Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    United States of Amnesia
    Posts
    1,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    players with potential

    I don't watch too many IPL matches but from what I've been able to see I think the following players are pretty promising:
    Farshid Esmaeli
    Mehdi Torabi
    Hasan Beit Saeed
    Soroush Rafiei
    Ali Ghorbani

    Are they being invited to TM? All seem to be young (under 27). Feel free to add to the list and I welcome comments about the above players.

    Also, why the heck Mild Mohammadi is playing in war-thorn Grozny?

  2. Likes Babr liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    24,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spinhead View Post
    I don't watch too many IPL matches but from what I've been able to see I think the following players are pretty promising:
    Farshid Esmaeli
    Mehdi Torabi
    Hasan Beit Saeed
    Soroush Rafiei
    Ali Ghorbani

    Are they being invited to TM? All seem to be young (under 27). Feel free to add to the list and I welcome comments about the above players.

    Also, why the heck Mild Mohammadi is playing in war-thorn Grozny?
    That is a good list.
    -Esmaili was very good for Esteghlal this year but i doubt he is type of the player CQ likes, small fancy player(remember Khalatbari).
    -Torabi will get the call next time, he had a long severe injury and even he played only one game CQ still invited him but he didn't make final list.
    -Beitsaeid is probably the best striker in Iran beside Taremi, he is not that old(27), but i beleive he is the victim of depth in this position right now(Taremi, Karim, Gucci,Sardar), but i rate him better than Sasan Ansari who made the final list.
    -Rafiee will most likely make the final list next time, but again another smallish technical player. let see..
    -I don't rate Ghorbani any better than such as Kaveh Rezaei, Morteza Tabrizi, Beitsaeid, Sasan Ansari, Sajjad Shahbazzadeh, most of these players can play behind striker role, something that CQ like to have as option, Ghorbani doesn't but he is having a good season with Esteghlal also.

  4. Likes spinhead, Payandeh Iran liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    United States of Amnesia
    Posts
    1,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    That is a good list.
    -Esmaili was very good for Esteghlal this year but i doubt he is type of the player CQ likes, small fancy player(remember Khalatbari).
    You are right. I didn't realize Esmaili is so small. That's too bad.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    24,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spinhead View Post
    You are right. I didn't realize Esmaili is so small. That's too bad.
    He also was not getting regular playing time last year with Iran u-23 team during Olympics qualification, i guess like many young players the consistency is an issue.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    United States of Amnesia
    Posts
    1,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    That is a good list.
    -Rafiee will most likely make the final list next time, but again another smallish technical player. let see..
    But he's not that small (5'9'' I understand), which is taller than Xavi, Inesta, and Messi who are all 5'7'' or 5'8''. In noticed in both recent TM matches against Qatar and China we could use a player like him. We lacked a player that could set up the Forwards. I think he could have done better than Shojaii in China game.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    24,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spinhead View Post
    But he's not that small (5'9'' I understand), which is taller than Xavi, Inesta, and Messi who are all 5'7'' or 5'8''. In noticed in both recent TM matches against Qatar and China we could use a player like him. We lacked a player that could set up the Forwards. I think he could have done better than Shojaii in China game.
    I guess both Mosalman and Rafiee are more complete players compare to him, but his main advantage beside his skill is his speed. Shojaei lack of speed is slowing Iran's transition no doubt about that.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    United States of Amnesia
    Posts
    1,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I guess both Mosalman and Rafiee are more complete players compare to him, but his main advantage beside his skill is his speed. Shojaei lack of speed is slowing Iran's transition no doubt about that.
    Yes, you are right Shojaii appeared slow against China and also in several occasions he could have made a good pass but instead elected to dribble some more (khoreh bazi). On the other hand he was quite instrumental in the goal we scored and also his pass to MM was right on the money when Milad almost scored and forced a good save from the Chinese keeper. So I guess I shouldn't complain too much about Masoud.

  10. Likes Babr liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omid Noorafkan!
    There will be no tears for us anymore and we need to work hard to make our rivals cry, 'Carlos Queiroz'

  12. Likes Babr liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    United States of Amnesia
    Posts
    1,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arash_Naeni View Post
    Omid Noorafkan!
    Yes, he's is pretty impressive too. Looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    24,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Nourafkan is good also and he is only 19! He seems to be a good kid just like JB, he needs to move to Europe soon.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    United States of Amnesia
    Posts
    1,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Yes Nourafkan is good also and he is only 19! He seems to be a good kid just like JB, he needs to move to Europe soon.
    He was not very impressive in today's game. Kind of invisible.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •