Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you own a dog and what breed you got ?

I'm an all time dog lover and my all time favorite dog is boarder collie . I know about dogs and have taken care of some of my friends' dogs but personally I'v never had a chance to own one for myself due to my life style knowing dogs need special care and attention ...

I think now is time to get one and I will definitely get one but unfortunately boarder collie is not an option as i live in an apartment and those guys will suffer in such a place. I like to know if you guys own any and I'd like to hear everyone's pros and cons

by the way this is boarder collie ... I wish I could own one

2. Likes oghabealborz, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 13 yrs old Golden Retriever passed away 1 day before the election day. He was active except the last 2 months. I heard goldens are no. 3 behind Labs (which I love, too) and German Shepherd, but I think goldens are something special.

4. Likes TeamMeli, Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3 year old male German Shepherd (short hair, around 80 lbs). He is my best buddy and a bundle of love. He is my second dog. The first one was a mix chow, golden, shepherd.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

6. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    unfortunately boarder collie is not an option as i live in an apartment and those guys will suffer in such a place.
    Why would they suffer more than other dogs?

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

8. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, I've never owned dogs but my favorite is bulldog! The uglier and more wrinkled, the cuter!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

10. Likes oghabealborz, Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I like dogs too ,boarder collie is a lovely natured dog and very clever , my most favourite dog is Doug de Bordeau ,they are gentle giants ,very powerful but very gentle and friendly .

German shepherds are also a favourite of mine , I am also a cat lover despite their different attitude to dogs ,Cats are just beautiful and mysterious animals but you can not trust them or rely on them as much you can with dogs ,there are many type of dogs I like including the English sheep dogs .

12. Likes Sly, Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kian Pars View Post
    My 13 yrs old Golden Retriever passed away 1 day before the election day. He was active except the last 2 months. I heard goldens are no. 3 behind Labs (which I love, too) and German Shepherd, but I think goldens are something special.
    Golden retrievers and Labradors are the angles among dogs ,they are such lovely dogs .

14. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Golden retrievers and Labradors are the angles among dogs ,they are such lovely dogs .
    Acute, right or obtuse? Just kidding ostad jan

16. Likes Real Madrid, oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    never owned one. like Jack Russels though.
    they look very independent.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

18. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For apartment life your best bet is a Shih Tzu mix.

Try not to get a pure-bred. A mutt (mix of two breeds) is generally considered healthier and less prone to many forms of cancer.

I have an 11 year old Shihpoo (mix of Shih Tzu and Poodle). She's the joy of our life. She's been through highs and lows with me over the years and I don't know what I would've done without her company. Her mere presence has pulled me out of many gut-wrenching moments. The level of understanding, love and loyalty is beyond words. No human or other animal can even come close.

She has done both the apartment life and house life. She has even done the RV life (lived in a small RV with me!). It's truly inconvenient to walk dogs when you're in an apartment. The whole getting dressed and going down the elevators gets old pretty fast, but you'll do it

Don't get a big dog in an apartment building. You won't like it. Your neighbors won't like it and the dog itself will not be living a healthy life.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're buying a dog be considerate.
    If you live in a dense urban area with not alot of space don't buy a big large dog that needs to run around alot.

Having said that, the little dogs usually make alot of noise and can get quite annoying.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Having said that,ALL dogs with inconsiderate owners who don't put the effort into training their dogs usually make alot of noise and can get quite annoying.
    Fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Fixed.
    True. This seems to be more common than not though.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    my most favourite dog is Doug de Bordeau ,they are gentle giants ,very powerful but very gentle and friendly .
    That's a nice dog too! I love it!

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you get if you mix a bull dog with a shitzu
    BULLSHIT !
    holiness is in the right action not in god .