ISP Managers Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    I'm such an unfair and irresponsible person
    LOL

DIED of laughter

2. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we are judging players by their current age, then Azmoun is the best 22 year old striker Iran has ever had by a mile. You can't look at scoring records alone because Daei played during a time where our team was a lot more attack oriented and when Iran frequently played teams that rounded up players 5 minutes before the game started. Iran is no longer playing a band of street merchants from Maldives 4 times a year.

If you look at their game, Azmoun is mucher faster, more fluid, and better with the ball than Daei ever was. Azmoun is also pretty damn close to Daei in the air. Azmoun is also a much better big game player than Daei was. The real test will come in the World Cup. If Azmoun scores goals in the World Cup, that will only cement his place as our best striker of all time.
    She give one pee-pee touch.

4. Likes oghabealborz, Payandeh Iran, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farbod (ADC) View Post
    If we are judging players by their current age, then Azmoun is the best 22 year old striker Iran has ever had by a mile. You can't look at scoring records alone because Daei played during a time where our team was a lot more attack oriented and when Iran frequently played teams that rounded up players 5 minutes before the game started. Iran is no longer playing a band of street merchants from Maldives 4 times a year.

If you look at their game, Azmoun is mucher faster, more fluid, and better with the ball than Daei ever was. Azmoun is also pretty damn close to Daei in the air. Azmoun is also a much better big game player than Daei was. The real test will come in the World Cup. If Azmoun scores goals in the World Cup, that will only cement his place as our best striker of all time.
    Spot on ,he is much better with the ball and precise than Daei , I can compare his heading abilty and the way he jumps for the ball to Homayoon Behzadi .his goal against Qatar in Asian cup was a goal you would expected only best players in the world to score ,people like Bergkamp ,Zola ,Vanbasten and since that goal he has scored so many other ones to prove that that was not a fluke ,ask Bayern and Atletico goalies and defenders and they tell you .and as you so rightly said he is only 22 .

6. Likes kasra1930 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's be fair to Daei. He scored against who he had to score.
    And he started his career much later.
    Daei didn't move to Europe until he was 28! And that says alot because no one would take a chance on a player at that age in Europe if they're from Asia.
    If Daei, Bagheri, Azizi and Co had been in European football starting in their late teens, they could have gotten even further.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

8. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Azmoun is fantastic and he is only starting to even get better but in no sense he is in the caliber of Daei at this time. Possibly in the future he will get closer and would challenge him rightfully but at this time its premature to think that. His goal scoring is mathematically fantastic and he can be a series challenge for the record but these days the game are much less attacking and lower score lines are recorded. Plus in terms of longevity Azmoun has many years to catch up. In terms of air play Daei is still above anyone we have ever had. And I think that shall remain. But Azmoun does have a deadly header as well. His attitude is very good too for a young kid. I like all the guys attitude on TM.

10. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    Azmoun is fantastic and he is only starting to even get better but in no sense he is in the caliber of Daei at this time. Possibly in the future he will get closer and would challenge him rightfully but at this time its premature to think that. His goal scoring is mathematically fantastic and he can be a series challenge for the record but these days the game are much less attacking and lower score lines are recorded. Plus in terms of longevity Azmoun has many years to catch up. In terms of air play Daei is still above anyone we have ever had. And I think that shall remain. But Azmoun does have a deadly header as well. His attitude is very good too for a young kid. I like all the guys attitude on TM.
    Azmoon convertion rate is much better than Daei ,his technique on carrying the ball ,his shots and his movements in the box ,his ball control is all much better than Daei .

Daei was a good header of the ball but you have not seen Behzadi ,despite being much shorter than Daei he had amazing abilty to jump and make contact with the ball and with so much precision and power ,and Azmoon is carbon copy of him in the air .

Daei missed so many chances and wasted many opportunities while Azmoon makes a most of his chances and half chances .

This is not to undermine Ali Daei ,he was a tremendous player for Iran with so much spirit and fighting ability ,at his peak he was a handful for any defender he played against and constantly harassed them and took the pressure off our team .
    Last edited by oghabealborz; 15-06-2017 at 07:59 PM.

12. Likes kasra1930, Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Azmoon convertion rate is much better than Daei ,his technique on carrying the ball ,his shots and his movements in the box ,his ball control is all much better than Daei .

Daei was a good header of the ball but you have not seen Behzadi ,despite being much shorter than Daei he had amazing abilty to jump and make contact with the ball and with so much precision and power ,and Azmoon is carbon copy of him in the air .

Daei missed so many chances and wasted many opportunities while Azmoon makes a most of his chances and half chances .

This is not to undermine Ali Daei ,he was a tremendous player for Iran with so much spirit and fighting ability ,at his peak he was a handful for any defender he played against and constantly harassed them and took pressure of our team .

