Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Javad was special player, people can bash him as much as they want(and actually i don't get that because when he started to slow down he retired unless Daei while as DM he could still play in TM and CQ still wanted him so it was purely his own decision to retire) but the guy was a clutch in TM, you can rely on him when the game was tight. Bagheri's 50 goal is amazing no doubt but he played the major part of his career and his prime as CAM and as Soroush said in much more offensive talented teams, while Javad was a DM and he played 10 years in much more less talented teams.
    Not the least that this kind of record of his, was not only in TM and for Iran but also at club level in Europe! He was among top 2-3 in one of the seasons in Osasuna! It's really really impressive for a defensive midfielder! I still can not understand why he never went to a better team in La liga where he deserved to play!

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Not the least that this kind of record of his, was not only in TM and for Iran but also at club level in Europe! He was among top 2-3 in one of the seasons in Osasuna! It's really really impressive for a defensive midfielder! I still can not understand why he never went to a better team in La liga where he deserved to play!
    Because he was slow as fuck.

He was good on set pieces and that's it. When it came to game-flow, man... I don't even want to say anything because whatever I say will sound very harsh! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post

He was good on set pieces and that's it. When it came to game-flow, man... I don't even want to say anything because whatever I say will sound very harsh! LOL!

Javad is considered one of the most consistent players in Iranian history that you can always count on to deliver his game day on and day off. For that he was very dependable to perform based on his skills and had long consistent careers both with in club and national level. The speed matter is a different story and he is not the player to actually take the game forward in that matter. It would be good to have players with his style and consistency right in the middle. I am hoping Ezzatollahi can fill that gap with his presence and is also able to push forward more.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not like Team-Melli had speedy Gonzales as DM in past, that is why CQ for faster transition is using Hajsafi who is a LB as DM next to Saeid and so far it works!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

With or without speed, he was hands down one of the absolute best players in a la liga team! As a defensive midfielder, he could match scoring record of a striker! After such a career in both club and country, it's very unfair and irresponsible to say he was good on set pieces and that's it! Nekounam was the most successful player we've had together with Mahdavikia and nothing and no one can take that away from him! His records are clear!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    it's very unfair and irresponsible to say he was good on set pieces and that's it
    I'm such an unfair and irresponsible person

Never saw anything special from him other than on set-pieces and the occasional (very rare) distant shot. He always gave the game-flow a big SEKTEH for no reason. One of the reasons Iran always played slow and boring football. Not that we're playing much better these days, but that's mostly because we still have crappy players in midfield.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not like Team-Melli had speedy Gonzales as DM in past, that is why CQ for faster transition is using Hajsafi who is a LB as DM next to Saeid and so far it works!!!!
    I loved the way he played in midfield ,what a great move to switch him from left back to midfield , he is a fighter and can also go on the attack and make opportunities and has a great shot on him .

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm such an unfair and irresponsible person
    You are! be ghole Reza, khechalat bokhor!

and I think most people disagree with you about the rest! There was a reason he, out of all our players was picked by Osasuna!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    Javad was special player, people can bash him as much as they want(and actually i don't get that because when he started to slow down he retired unless Daei while as DM he could still play in TM and CQ still wanted him so it was purely his own decision to retire) but the guy was a clutch in TM, you can rely on him when the game was tight. Bagheri's 50 goal is amazing no doubt but he played the major part of his career and his prime as CAM and as Soroush said in much more offensive talented teams, while Javad was a DM and he played 10 years in much less talented teams.
    Javad had a great spirit and a great attitude to the game that topped Karim Bagheri on that but technique wise he was second to Karim .

Karim Bagheri was a unique talent ,he was a factor in almost every game he played in ,his 50 goals were mostly down to his pure talent in finding the back of the net from any where and any range with his great left and right foot or his head ,javad's role model was Karim Bagheri ,he had a great career in Europe and team melli but he never could match Karim in terms of football.

10. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Javad had a great spirit and a great attitude to the game that topped Karim Bagheri on that but technique wise he was second to Karim .

Karim Bagheri was a unique talent ,he was a factor in almost every game he played in ,his 50 goals were mostly down to his pure talent in finding the back of the net from any where and any range with his great left and right foot or his head ,javad's role model was Karim Bagheri ,he had a great career in Europe and team melli but he never could match Karim in terms of football.
    I dont think Karim Bargheri got a chance to be anywhere close to his true potential as good as he was. The environment in Iran and trainings available. It is still questionable what happened in that Bahrain game. If not mistaken that game had a big effect on him and ended his national career right?
    It is doomed a country whose creator declared the first laws of Human right, yet, its people worship the history of those who invaded them .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofmordor View Post
    I dont think Karim Bargheri got a chance to be anywhere close to his true potential as good as he was. The environment in Iran and trainings available. It is still questionable what happened in that Bahrain game. If not mistaken that game had a big effect on him and ended his national career right?
    No it was the Ireland game that we needed to beat them by 2 goals and we only managed one goal right at the end ,he had a very rough year filled with injuries and grief of losing his father ,he got disappointed and emotional and quit team melli after failing to qualify for the world cup , unfortunately he never had the kind of spirit that Daei and Nekoonam had and didn't appreciate his own talent and where he could have taken his career .

Like the old Japanese saying "fall down seven times get up 8 ...Daei and Nekoonam were like that .

13. Likes Payandeh Iran, Sly, lordofmordor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both him and Taremi are on fire. That is without a real maker in this team. Imagine if we had one.

This is the best ever duo upfront we had, much better than Daei-Azizi IMO. Add to that Gucci and Karim on bench and a guy like Kaveh Rezaei can't even make the squad, he would be starter in 2010, or any other TM(other than 98 and 2006). WOW!!!

15. Likes Sly, Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both him and Taremi are on fire. That is without a real maker in this team. Imagine if we had one.

This is the best ever duo upfront we had, much better than Daei-Azizi IMO. Add to that Gucci and Karim on bench and a guy like Kaveh Rezaei can't even make the squad, he would be starter in 2010, or any other TM(other than 98 and 2006). WOW!!!
    I rate Daei/Azizi better, and definitely Daei/Karimi is better than Sardar/Taremi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Khabalood View Post
    I rate Daei/Azizi better, and definitely Daei/Karimi is better than Sardar/Taremi
    I don't agree with that, Daei/Azizi best moment together lasted only two years(96-98), while Azizi scored two very crucial goals against Australia and had a great Asian Cup 1996 tournament, overall he didn't have long TM career and scored around 10-11 goals.

About Daei/Karimi: Karimi wasn't forward but even if you consider him as one, Karimi's prime was during Daei's decline(2003-2006).

In case of Taremi and Sardar we are talking about two players, one 24 and another one 22 and none of them even reached their prime and full potential and keep scoring, both already broke Azizi's record anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is with Taremi he miss easy chances like a seater yesterday first half and then scores a wonderful goal that many would not be able to ,then he makes you scratch your head on what this guy can do if he puts hs mind to it.

19. Likes Sly liked this post