when is last Benitez achievement? CL trophy back in 2005? Don't tell me the Europa League with Chelsea which his team was superior than other teams in the tournament and got the lucky win against Benfica in the final.
    Ancelotti first year in PSG was only half season and when he took over the competition between Montpellier, PSG and Lille was very tight from start to the end. Before Carlo PSG was 2nd most of the time and only the last match before Carlo they became first. Plus both Lille and Montpellier were good teams with players such as Hazard and Cabay in Lille and Giroud and Yanga-Mbiwa in Montpellier. PSG lacked goal scorer that year and with players such as Menez, Pastore, and Nene who were great playmakers but lacked that goal scorer such as Giroud or Hazard.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    I but just like Carlo, this will be the best squad he's ever had.
    Maybe not as best but close enough that mid 2000's Milan team which was a very good team, it didn't have Ronaldo but had such as Kaka, Shevchenko, Maldini, Crespo, Rui Costa, Cafu, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Nesta, ect...
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    41,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    Not even close!
    Benitez:
    Valencia 2001-2002; 1st
    2002-2003; 5th
    2003-2004; 1st
    Liverpool 2004-2005;5th
    2005-2006;3rd
    2006-2007;3rd
    2007-2008;4th
    2008-2009;2nd
    2009-2010;7th
    Inter 2010-2011;5th (fired after few months)
    Chelsea 2012-2013;4th (took over from 4th spot)

    Napoli 2013-2014;3rd
    2014-2015;5th

    Ancelotti:
    Parma
    1996-1997;
    2nd
    1997-1998;6th
    Juventus 1999-2000;2nd
    2000-2001;2nd
    Milan 2001-2002;4th
    2002-2003;3rd
    2003-2004;1st
    2004-2005;2nd
    2005-2006;2nd
    2006-2007;4th
    2007-2008;
    5th
    2008-2009; 3rd
    Chesea
    2009-2010;
    1st
    2010-2011;2nd
    PSG
    2011-2012;
    2nd (Took over from 1st spot)
    2012-2013;
    1st
    Real 2013-2014;2nd
    2014-2015;2nd
    Perfect and you realize he has started coaching in 1996 not 2001 .. forget about the 2nd or 3rd , talk to me about league title 2 vs 3 so 3 league title in 20 years ... Well then I should take Jose over Carlo at any time .... but I don't . I don't underestimate Carlo's achievements but I believe in two things ... his weakness is to win league matches and you cant win CL every year . secondly dude he wouldn't make any difference if he stayed one more year because he believe in what he is doing ... Now because you're a Juve fan and you like Italian coaches and like to defend blindly then I rest my case .

    you guys hate Rafa more than we like Carlo and that's strange ....

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Wow dude , wow now you really got me thinking
    there is a first time for everything bro, don't mention it
    “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
    Omar Khayyam 1048-1131

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Perfect and you realize he has started coaching in 1996 not 2001 .. forget about the 2nd or 3rd , talk to me about league title 2 vs 3 so 3 league title in 20 years ... Well then I should take Jose over Carlo at any time .... but I don't . I don't underestimate Carlo's achievements but I believe in two things ... his weakness is to win league matches and you cant win CL every year . secondly dude he wouldn't make any difference if he stayed one more year because he believe in what he is doing ... Now because you're a Juve fan and you like Italian coaches and like to defend blindly then I rest my case .

    you guys hate Rafa more than we like Carlo and that's strange ....
    How did you came up with your last argument? What does Juve fan has to do with defending Calro? As far as I know he did much worse in Juventus than in Madrid. I'm not defending Carlo I'm showing you the reality of Carlo's level to Rafa's level. You are talking about winning trophy is everything then first you need to be able to challenge for the title to be able to win it Carlo maybe hasn't won many title but has definitely been challenging for the title in majority of his coaching career unlike Rafa who has done it only on few occasion. Carlo is the guy who found Pirlo's ability and maximized it. He is the one who won two CL with Milan and won the tenth one for Real after 13 years. He won the EPL on his first try something Benitez was not able to do spending six seasons there with arguably one of the best European team with such as Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard in Midfield. His only success was really the Cl win of 2005 and his spell with Valencia which he took over after a very successful years of Hector Cuper who made two CL final back to back. I'm not even going to start with Benitez spell in Italy which the only word for it is disastrous and can not be compared to Ancelotti's spell in Italy.
    Also next time you call someone bias please,look in the mirror and see how you RM fan defending a Spanish coach is not bias
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •