Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its your decision not mine pal. My experience with iranians tells me they are no people of principals so most of them would keep insulting the regime and still fly with IranAir although we all know where that money is gonna go to

If you dont mind the system, take the IranAir, it will probably be cheaper and its gonna be a direct flight i guess. I for my one will keep flying foreign airlines although its a little more expensive and indirect too. I have taken Turkish, Air France and Lufthansa for the flight to Tehran and never had a problem with neither of them.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
    --- Ayn Rand"

2. Likes Zed e' Engelab liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehol Beddict View Post
    Its your decision not mine pal. My experience with iranians tells me they are no people of principals so most of them would keep insulting the regime and still fly with IranAir although we all know where that money is gonna go to

If you dont mind the system, take the IranAir, it will probably be cheaper and its gonna be a direct flight i guess. I for my one will keep flying foreign airlines although its a little more expensive and indirect too. I have taken Turkish, Air France and Lufthansa for the flight to Tehran and never had a problem with neither of them.
    I have taken Iran Air in the past and have traveled with Turkish as well. I have heard of number complaints from Iranian passengers taking turkish airlines anywhere from losing their luggage, items being stolen from their bags... You are probably right, being Iran Air an airline run by the gov't... you are after all putting money in their pocket if you fly with them. However, flying with other airlines does not guarantee honesty either... Airlines, perhaps with the exception of Iran Air other few, are corporation seeking profit. They will do whatever possible to maximize their profit. Therefore, honesty is out the window. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is not much of a difference by putting money in the private organizations' pockets or Iran Air.
    It is nice to be married.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fly Turkish to Iran. Twice they have damaged my suitcase beyond repair. Complaints have met with excuses.
    I have no idea what the baggage handlers do to cause so much damage.

Anyway, I still prefer Turkish to IranAir. At least when you ask for a glass of water they give it to you! And they don'tr serve you dinner with resentment.
    Just trying this out. Testing....testing.... 1 2 3 4 .... 1 2 3 4

5. Likes Tehol Beddict liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of my Turkish flights went smoothly, i only had once case as they couldnt find one piece of my luggage so i went to their office at the airport and had to fill out a formular and application but fortunately they brought that baggage to my house 2 days later. Otherwise, i actually enjoy flying turkish, i understand the crew, they are friendly their fleet is a young fleet, last time i flew a brand new airbus and their landings are smoother than Lufthansa with all their so called greatness. Air France has been absolutely ok too. To me Lufthansas service can not keep up with their excellent reputation. I have never been impressed and the food on turkish is way better too.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
    --- Ayn Rand"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahin2000 View Post
    They will do whatever possible to maximize their profit. Therefore, honesty is out the window. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is not much of a difference by putting money in the private organizations' pockets or Iran Air.
    Well from the Iranian perspective there is a huge difference here. Those other non iranian airlines are not involved in milking iranian people. I have no problem with them trying to make profit. After all there is no point flying people all around the world for free and without making profit but their profit doesnt go into iranian regimes pockets.
    --- Ayn Rand"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahin2000 View Post
    I have taken Iran Air in the past and have traveled with Turkish as well. I have heard of number complaints from Iranian passengers taking turkish airlines anywhere from losing their luggage, items being stolen from their bags... You are probably right, being Iran Air an airline run by the gov't... you are after all putting money in their pocket if you fly with them. However, flying with other airlines does not guarantee honesty either... Airlines, perhaps with the exception of Iran Air other few, are corporation seeking profit. They will do whatever possible to maximize their profit. Therefore, honesty is out the window. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is not much of a difference by putting money in the private organizations' pockets or Iran Air.
    Iran air has not made any profits in years ,so whatever money you spend on tickets with them helps them lose less money , it is the government bail out that has kept it it going without going bankrupt .

Maintaining and keeping 30 plus years old planes in the air cost a lot of money ,also not having enough planes to fly ,apart from that they have the technical and tactical know how and expertise ,once they get their new planes they will start getting their well deserved old place back among top airlines .

9. Likes Behrooz_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    once they get their new planes they will start getting their well deserved old place back among top airlines .
    and I think that's what they plan too! It shows not only from the number of the planes they've ordered, but also from the types.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, thats even more like it!
    Iran has invited U.S. plane manufacturer Boeing for talks on modernizing its fleet.

The Airbus deal alone for 73 long-haul and 45 medium-haul aircraft is worth between $10 and $11 billion.
    The planes worth as much as $25 billion at list prices, are to be delivered over the next four years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why Boeing Kept Its Iran Dealings Under the Radar?

As the world cashes in on an open Iran, the U.S. risks being late to the game.

"American trade with Iran is known to attract seething headlines in both countries. A simple form on McDonald’s website about franchise opportunities in Iran last year prompted warnings of an impending cultural invasion of the country in the Iranian right-wing media. Similarly, US companies risk the wrath of special interest groups devoted to inflicting reputational damage because of trade with Iran. Halliburton and Hewlett-Packard are prominent examples of companies that have been attacked in the American media for previous legal business relations with Iran."

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God, Boeing is there to start a negotiation, at least to conduct a conversation.
    I mean I rather see boeing flying there instead if Airbus all the way.

Boeing Co. has opened talks to sell airliners to Iran in what would be one of the highest-profile deals between a U.S. company and Tehran since the West lifted nuclear sanctions on the country in January.

Boeing was granted a license by the U.S. in February to discuss the needs of Iran’s airlines. Neither Boeing nor Iran would identify what specific airplane models are under discussion, though an Iranian official said the country was eager to buy 737 single-aisle jets from the Chicago-based plane maker, as well as 777 long-range planes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iran and its airlines nearing tentative deal to buy 100 Boeing planes

Good news indeed and I hope it works, but this is kind of biased and speculative news, hard to oversee the fact imo, good news of course but Boeing may need to run the sale through an overseas subsidiary and use a currency other than $US in order to avoid running afoul of US laws.

And of course have in mind that american lawmakers have warned Boeing not to do business there as the Iran deal remains a hot topic in the ongoing presidential election.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I must have been the only that expressed serious doubt on why IranAir would possibly need A380.
    I raised this doubt in plenty of venues and now it seems IranAir executives have cold feet about A380!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-a-idUSKCN0ZD2LJ
    Last edited by ChaharMahal; 27-06-2016 at 11:19 PM.
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”

16. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^From the above article I still haven't gotten why exactly they would be in doubt?!

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    ^^From the above article I still haven't gotten why exactly they would be in doubt?!
    because A380 is hardly the right choice for big airlines. let alone iran a country that has basically zero airports designed for a super jumbo.
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”

Post Thanks / Like
    iran is going with mrj(mitsubishi regional jet) for it's domestic routes.
    they are in talks at the air show over in london as of this week where
    they had the test flight and demo of the new jet.it's a 70 seat jet.

20. Likes ChaharMahal liked this post