Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Mehrnaz and Farnaz Dabirzadeh

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

2. Likes Zob Ahan, nazia08, oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mehrnaz Dabirzadeh:

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

4. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For shabe yalda:

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

6. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are good but the hype is mainly because they are hot. Mehrnaz(Tombak player) has around 200k followers in Instagram while a guy like Navid Afgah who revolutionized the art of playing Tombak in last 10-15 years in Iran has around 20k in same Instagram, that is how the appreciation or better to say the UNDERSTANDING of the art became in this country.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can imagine that's the hype! It's not only that they're hot, they also play with a lot of eshveh vo adaa, almost dancing when playing! Specially Mehrnaz! But you have to admit, they're the first to play with so much eshveh which makes them entertaining for general public to watch!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mehrnaz teaches in Amozeshgah-Darkoub in Tehran which is owed by percussionist Homayoun Nasiri, funny enough she teaches kids and the girls only lol.

One funny comment i read in this regard was a guy who was saying: Man kodake darounam mikhad Tombak yaad begire, please accept me as your student lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Loooool! :d

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mehrnaz(tombak) now has an agent(Modire Barname), LOLL! she has over 250k followers in insta. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Mehrnaz(tombak) now has an agent(Modire Barname), LOLL! she has over 250k followers in insta. lol
    Bia manam misham Modir Barnameye to. Raghsam baladam. Hey berim invar oonvar Tombak bezan manam miam gher midam follower jam' konim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Bia manam misham Modir Barnameye to. Raghsam baladam. Hey berim invar oonvar Tombak bezan manam miam gher midam follower jam' konim.
    Mage man moterbam amou LOLL! You know how many times i(and the group or others) rejected to play somewhere which had seats and tables and people were talking and drinking and eating va hala in vasat ye music ham goosh bedim.

Nothing against Moterbi music but it is not me dude, i know you were joking though...

For me audience is very important, i rather perform somewhere with 50 people who at least know what the hell you are doing.

In classic music audience are limited but selective. At least for ones who care...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    They are good but the hype is mainly because they are hot. Mehrnaz(Tombak player) has around 200k followers in Instagram while a guy like Navid Afgah who revolutionized the art of playing Tombak in last 10-15 years in Iran has around 20k in same Instagram, that is how the appreciation or better to say the UNDERSTANDING of the art became in this country.
    Sex sells Babr jan, as a musician I get this. Hell take a look at yodiling Shakira her music is crap and she really can't sing. Why does she sell millions of albums because take a look at her body. Now unlike Shakira, who just uses sex to sell and belly dances: Mehranz and Farnaz have talent. I can clearly see that despite the daf and the other instrument(I have seen it before kind of pianoish but you hit the note rather than striking the key).

I am having a brain fart, I used to know the name of the instrument. I think your assessment is a bit unfair they have musical talent and it does not hurt to be hot. Just get that stupid chador removed from your head, dam you akhoond IR wanabee haji A-rabs. I read your other post it is not me and well I am not a huge sonati Persian music guy but they have talent, musically speaking. We might be from different cultures but only a musician can understand another musician. After all, "Without music, life would be a mistake," Fredrich William Nietzsche. I like to close my arguments with a quotation from a genius because how can top what someone brilliant said?

Post Thanks / Like
    Music was my first love... And it will be my last
    Music of the future and the music of the past
    To live without my music.. It's impossible to do
    In this world of trouble... My music pulls me through...

16. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Music was my first love... And it will be my last
    Music of the future and the music of the past
    To live without my music.. It's impossible to do
    In this world of trouble... My music pulls me through...
    Well said Oga jan it was the BEST form of therapy for me after combat. It still is the best form of therapy, I went through an emotional roller coaster of a month, had to block out some immediate fam but Music helped. Without Music, life is a mistake-Nietzsche totally agree with you bro!