Mathematically speaking Azmoun has scored 19/26 and Daei is 109/149 which has them both at .73 scoring ratio with Daei having a slight edge. Now the age factor of Azmoun can definitely have him in the right path as he is only 22 but the sheer number of goals Daei scored and the opponents that took a lot of goals will not be the same for Azmoun in attempting to reach the record. Now looking at the number of chances each had to score is a different story. I do not have any stats on that but would love to see some. I can agree that Azmoun should be better in converting as the team of Daei created many more scoring opportunities and missed more but Daei being Daei still put it in the back of the net 109 times. Another factor we need to look at is Daeiís passing and pitch vision. He was a tremendous passer that made the most important passes when needed. (His pass to Azzizi to score on the Aussies, Pass to Kia to score in the world cup, pass to Karimi during Ireland game that would have taken Iran to the World Cup). So the passing is also to keep in mind. At a time Daei was called the best head in the world and this was mentioned when he played in Germany. Azmoun may have a great header but he is nowhere near Daei in that department. You also need to keep in mind Daeiís leadership. Plus he started playing while being older. Azmoun is too young and can achieve all those and certainly he is on the right path and the numbers are headed in the right direction. But I would take that with a grain of salt and judge this in 3-4 years while he has matured more and more capable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Daei missed so many chances and wasted many opportunities
    Not really. He scored many goals out of nothing.

He missed a few too, but not often. You want to name someone who misses? Look at Taremi! LOL! His conversion rate is in the triple digits to 1.

15. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really. He scored many goals out of nothing.

He missed a few too, but not often. You want to name someone who misses? Look at Taremi! LOL! His conversion rate is in the triple digits to 1.
    we are comparing Azmoon with Daei and their conversion rate ,their technique . Daei never had silky techniques on the ball but he worked very hard to improve his game ,he never scored a goal like Azmoon did against Qatar in Asian cup ,that shows his class ,Daei's goal were more like tap ins , I don't remember him scoring a goal out of nothing but he did his best and his best at the time was best we had and probably best in Asia as well but Azmoon is different class ,more like world class showing so much maturity at such a young age .

I can't argue about Taremi though , he misses easier chances and then scores the most difficult goals ,like he did against Uzbeks .

Maybe someone could put up a clip of Azmoon's goals so far and the first 19 goals that Daei scored or even better their first 20 games and chances they had and how many of those chances they covert to goal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Daei's goal were more like tap ins , I don't remember him scoring a goal out of nothing
    Maybe someone could put up a clip of Azmoon's goals so far and the first 19 goals that Daei scored or even better their first 20 games
    Daei's goals were nothing short of incredible most of the time. He rarely had a "tap-in". Most of them were headers that would've been missed by 99.99% of all players in the world. Daei knew the goal like no one else. His dribbling and 1x1 techniques were actually not bad. He just didn't have very quick feet. His finishing was well beyond anything Iran has ever produced. Azmoun has a long way to go to reach Daei's nose for goals.

Here you go. All his national goals in order.

18. Likes Fatso, OSTAD POOYA, Mahdi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daei's goals were nothing short of incredible most of the time. He rarely had a "tap-in". Most of them were headers that would've been missed by 99.99% of all players in the world. Daei knew the goal like no one else. His dribbling and 1x1 techniques were actually not bad. He just didn't have very quick feet. His finishing was well beyond anything Iran has ever produced. Azmoun has a long way to go to reach Daei's nose for goals.

Here you go. All his national goals in order.

To be fair he did score some nice goals specially early in his career ,I liked the one he scored against Iraq with a backward header and the 4 he scored against Korea in that 6-2 .

Perhaps I remember mostly his goals later on in his career towards the end , I certainly don't agree with your claim that 99% wouldn't have scored his headers ,for start Karim Bagheri would have if he was up there as centre forward ,but I don't want to sound like I am knocking him because I am not and don't intend to .

I admire what he has done and achieved ,just left a bit of a bad taste towards the last 3-4 years of his time in team melli .

Azmoon for me is a different class of striker in the league of top class world strikers and I hope he carries on and become an established world class player that he shows signs of becoming one ,just need to check again his clinical finishes that many strikers would only dream of scoring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also Daei's goals when he was in Bielefeld. Bad quality, but look at the type of goals he was scoring out of nothing. His team was terrible, but he was a great striker. He had the killer sense.

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

21. Likes Bache Tehroon, OSTAD POOYA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daei is a true goal scoring machine in every aspect. No question about it. I don't think anyone will ever come close to him but I hope I am wrong. Azmoun is on the right path and does have the talents and the skills. Just needs hard work and improvement.

23. Likes Fatso, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daei was really special during his prime years and even up to 2003, what ruined the guy beside such a shitty character was pushing it for 3 more years to play in another Asian Cup(2004) and specially another WC(2006). Daei should NEVER EVER even been included in 2006 squad. People can always argue yes but other than Hashemian we didn't have other choices, but i don't buy that, 3 or 4 years is more than enough to find a forward much better than 36 years old Daei.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    Daei is a true goal scoring machine in every aspect. No question about it. I don't think anyone will ever come close to him but I hope I am wrong. Azmoun is on the right path and does have the talents and the skills. Just needs hard work and improvement.
    Azmoun scores as frequently as Daei did (0.73 a game). A much smaller sample size, sure, but Azmoun's scoring rate matches Daei's and against much stiffer competition. Azmoun improving won't be to match Daei, it will be to pass him.

Also FYI, pretty sure everyone knows how big of a Daei fan I have been and always will be.
    She give one pee-pee touch.

26. Likes OSTAD POOYA, oghabealborz liked this post