Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Italy & Serie A 2016-17 Fixtures , News , Transfers , Match Updates [R]

Inter Milan: Serie A club to be taken over by Chinese investors

Inter Milan are to have new owners, with Chinese investors Suning Commerce Group taking a majority 70% stake in the club.
    Ex-Inter president Massimo Moratti is selling his 30% stake, with current owner Erick Thohir selling 40%.
    Thohir will keep his remaining 30% and will be confirmed as Inter's president.
    The deal is not expected to affect the position of manager Roberto Mancini, while chief executive Michael Bolingbroke is also to keep his role.
    Inter's new ownership structure will be announced at a press conference at Suning's headquarters in Nanjing on Monday.
    No figures have been mentioned but Thohir is thought to have made money from the deal, having bought his 70% stake in Inter in a leveraged purchase for around 250m in 2013.
    Although this season they finished fourth in Serie A, their highest position since 2011, Inter have not qualified for the Champions League throughout Thohir's time at the helm.
    He has tried to get the finances of the club in order and Inter expect to reduce Financial Fair Play losses from 90m Euros (69.5m) to 30m this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Italian football has only been represented once in the Champions League final since Inter won the competition in 2009-10.

Paolo Maldini lamented the fading identity of Italian football, with the nation left behind following the success of Spain in continental competition.

As Italy prepares for next month's Euro 2016, former AC Milan captain and international defender Maldini said Italian football "needs to start over again."

The Serie A has only been represented once in a Champions League final since Inter won the competition in 2009-10, while Spanish side Sevilla has won three consecutive Europa League titles.

Add to that Italy has failed to progress beyond the group stages at the past two World Cups.

Speaking ahead of Saturday's Champions League final between Spanish rival Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, Maldini bemoaned: "Italian football needs to start over again. As a country we are searching for an identity.

"You can see it in both the Champions League and the Europa League. Spanish sides are on a different level, particularly in terms of tactics and technical qualities."

Former Italy international Fabio Cannavaro echoed Maldini's thoughts.

"Our football is lagging behind," Cannavaro said. "Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona are all used to getting to finals.

"Previously other countries followed our lead, we have to get back to doing what we did before."

3. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dani Alves to Juventus

Post Thanks / Like
    Here ...

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter, byebyenow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Big price tag for him

Post Thanks / Like
    Inter Milan Line Up Player Plus Cash Offer for Tottenham Midfielder Erik Lamela

http://www.90min.com/posts/3323651-i...er-erik-lamela

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say even though I am stoked with Pjanic signing, I am more thrilled by Alves joining us. Now, we have two of the best fullbacks in the world. I'm sure just like Evra he will continue his tremendous career at Juve. Another champion has added to the team, very happy!
    https://youtu.be/4rAr2kWgkTA
    Last edited by byebyenow; 19-06-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    Big price tag for him
    He is worth it!
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Montella to become new AC Milan coach ???

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems official, good signing.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    So funny the news came out at mid-night in Italy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like