Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Haji ram kard!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    calling one culture fucked up doesn't do anything than offend some people.
    Who gives a shit? People who are offended by words suffer from mental weakness and lack of logic. No word in any language in this world should offend anyone.

    Iran has a fucked up culture in many many many aspects.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Who gives a shit? People who are offended by words suffer from mental weakness and lack of logic. No word in any language in this world should offend anyone.

    Iran has a fucked up culture in many many many aspects.
    That is your opinion, I disagree, we have one of the richest cultures in the world. And if you don't care about offending people that tell me about what type of person you are, we live in the world of globalization and respecting all cultures is the must.
    Watch this video and tell me why I shouldn't call American culture fucked up? but it is not fucked up, a group of idiots should not define that nation's culture, Iran has many problems but those problems are not because our culture is fucked up, saying anything like this is extremely ignorant and that is how problems among people initiated. There is no culture that is superior or inferior to other.
    Last edited by byebyenow; 05-05-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  3. Likes Babr liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    we live in the world of globalization and respecting all cultures is the must.
    lol!!!!! NO!


  5. Likes Henry Chinaski liked this post
  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    People who are offended by words suffer from mental weakness and lack of logic. No word in any language in this world should offend anyone.
    hummm...... ok?!

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  7. Likes byebyenow, Babr liked this post
  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    lol!!!!! NO!
    I'm sorry about your thought!
    One of our weakness is we are very emotional, and you are showing it well! "The hate of our own" which is very strong among Iranians. I don't feel the same though, I'm proud of where I'm from and my culture and oppose whoever that says otherwise.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  9. Likes Babr liked this post
  10. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    I'm sorry about your thought!
    Don't. You'll have to remain sorry for a long time. Trust me, I won't be offended by your lack of sorriness!

    One of our weakness is we are very emotional, .....I'm proud of where I'm from and my culture and oppose whoever that says otherwise.
    Ouch!


  11. Likes Henry Chinaski liked this post
  12. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not offended, I feel sorry that there are still ignorant people out there.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  13. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Ouch!
    opposing is not being emotional I oppose by arguing with logics and common sense. It is true Iranians are emotional and it is true that they hate themselves more than any other culture. These are the negative aspects of our culture but with other many positive aspects as well.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  14. Likes Babr liked this post
  15. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow
    Please do not generalize!
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow
    I never attack any culture or ethnicity even if that has to be ours
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow
    It is true Iranians are emotional and it is true that they hate themselves more than any other culture.
    Ouch!!!


  16. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Ouch!!!
    It is not attacking and offending, it is called constructive criticism, much different than saying our culture is fucked up. Being emotional is not the bad thing, lack of emotion can be bad. We deal with many problems with high level of emotions, and I can prove you with many evidence throughout history. This has caused many bad decisions and quick judgments. But again our culture enable us to create one of the greatest philosophers and poets because of this high level of emotions. So it comes with both positive and negative aspects. And you are not really adding anything into your argument.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  17. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you are not really adding anything into your argument.
    Dude! You're too easy. And I like you. It's hard to deliver a beating in a debate when you like the person. For me to prove my point, I'd have to offend the fuck out of you to make you realize how wrong you are about "being offended". I don't want to do that. Not today.


  18. Likes Henry Chinaski liked this post
  19. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Dude! You're too easy. And I like you. It's hard to deliver a beating in a debate when you like the person. For me to prove my point, I'd have to offend the fuck out of you to make you realize how wrong you are about "being offended". I don't want to do that. Not today.
    Whatever dude I guess you are not adding anything here, I also like your contribution to this site but I have to admit I get disappointed when I see comments like these which attack ethnicities and cultures in the world that is rapidly changing.
    Trust me it is extremely difficult to offend me unless you attack my family members, and since they are Iranians and calling their culture as being fucked up then it could have offended me little bit but not as much as being disappointed.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  20. Likes Babr liked this post
  21. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Dude! You're too easy. And I like you. It's hard to deliver a beating in a debate when you like the person. For me to prove my point, I'd have to offend the fuck out of you to make you realize how wrong you are about "being offended". I don't want to do that. Not today.
    So if liking someone prohibits you from offending that person, how does it justify your first idea about the so called "offensive words" which you actually think should not be offensive to anyone?!

    I mean you should just go ahead and offend!

    Ps. Getting offended by words, is not only within the Persian culture. It's withing all cultures in the world, or else the words: "offensive words" would not have existed.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  22. Likes byebyenow liked this post
  23. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    So if liking someone prohibits you from offending that person, how does it justify your first idea about the so called "offensive words" which you actually think should not be offensive to anyone?!

    I mean you should just go ahead and offend!

    Ps. Getting offended by words, is not only within the Persian culture. It's withing all cultures in the world, or else the words: "offensive words" would not have existed.
    Try to raise your game man. Try to think for a second. None of what you wrote has the slightest hint of intellectual value.

    Being offended by words is universally accepted as a negative mental habit that takes its roots from childhood damage, bad parenting and unrealized insecurities. If you can't even understand that part, I have no idea why you don't pick up a book or two and change yourself for the better.

    Do you really believe it's okay for an adult human being to be offended by words? Not that it's always possible to withstand the wave of insecurities and react in an emotional way to offensive words, but it doesn't make it okay. Being offended by words is NEVER okay. It is always wrong.

    Really, you need to raise your level of awareness. You owe it to yourself. You're not 18 anymore.


  24. Likes Henry Chinaski liked this post
  25. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Really, you need to raise your level of awareness. You owe it to yourself. You're not 18 anymore.
    LOOOOOOL.... sorry dude but talking about not getting offended by words....

    Comments like these are often made (specially by Iranians) when there is no more argument left to counter with! I remember I was walking in the city one day and encountering "mojahedin" demonstration. There was this guy who was handing out MKO flyers to everyone, saying how Iran should be free by adapting their way of regime. I told him this is not freedom. Freedom is when people vote and it's the majority of the votes that should count. So then the only thing he could say was, you haven't read the book "*****". Read it and you will understand how MKO is the regime Iran must have!

    What I said above was not difficult at all and very logical. If no one should get offended by words to you, you shouldn't care about offending someone or not, no matter if you like that person or not.

    Ps. Iranians need to understand, books are written by people and every author has his/her own opinion on matters. Scientists write articles which are based on their own research result and at times they show it by proof. but even in their case, a lot of it is based on other authors and opinions. One should be able to think him/herself and draw conclusions about what's right or wrong based on their own logic rather then basing their lives on "opinions" of others. Just saying....
    Last edited by Sly; 06-05-2017 at 07:43 AM.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •