Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 164
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    A321 is a very reasonable plane. I wonder options they elected to go with.

    Iran can actually get away with having no wide body planes and stick to A320x 737x line of planes.

    the range is enough to fly all the way from Tehran to most neighboring countries capitals. (exception of moscow,Dehli)
    I hear this particular plane and another one are of cancelled orders of another airline ,another 98 would be manufactured for Iran air , I think they do need some long range planes which is in their order books from both manufacturers to fly long distance specially to Canada and the possibly USA in the near future and not to forget far east and maybe down under too .

  2. Likes Sly liked this post
  3. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    I hear this particular plane and another one are of cancelled orders of another airline ,another 98 would be manufactured for Iran air , I think they do need some long range planes which is in their order books from both manufacturers to fly long distance specially to Canada and the possibly USA in the near future and not to forget far east and maybe down under too .
    I agree with you about that! Unfortunately though, they have cancelled the big A380 order. I guess they gave up on the idea of upgrading the airports for it any time soon. Boeing 747s are still in their order though.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  4. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today at 2:30 pm (Iran's time), it will enter Iran:

    http://www.bbc.com/persian/iran-38582751

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  5. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I agree with you about that! Unfortunately though, they have cancelled the big A380 order. I guess they gave up on the idea of upgrading the airports for it any time soon. Boeing 747s are still in their order though.
    That is not a big deal for Iran , Boeing 777 and A350 will be sufficient for long range .

  6. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    That is not a big deal for Iran , Boeing 777 and A350 will be sufficient for long range .
    They have ordered only 30 777s and 16 A350s. 146 of their orders are narrow-body airplanes!

    and from what I read now, it seems they have even dropped the 747 order! I have no clue why!

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  7. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    It landed in Mehrabad earlier today:
















    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  8. Likes oghabealborz, Zob Ahan liked this post
  9. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are pictures from the interior taken some days ago:




    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  10. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
  11. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    They have ordered only 30 777s and 16 A350s. 146 of their orders are narrow-body airplanes!

    and from what I read now, it seems they have even dropped the 747 order! I have no clue why!
    That's not really bad ,considering they can also use the others for European destinations as well , there are enough 777s and 350s to cater for North america and far east , well I am not an expert on airline operation but it seems sufficient. flights to popular destinations like London ,Canada and possibly USA could become a daily routine once they have enough of these birds in the Homa nest .

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    That's not really bad ,considering they can also use the others for European destinations as well , there are enough 777s and 350s to cater for North america and far east , well I am not an expert on airline operation but it seems sufficient. flights to popular destinations like London ,Canada and possibly USA could become a daily routine once they have enough of these birds in the Homa nest .
    Daily routine with only 46 long distance airplanes? They'd rather need 146 for that I guess. It will probably be weekly routes and judging by the number of people going to/from Canadan and the US, 777s and 350s wont be enough. Specially during high seasons. I mean they used to have 747s going to Stockholm twice a week!!! During high seasons, they'd be completely full so close to 1-1.5 month before, you couldn't find a single ticket and had to stay in the queue. If that's the case for Stockholm you can imagine how much bigger airplanes are needed for destinations in Germany, London, big cities in the US, Canada and possibly Australia.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Daily routine with only 46 long distance airplanes? They'd rather need 146 for that I guess. It will probably be weekly routes and judging by the number of people going to/from Canadan and the US, 777s and 350s wont be enough. Specially during high seasons. I mean they used to have 747s going to Stockholm twice a week!!! During high seasons, they'd be completely full so close to 1-1.5 month before, you couldn't find a single ticket and had to stay in the queue. If that's the case for Stockholm you can imagine how much bigger airplanes are needed for destinations in Germany, London, big cities in the US, Canada and possibly Australia.
    As I mentioned I am no expert in this but why wouldn't you be able to fly to London and Toronto and maybe New york on a daily bases with that number of planes ?

    Remember they can use 320 and 737s for Europe as well ,wish our old buddy motori was around and could help us out here ...

  14. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    As I mentioned I am no expert in this but why wouldn't you be able to fly to London and Toronto and maybe New york on a daily bases with that number of planes ?

    Remember they can use 320 and 737s for Europe as well ,wish our old buddy motori was around and could help us out here ...
    The problem is not the range the planes can travel but rather the number of passengers they can carry. As said if 747 twice a week was not enough for Stockholm during high seasons, They need to have A320 or 737 coming to Stockholm almost everyday. Now for destinations in London, Germany, etc. you need more or just simply bigger planes. and if bigger planes for these European destinations mean 777s and A350s then I don't know how these planes will be enough for everyday routes to the US, Canada, etc.

    I think the number and types of planes they have ordered will be adequate for the routes they have today, with smaller planes for domestic use and the bigger ones for once in a while destinations in Europe/Asia. If they really want to increase the destinations and become international, I think they need more planes of the bigger versions.

    According to wikipedia, Qatar airways (with Qatar's low population in mind) have got 192 functional airplanes, including 6 A380s, which in total is more than Iran has ordered today and they have ordered and waiting for 222 additional airplanes. Emirates have all wide-body airplanes, with 83 A380s in service and 59 additional ones in orders.

    There is no way Iranair can compete with these airlines with the current order.

    As for Motori.... yeah, I really miss him too! It would have been nice to read his view about the ordered planes.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  15. #132
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude looks like an islamic fucking fag.
    i hope this plane goes in khameneis asshole.
    fuck IR, fuck their Airbus, fuck their football team.
    bunch of fucking murderers and scumbags
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  16. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    As I mentioned I am no expert in this but why wouldn't you be able to fly to London and Toronto and maybe New york on a daily bases with that number of planes ?

    Remember they can use 320 and 737s for Europe as well ,wish our old buddy motori was around and could help us out here ...
    A320 or 737 is perfect for routes like Tabriz Dubai, Tehran Istanbul, Tehran Dubai, Tehran Baghdad, Tehran Beiroot.

    Even flying A320 to Vienna would be pushing it. but aside from that long haul with a narrow body plane is not economical.

    IMHO it makes no sense for any Iranian airliner to have an airplane that a has range beyond, London and Beijing.

    You do need to fly to Toronto or LA from Tehran. there is a thing called Code Share.

    Iranian airlines just need to get their freaking code shares (They are already have this with Turkish Air). extend to other airlines.

    let iranian use their existing credit card points and miles. and Iranians airlines would not need to invest in airplanes that are only good for super duper long routes.

    The Problem most of the Iranian public thinks in terms of fantasies not economics!
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”


  17. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    A320 or 737 is perfect for routes like Tabriz Dubai, Tehran Istanbul, Tehran Dubai, Tehran Baghdad, Tehran Beiroot.

    Even flying A320 to Vienna would be pushing it. but aside from that long haul with a narrow body plane is not economical.

    IMHO it makes no sense for any Iranian airliner to have an airplane that a has range beyond, London and Beijing.

    You do need to fly to Toronto or LA from Tehran. there is a thing called Code Share.

    Iranian airlines just need to get their freaking code shares (They are already have this with Turkish Air). extend to other airlines.

    let iranian use their existing credit card points and miles. and Iranians airlines would not need to invest in airplanes that are only good for super duper long routes.

    The Problem most of the Iranian public thinks in terms of fantasies not economics!
    I maybe wrong but I think BA uses A320 to fly to Tehran and turkish uses B737 between London and Istanbul ... if they can do it so can Homa ,they have also ordered some 340s .

  18. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •