Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sardar Azmoun already 5th best ever scorer in history of Team-Melli

All that at age of 21 only! The guy can easy finish second in this list, behind Daei, breaking Daei's record can be really tough though. So i did a small search and here is the list of top 10 scorers...
    This is quite an elite list:

1)Ali Daei, 109 goals in 149 matches
    2) Karim Bagheri, 50 goals in 87 matches
    3)Javad Nekounam,39 goals in 151matches
    4)Ali Karimi, 38 goals in 127 matches
    5)Gholamhossein Mazloumi, 19 goals in 40 matches
    6)Farshad Pious, 18 goals in 34 matches
    7)Sardar Azmoun, 16 goals in 22 matches
    8)Hamid Alidoosti, 15 goals in 27 matches
    8) Vahid Hashemian, 15 goals in 50 matches
    9)Naser Mohammadkhani, 14 goals in 27 matches
    9)Hasan Roshan, 14 goals in 27 matches

9)Reza Ghoochannejhad, 14 goals in 31 matches
    9)Parviz Ghelichkhani, 14 goals in 66 matches
    10)Karim Ansarifard, 12 goals in 52 matches
    10) Hamid Estili, 12 goals in 82 matches

Post Thanks / Like
    Great achievement so far! Nothing is impossible. He can score 10 goals every year and Daei's record will be broken before you know it ;-)
    بارالها، ما حال نداریم به راه راست هدایت شویم، خودت راه راست را به سوی ما کج کن

3. Likes OSTAD POOYA, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ 10 per year is kind of a lot, unless we arrange few friendlies against like Maldive, Guam per year, even that, not sure we can score more than 3-4 goals against them anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    -Quite interesting a guy like Azizi is not in list of top 10 scorer even(he scored 11 goals). Yaade harfe khoda biamorz Ranjbar zamane Blazevic oftadam ke gofte boud, Azizi ye goal be Australia zadeh ye omr dare nouneshou mikhore LOL! That was when Azizi had issues with Blazevic.
    -Also 3 of top 10 are still part of TM, shows the depth in this position.

btw, i edited the list and added few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting indeed. He is indeed very deadly in that position. And he has also scored most of the goals under our noses too. The one standing out is his fantastic goal in the Asian cup and indeed this Korea goal. I have to note that you are missing Behtash Fariba on your list (few others too/ I have attached a link for a more complete list). He has 12 goals and I know this because I had a discussion with someone about him and his goal ratio which was like 75% as he played 16 times for Iran and is a part of the burnt generation. In regards to Azmoun he soon will be 5th on the list and I hope his great form continues. With a little bit of maturity he will be something special indeed. 16 goal in 22 matches at 21 is indeed a great accomplishment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...op_goalscorers

7. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    Very interesting indeed. He is indeed very deadly in that position. And he has also scored most of the goals under our noses too. The one standing out is his fantastic goal in the Asian cup and indeed this Korea goal. I have to note that you are missing Behtash Fariba on your list (few others too/ I have attached a link for a more complete list). He has 12 goals and I know this because I had a discussion with someone about him and his goal ratio which was like 75% as he played 16 times for Iran and is a part of the burnt generation. In regards to Azmoun he soon will be 5th on the list and I hope his great form continues. With a little bit of maturity he will be something special indeed. 16 goal in 22 matches at 21 is indeed a great accomplishment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...op_goalscorers
    I have seen almost everyone forward in this list play(other than Mazloumi and Roshan), and i can say with conviction in last almost 40 years no forward can match his talent, the guy out of his 16 goals not only scored some very crucial goals but also some beauties BUT he still has a lot of work to do to polish his game, i mean Daei's talent was no where close to him, no where even at his peak but he wouldn't waste half of opportunities Sardar had, i know he is only 21 but if he wants to take it to next step that is what he needs to work on that.

9. Likes OSTAD POOYA, Mahdi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is also interesting forwards like Changiz, Baavi, Garousi, Marfavi, Azizi, Faraki, Ghafour Jahani and few others all scored around 10 or less. I know the number of friendlies in past wasn't as now but still..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sardar is cruising towards becoming the best and most lethal striker in Asian football history .

There are only two players I can think of that could score and be lethal goal scorers and none of them were strikers ,a winger called Hassan Roshan and a midfielder called Karim Bagheri .

Roshan with 15 goals in 27 games and Bagheri with 50 goals in 87 games ,very impressive considering they were not strikers and their goal ratio is something to be proud of ,and most of their goals were spectacular and vital .

12. Likes kasra1930, Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I am a huge CQ fan, but do people think he made a mistake not taking him to world cup? I did, and still do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Now I am a huge CQ fan, but do people think he made a mistake not taking him to world cup? I did, and still do.

Considering the style of play CQ was going for in World Cup 2014 and Azmoun's general physical condition - I think he made the right choice.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

15. Likes Payandeh Iran, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post

Azmoun is a young guy that needed to grow up a bit and become more mature in his game and life before taken to the next level. And also CQ goes by what's the best for the team at that time and he already had his forwards set for the WC and with the strategy in place. Sardar is a really nice guy and he actually had a FB page that he use to interact with people till right before the WC team that was picked. I would say even a bit too much I would say rather than focusing on his game but that's not for me to say and based on team rules and guidelines may have been fine. Once he was not picked he shut it down and I have not seen him since. After the WC he has been great for Iran and he is only 21 so still a very young lad. If he continues to improve he can truly be deadly for many yeas to come and safeguard that position. His goal was indeed a special beauty.

Post Thanks / Like
    If he stays humble and keeps on learning and hopefully won't get badly injured he will easily break into high double digit for sure and maybe even break Daei's record. Extremely smart striker. I love his goals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it's not really about Azmoun himself when it comes to scoring lots of goals. Iran as a team is not scoring enough goals to generate a challenge for top scorers.

When Daei ascended to those numbers, Iran was a scoring machine with some terrible losses at crucial moments. Everyone was scoring goals left and right. True there were some really weak opponents that helped Iran's cause, but there was no hesitation if the opportunity presented itself.

Iran's current strategy will rarely produce a high-scoring game which is what's needed for top numbers. Azmoun can only hope to score a maximum of 3-4 goals/year if he stays the main striker.

19. Likes Sly, Babr, Farbod (ADC) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another unrelated observation is, given that Bagheri was playing as central and attacking midfielder for a period of time, it's unbelievable to see that a defensive midfielder like Nekounam would end up in third place in the all time top scorers' list!

THAT to me is the greatest record after Daei's!

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

21. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Javad was special player, people can bash him as much as they want(and actually i don't get that because when he started to slow down he retired unless Daei while as DM he could still play in TM and CQ still wanted him so it was purely his own decision to retire) but the guy was a clutch in TM, you can rely on him when the game was tight. Bagheri's 50 goal is amazing no doubt but he played the major part of his career and his prime as CAM and as Soroush said in much more offensive talented teams, while Javad was a DM and he played 10 years in much less talented teams.

23. Likes Sly, Fatso, oghabealborz, Mahdi, Farbod (ADC) liked this post