Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 98
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    what do you get if you mix a bull dog with a shitzu
    BULLSHIT !
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    42,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Why would they suffer more than other dogs?
    Well it is very obvious. Dogs like German shepherd, Golden Retrievers or Huskies and over all big or medium size dogs need space to move otherwise they will get sick so fast. Specially in a climate I live is not a convenient to go out so often . Smaller size dogs can cope with apartment life easier as many generation after generation have lived the same way them . This reminds of gold fish, as they need lots of space in the fish tank if you overcrowd them then they die.


    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Golden retrievers and Labradors are the angles among dogs ,they are such lovely dogs .
    Golden retrievers are a blessing to the Human race. Who can not love them ? Labs are also adorable but I go with Retriever If I have a choice


    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    For apartment life your best bet is a Shih Tzu mix.

    Try not to get a pure-bred. A mutt (mix of two breeds) is generally considered healthier and less prone to many forms of cancer.

    I have an 11 year old Shihpoo (mix of Shih Tzu and Poodle). She's the joy of our life. She's been through highs and lows with me over the years and I don't know what I would've done without her company. Her mere presence has pulled me out of many gut-wrenching moments. The level of understanding, love and loyalty is beyond words. No human or other animal can even come close.

    She has done both the apartment life and house life. She has even done the RV life (lived in a small RV with me!). It's truly inconvenient to walk dogs when you're in an apartment. The whole getting dressed and going down the elevators gets old pretty fast, but you'll do it

    Don't get a big dog in an apartment building. You won't like it. Your neighbors won't like it and the dog itself will not be living a healthy life.
    .
    Yep you pretty said it all , I also like the mix of Shitzu and Lhasa apso I also found a cockapoo puppy and fell in love with her in a min . lol .
    .
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    If you're buying a dog be considerate.
    If you live in a dense urban area with not alot of space don't buy a big large dog that needs to run around alot.

    Having said that, the little dogs usually make alot of noise and can get quite annoying.
    Fatso jan I live on an Island 10 minutes away from downtown. My place is next to river and bounded by trees with a 15 KM walking path spanning the whole Island.
    .
    .

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    what do you get if you mix a bull dog with a shitzu
    BULLSHIT !
    Lol , you always have something up your sleeve

  3. Likes Fatso liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Training is extremely important and requires a lot of time and patience. One of the reasons that I didn't get a rescue was the difficulty in training an abused or neglected dog with previous mental/physical issues. If you are not an experienced dog owner with a lot of time on your hand, the task of training a rescue dog properly becomes so much harder.
    I got mine from a breeder when he was 9 weeks old, but I consider him a semi-rescue since the breeder was nothing but a puppy mill producer that left the poor pups unattended and uncared for. In a moment of weakness and out of pity, I decided to buy him, purely out of compassion. That said, he is now well-trained by a professional trainer and he is the sweetest, most social, child-friendly and loving creature that I could have ever imagined him to be.
    The point TM raised about losing the dog is a valid one. In my case, I cherish every moment I spend with him and once he is gone, taking comfort in knowing that I gave him a good life, to the best of my abilities, and lots of love.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  5. Likes Real Madrid, Bache Tehroon liked this post
  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    BTW, I've never owned dogs but my favorite is bulldog! The uglier and more wrinkled, the cuter!


    my niece just purchased a French Bulldog (7 weeks old). It is the cutest thing, but keep in mind that they have a lot of hip and stomach issues (they fart constantly and are prone to get upset stomach very easily).
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  7. Likes Real Madrid, Sly liked this post
  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    what do you get if you mix a bull dog with a shitzu
    BULLSHIT !
    FOR YOU, enjoy!

  9. Likes Payandeh Iran, Kian Pars liked this post
  10. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    my niece just purchased a French Bulldog (7 weeks old). It is the cutest thing, but keep in mind that they have a lot of hip and stomach issues (they fart constantly and are prone to get upset stomach very easily).
    People who buy bulldogs are selfish. This breed needs to die (much like Pit Bulls). It has severe health problems and further breeding is a form of abuse.

    Pets are not toys. They're living creatures who feel pain. Bulldogs suffer a lot more than most humans can fathom.


  11. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    [SIZE=3]

    Well it is very obvious. Dogs like German shepherd, Golden Retrievers or Huskies and over all big or medium size dogs need space to move otherwise they will get sick so fast. Specially in a climate I live is not a convenient to go out so often . Smaller size dogs can cope with apartment life easier as many generation after generation have lived the same way them . This reminds of gold fish, as they need lots of space in the fish tank if you overcrowd them then they die.
    Big size dogs I understand, but medium size? Everything is relative though I guess. It all depends on the size of the apartment too.

