Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    I said they are similar not the same , of course as a wrestler you adopt the stance suited for what you are doing to a kicker , by reaching the same summit meaning the principal of movement to gain advantage and putting your opponent in a disadvantage is the same ,from the outside they look different depending on what type of fighting you are doing but from inside they are the same chore .

Regarding UFC and your comment on BJJ against karate or taekwondo ,it is really down to the individual merit and ability and not the style of fighting , an expert
    karateka will pick the less able BJJ fighter with a kick or a knee kick before he can reach him to take him down and vice versa applies if the BJJ guy is a better fighter .

It is not the style of fighting it is the fighter himself and his coaching and pedigree .
    I believe in the past, I made some similar remarks and I like to give this saying, "It is not the style of the art that matters rather, it is the skill of a fighter." Well I would like to add a few things that you mentioned, coaching adn pedigre but I was trying to keep it simple. That is absolutely true, talent helps but coaching and pedigree is the cherry on top. I have seen it, all it means when you are a black belt is you studied BJJ for eight years, big dam deal. A good BJJ practitioner SHOULD be able to tap someone out TWO belt classes higher. In my case as a begining purple, I should be able to tap out a 1st degree black belt, from time to time. We had a saying in the military, you can put a USMC uniform on a pu$$y but a pu$$y is still going to be a pu$$y. it is not only the size of the fighters heart, just like in mathematics, there is usually more than one variable at play.

I would sometimes watch style fights and one caught my eye because it was a MT pro fighter vs a highly skilled TKD 3rd deg black belt. It was pretty much a draw. Also, here is something I learned, just because you have a black belt in BJJ, does not mean necessarily you are going to beat me. tThat depends on several variable factors, your skill set, amount of practice time you put in, size, athleticism etc. I always say a GOOD BJJ artist SHOULD be able to, from time to time, beat someone two belts higher than them. For example, if I am a middle rank and a purple belt, I SHOULD be able to beat a black belt every now and then. Here are some tips I recommend for anyone starting ANY art. Now there is always a LIMIT am I going to beat a Gracie trained pro MMMA fighter? Hell no because anything I know, that dude knows ten times more. I think you get where I am going with this it could be another art, they could be a skilled karate grand master and kick my as$.
    Here are some tings I had to learn the hard way. If anyone is interested in martial arts or perhaps you have a kid that wants to participate, please do me a favor and read this. MARTIAL ARTS ADVICE- Does not mater what art.

1-Always grapple or strike against someone who is bigger and better than you but not overwhelmingly better because that does you no good. You want to be good enough where you can hang but they win and every time you grapple, you learn something. What good does it do you if you beat up on an unathletic scrub who never put on a pair of gluvs or martial arts gii in their life? For example if you are a good FIFA player and smash a rookie 20-0 how good will you fell about that W? Lets say someone is better than you but you can hang and you lose 4-3, in the last seconds of the game. Despite the fact that you lost, one feels better about themselves.
    3-Partner/Friend. It is always better if you can go with a partner/friend, that way the two of you can practice what you learned in class, so the movements will become fluid.
    4-In BJJ they say you need to tap out 1,000 times before you get your black belt and a black belt is just a white belt who never gave up. No matter what the hell you want to take BJJ, Krav Maga, MT, Karate whatever do not beat yourself up in the beginning and quit. I will be honest, it will humble you because people who are smaller will put tips on you. I like to get a NOTEPAD and after class spend 5-10 min writing down the main moves. Usually you learn a few a class so it does not take that long I would not take down that long. I actually stole soemthing from the miltiary the US Army 3 up 3 down method, lessons learned, one goes over three things they did well, followed by three things they did poorly.If anyone is interested in studying a martial art OR perhaps your KIDS are interested, please pass this along. I wish someone would have given me a few pointers, it certainly helps.
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 21-02-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    This wasn't World Championship, it is World Cup, and if you mean if Iran ever hosted World Championships, the answer is Yes, in 3 occasions if i am not wrong and of course women weren't competing
    So you're telling me in the world cup or world championship, men were competing in Iran while women in another country? How is that possible? Unless the time for men and women competitions are different, I don't see how UWW has accepted this.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    So you're telling me in the world cup or world championship, men were competing in Iran while women in another country? How is that possible? Unless the time for men and women competitions are different, I don't see how UWW has accepted this.
    I think they have separate times for the women's tournaments and you are right UWW would never accept same time, conflict of schedule.

4. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Yes Ali jan, i think so, i guess the women competition was somewhere else, it wasn't in Iran for sure lol

6. Likes Sly liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123