Post Thanks / Like

Klinsmann the next goal keeper of USA?

2. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting ,dad used to score for Germany and now son wants to save it for USA ! lets see how many klin-sheet Klinsman can manage ,wish him all the best .

His dad came across as a nice humble down to earth guy , I wonder if he still drives his old VW Beetle around !

4. Likes Payandeh Iran, TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    �� liked the klin sheet

Post Thanks / Like
    From the article, Klinsman University of California, which one there are 13 of them you know! Good article and @Ogabealborz, good call buddy, I was about to say something similar. Well, the young lad has good genetics, I am sure he will make a fine goalkeeper and one thing US always had was and still is a good goakeeper. He should continue with that tradition. We know that Johnathan Klinsmann has good genetics thanks to his pops. Maybe Johnathan will end up with Bayern Munchen, that would really be like father like son.

Post Thanks / Like
    university of california means berkeley.it's just called cal at times.
    it's the oldest campus,148 years old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    university of california means berkeley.it's just called cal at times. it's the oldest campus,148 years old.
    I thought Harvard was the oldest university in the US, Bologna University is the oldest one in the world through 929 years old. However, three universities were older than Bologna and they were from Islamic Empires, one of them were in Isfahan but they don't exist anymore. University of Paris and Oxford are the next oldest ones.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

Post Thanks / Like
    university of california means berkeley.it's just called cal at times.
    it's the oldest campus,148 years old.
    @Playboy I understand that but usually you say University of California, Berkeley so you know which one. Now I went to graduate business school at USC we do not have this problem, unless you bump into someone who went to the University of South Carolina haha. Anyways you say University of California Berkeley and I know people call it Cal for short(best friend studied ME at Cal while I was at Cal Poly SLO). However they call University of California the UC or UC System so the person writing the article needed to be a bit more specific. There are 13 schools in the UC system University of California could be Berkeley but it could also be Los Angeles, San Diego or Santa Cruz. Thank you for answering my question though and I believe Cal traditionally has a good college soccer program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    I thought Harvard was the oldest university in the US, Bologna University is the oldest one in the world through 929 years old. However, three universities were older than Bologna and they were from Islamic Empires, one of them were in Isfahan but they don't exist anymore. University of Paris and Oxford are the next oldest ones.
    According to this it is University of Santo Tomas(1611) but since that Uni is no longer around, at least i do not think it is that is being disputed. Some schools are saying they are the first Harvard, University of Pennsylvania and William and Marry all claim to be the oldest. Harvard and W&M were both established in 1779 and Univ of Penn says they are the oldest because they were established in 1940. To answer your question it is debatable based on your criteria.
    Oh and I know some of the oldest Public institutions are University of Virginia and Rutgers(oldest college football team in America they played in the first college football game v Harvard won 3-0. No surprise here be it public or private, all of the old Unis are back in the east coast. The west coast unis are relatively new, compared to that history. We know that Harvard, Univ of Penn plus William and Mary 's are all very old active universities but like I said that is being debated and contested right now. Each uni is going to claim that they were the first.

Post Thanks / Like
    for some reason i can't do reply with quote.when i do it i lose the space bar when typing.
    anyway i need to make my last post easier to understand since it was lost in translation.
    university of california has many campuses the oldest is the one in berkeley which is 148
    years old(that does not mean it's the oldest in the u.s. let alone the world).the next oldest
    one is the one in san francisco but that was established 5 years later since cal has never
    had a med school.so ucsf is basically cal's med school.the next oldest one is ucla which
    is 97 years old.so traditionally it is called university of california without any other suffix.
    and yes i am a cal bear alumni so i know it's history very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    for some reason i can't do reply with quote.when i do it i lose the space bar when typing.
    anyway i need to make my last post easier to understand since it was lost in translation.
    university of california has many campuses the oldest is the one in berkeley which is 148
    years old(that does not mean it's the oldest in the u.s. let alone the world).the next oldest
    one is the one in san francisco but that was established 5 years later since cal has never
    had a med school.so ucsf is basically cal's med school.the next oldest one is ucla which
    is 97 years old.so traditionally it is called university of california without any other suffix.
    and yes i am a cal bear alumni so i know it's history very well.
    That is interesting and I do not have problems with the quote, my problem is with loading pics. I think you need to put in some code like [Img/] the link plus [IMG}/ When I try the insert image route, when I click on URL, the stupid thing disappears. Also, I know that UC Berkeley is the oldest UC and there are 13 UC schools. Except for the last few years, I was born and raised in Southern California. Even when I was in the Navy, when I was not in Iraq or on deployment, I was stationed in San Diego. By the way I was considering going to one of the two good UC's for grad school UCLA or UC Berkeley but it is way too liberal for my liking. I decided on Marshall School of Business(USC) because my Post 9/11 GI Bill paid for most of the tuition. Since USC is pro military and they have a large endowment, they have some military scholarships as well available for vets. I was able to basically get the rest of the tuition taken care of through scholarships but keep this in mind. They like to give big scholarships to the undergrad. For masters you get less and for doctorate you get the least amount. It is a good thing I had the post 9/11 GI bill in my back pocket, otherwise there was no way in HELL I could afford to go to a school like USC. For my undergrad, I studied Engineering at the Crown Jewel of the Cal States, Cal Poly S.L.O. By the way, do not just assume their engineering program is weak because they are a Cal State. Cal Poly SLO's engineering program is ranked nationally in the top five to top ten, every year and rivals that of Stanford, USC, Berkeley and UCLA. The only difference is at Stanford and USC you are paying $50,000 a year. At UCLA and Berkeley you are still paying $16,000 a year. This was before they raised the tuition at Cal States but I was paying I believe $900 a quarter, until they raised it to $1600. Still, even with the tuition increase $1600 x 4(if you want to take summer school) came to $6400 or 10K less than the UC's.

This is what I did and this is what I recommend to everybody else. I do not care what in the hell you want to study, just for the love of God do not pick a social science or liberal arts degree. You want to be able to work after you graduate and engineering is your best bet but if you are not great at math and science, all is not lost. You can always major in business and have a solid foundation because that is a versatle degree. You can emphasize in HR and make a very nice living, especially if you get your certs like PHR and SBHR. Anyways, what I would suggest is for everyone to go to a two year junior college. I could have gone to a school straight out of HS but I wanted to go to a top ten engineering school so I decided to transfer. Go to a JC for two years and then transfer to a GOOD Cal State University, like Cal Poly SLO, Cal Poly Pomona, SDSU etc. Save the elite private school or UC for grad school(I say elite private school is better because smaller class sizes, more personal attention) and larger endowment). Follow that gameplan and it does not matter what state you live in, you will first of all at least cut your debt by almost half. You are paying next to nothing at a JC, when I went to Pasadena City College I was paying $11 a unit and I think it is still only $49 a unit. You are taking General Education classes anyways so it does not matter if you are at PCC or at Stanford, at least for your Freshman or Fophomore year. if you insist on the elite private school for undergrad, transfer from a JC and save yourself money. Plus, it is an easier transition from HS to JC to a Uni and transfer students are 2/3 more likely to graduate(this has been proven, they appreciate it more).