    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    my niece just purchased a French Bulldog (7 weeks old). It is the cutest thing, but keep in mind that they have a lot of hip and stomach issues (they fart constantly and are prone to get upset stomach very easily).
    Why do they have stomach problems Tajrish jan? Maybe they're allergic to a certain nutrition in the regular dog food?! There are for example people who are allergic to red meet. I'm thinking maybe this breed has genetically some kind of food allergy that can be addressed if it was fed the "right things"?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    People who buy bulldogs are selfish. This breed needs to die (much like Pit Bulls). It has severe health problems and further breeding is a form of abuse.

    Pets are not toys. They're living creatures who feel pain. Bulldogs suffer a lot more than most humans can fathom.
    So you want the breed to die as a solution??!! Are you serious?!

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you want the breed to die as a solution??!! Are you serious?!
    Yes. There should be no further breeding of an animal with such severe genetic issues. I hope you are smart enough to realize I don't mean to kill the already living bulldogs!

    People who buy bulldogs are adding to the problem. If there is no demand, the breed will eventually die.


  13. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Yes. There should be no further breeding of an animal with such severe genetic issues. I hope you are smart enough to realize I don't mean to kill the already living bulldogs!

    People who buy bulldogs are adding to the problem. If there is no demand, the breed will eventually die.
    Yes, but why would it or even should it die without demand?! There are better solutions likes taking care of the breed by professionals in facilities (as apposed to by regular civilians), doing research on them to find a long term solution to their health problem, etc.

    Yes, money needs to be invested but so is the case for saving let's say, the elephants, the pandas or the Asiatic cheetah!

    What worries me is that out of all the solutions, the extinction of the breed came to your mind!

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  14. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    BT is absolutely right. Some breeds were not meant to be. These engineered animals were mostly created by experimentation to achieve a cosmetic result rather than fulfilling a needed function. As a result, the animal suffers unnecessarily for the joy of it's human handler.
    Cross breeding could help the breed to become healthier and there are many efforts going in that direction by responsible breeders. However, since there is money involved, these poor breeds will keep suffering for profit.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  15. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
  16. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Yes, but why would it or even should it die without demand?! There are better solutions likes taking care of the breed by professionals in facilities (as apposed to by regular civilians), doing research on them to find a long term solution to their health problem, etc.

    Yes, money needs to be invested but so is the case for saving let's say, the elephants, the pandas or the Asiatic cheetah!

    What worries me is that out of all the solutions, the extinction of the breed came to your mind!
    Some education on dogs:
    Dogs are not elephants, pandas or Asiatic cheetah! Dogs are human-bred. Without humans, bulldogs would never exist. It's humans that have engineered this problem. Nature would've never chosen a species like bulldogs to survive or evolve.


  17. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Some education on dogs:
    Dogs are not elephants, pandas or Asiatic cheetah! Dogs are human-bred. Without humans, bulldogs would never exist. It's humans that have engineered this problem. Nature would've never chosen a species like bulldogs to survive or evolve.
    So? You still fail to see the point! When there can be possible solutions to make the breed healthy and well taken care of to have a normal life, why letting it die out? Engineered or not, it's here now!

    Out of 2 possible solutions for the animal not to suffer, you choose death while I choose cure. That says a lot about the state of our minds.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  18. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    42,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    So? You still fail to see the point! When there can be possible solutions to make the breed healthy and well taken care of to have a normal life, why letting it die out? Engineered or not, it's here now!

    Out of 2 possible solutions for the animal not to suffer, you choose death while I choose cure. That says a lot about the state of our minds.
    Sly jan there is no cure . After a century it is what it is.it's a genetic mismatch .. I go with BT on this.

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

  19. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    So? You still fail to see the point! When there can be possible solutions to make the breed healthy and well taken care of to have a normal life, why letting it die out? Engineered or not, it's here now!

    Out of 2 possible solutions for the animal not to suffer, you choose death while I choose cure. That says a lot about the state of our minds.
    Yes indeed. Clearly one of us needs a few spoons of logic medicine.

    How do you function in life man?! LOL! Seriously?!


  20. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    19,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love dogs specially the large dogs such as GS as long as they aren't mine and therefore I don't have to take them for walks in -568 Celsius and clean after them! Best pets are snakes. My son has one pet snake, and he doesn't need to be walked, visited by vet, be groomed and eats once a month. EFFICIENT!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •