Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like iran did some creative financing to get the airbus
    deal done before the new u.s. president takes office.

Iran has reached a deal with a foreign leasing company to finance the first 17 jets it plans to buy from Airbus (AIR.PA), breaking a logjam in efforts to import aircraft following the lifting of sanctions, people familiar with the move said.

The deal removes a significant hurdle to securing the first tranche of jets, following uncertainty over financing and political opposition in the United States and Iran, though the sources caution months of talking have thrown up new potential hurdles.
    Iranian officials declined to name the lessor involved, but industry sources said in September that Iran was in advanced talks with the United Arab Emirates' Dubai Aerospace about helping to finance the purchase.
    "We have a deal to finance the first 17 aircraft," a senior Iranian official told Reuters, without elaborating.
    Dubai Aerospace and Airbus both declined to comment.

Under the deal, the leasing company would take over part of Iran's order for dozens of new jetliners and then lease them to the country's flag carrier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    Under the deal, the leasing company would take over part of Iran's order for dozens of new jetliners and then lease them to the country's flag carrier.
    So are we finally gonna lease them or own them?

I don't have a good feeling about UAE financers! Everything from football facilities and malls to airplanes is getting financed by them. Once up on a time we could argue Iranian money and financiers built up Dubai! Now they can claim the same about Iran!

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, this is such a cat and mouse game!!!

Now the congress have come up with yet another way to stop airplane sails to Iran! With Obama gone, it will certainly get carried out!

http://www.bbc.com/persian/iran-38020092

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    JCPOA has proven to be a rotten deal for Iran. No banks or insurance companies still do busiensses with Iran because they are afraid of U.S treasury slapping them with fines. the planes look like will not be sold to iran for foreseeable future.

Obama Administration swindled the Iranian government pretty good.
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”

Post Thanks / Like
    JCPOA has proven to be a rotten deal for Iran.
    I never understood why there was a "deal" in the first place? What was Iran's offering? To burn some centrifuges? That's it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    JCPOA has proven to be a rotten deal for Iran. No banks or insurance companies still do busiensses with Iran because they are afraid of U.S treasury slapping them with fines. the planes look like will not be sold to iran for foreseeable future.

Not if Hillary Clinton had gotten elected! Just like Obama, she would have vetoed what ever $h*t the congress came up with!

As the famous London coffee shop sign said:

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    Why IR need the air plane to begin with. thy all can ride Camel to go places.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care about politics ,but I do care about the safety of my compatriots ,my family ,your family ,people we love who use air travel to come and visit you and me .

These hypocrites who preach about human rights and question other countries lack of human rights have deprived 80 million Iranians from safe air travel for decades and now going back on the deal they have signed with so much publicity ...shameful ,disgusting ,criminal .

9. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Not if Hillary Clinton had gotten elected! Just like Obama, she would have vetoed what ever $h*t the congress came up with!

As the famous London coffee shop sign said:

Sly jan, no disrepct! but hillary Clinton is one of the dirtiest politicians that has ever walked the earth.
    as for her vetoing things or not . it would not have mattered a whole lot if the u.s treasury and u.s federal reserve push financial institutions aways form dealing with iran.

don't believe all the crap in cnn or nytimes. Hillary was even dirtier than bill. she was the embodiment of global elitism and opportunism.

11. Likes oghabealborz, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    I don't care about politics ,but I do care about the safety of my compatriots ,my family ,your family ,people we love who use air travel to come and visit you and me .

These hypocrites who preach about human rights and question other countries lack of human rights have deprived 80 million Iranians from safe air travel for decades and now going back on the deal they have signed with so much publicity ...shameful ,disgusting ,criminal .
    It is all about business. Iran does not have to buy planes. they can spend some extra money and lease planes.
    better yet iran should not buy planes. they should just build the airports and let foreign investment serve the iranian market. there is no strategic value in operating airliens. the value is in the aiports.

Iran should spend money in cargo rail transports.

13. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sly jan, no disrepct! but hillary Clinton is one of the dirtiest politicians that has ever walked the earth.
    as for her vetoing things or not . it would not have mattered a whole lot if the u.s treasury and u.s federal reserve push financial institutions aways form dealing with iran.

don't believe all the crap in cnn or nytimes. Hillary was even dirtier than bill. she was the embodiment of global elitism and opportunism.
    Charmahal jan, don't get me wrong! I never said Hilary was saint! She's probably the worst snake there is to find today! But seriously, the alternative was Trump! As far as Iran's aviation go, with Hilary there was a small chance. With Trump.... you can definitely say goodbye to any airplane sales to Iran for the next 4 years!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    they can spend some extra money and lease planes.
    If they can't buy planes, they can't lease them either!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    If they can't buy planes, they can't lease them either!
    There are a bunch of of A310 that Mahan and Homa are leasing.
    apparently they have to be 5 years old or something like that for them not to be covered by sanctions.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a bunch of of A310 that Mahan and Homa are leasing.
    apparently they have to be 5 years old or something like that for them not to be covered by sanctions.
    They should be older than that. but the whole idea of the U.S democrats not to sell airplanes to Iran (at least on the surface) is to prevent IRI using them to transport weapons to the region. If that's their official reason, I don't think they would let IRI lease them either!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    They should be older than that. but the whole idea of the U.S democrats not to sell airplanes to Iran (at least on the surface) is to prevent IRI using them to transport weapons to the region. If that's their official reason, I don't think they would let IRI lease them either!
    the whole weapons transport $hit is a farce. it is being pushed by these necon foundations like the ones khalaji and other Iranian sell-outs work for.
    If Iran wants to transport weapons. they would use the military's c-130 or illyushins or Antanovs.

banning plane sales is just way to exert pressure on the Iranian regime. There is no terrorism reason behind it. They are just trying to have the regime succumb to their demands based on pressure from the public.

so far though Iran has got away by letting foreign carriers serving Iran.

19. Likes Sly liked this post