Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    One Flamenco and acoustic could get the job done with Cajun.
    Ya good call babr jan as an avid music afficianito I aree and was stationed in East Mississippi, am very familiar with southern gentleman Louisianan culture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Sure, anytime you add more similar instruments it add different flavor but honestly 5 are too many in this case.
    Maybe thy are trying something similar to Gypsy king ,they have a whole football team of 11 with guitars !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    It does ,you can go back 60 years and listen to some beautiful music by Vigen ,how about "Ageh yeh rooz " by Aslani ,Ebbi's music etc.... 2 panjereh by Googoosh ,hamsafar by Googoosh .
    there are many examples that you can find traditional persian instrument like Taar ,tombak,daff with western instruments married together in harmony to make beautiful music ,some of Mahasti's music just before the revolution .
    I could agree with you on some songs of Wigan . The others are just simple pop 6/8 that you can put any words on them . Melodies like 2 Panjereh , Hamsafar are very similar and it works only in Farsi . Try to translate it in English, they don't work . Which gender do you put them in western music?

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadersan View Post
    I could agree with you on some songs of Wigan . The others are just simple pop 6/8 that you can put any words on them . Melodies like 2 Panjereh , Hamsafar are very similar and it works only in Farsi . Try to translate it in English, they don't work . Which gender do you put them in western music?

I would just call them pop music (with my limited knowledge) ,as you said most persian songs are in 6/8 . I would say most of our pop music have been inspired by western pop songs ,spanish and latin . I was listening to one of Farhad songs composed by Monfaredzadeh and it was so similar to " night in white satin " melody .

but my point is you can marry persian lyrics to western pop music and it has been done for a long time ,unless there are some music experts and geniuses who can change the mode and scales of western pop music and arrange them in persian scales and modes and make them sound good with guitar and organs and bass guitar etc.. (which I am not aware of ).

Listen to "yeh shabeh mahtab " by Farhad with its famous melody that everyone can recall and see how similar it is to "night in white satin"
    Last edited by oghabealborz; 18-04-2017 at 12:33 PM.

5. Likes Nadersan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not so many has tried to put words into good western music a lot of singers have the voice which would work .
    This guy who does the song " Mostafa " (don't know his name ) His voice would perfectly do on for example Sultans of swing .
    I should take my statement back about Farsi , unfortunately very few good artists try . This voice below is an example which works perfectly , I have sent it before,
    https://youtu.be/ZLmvwPHXQ3s

Post Thanks / Like
    Not so many has tried to put words into good western music a lot of singers have the voice which would work .
    This guy who does the song " Mostafa " (don't know his name ) His voice would perfectly do on for example Sultans of swing .
    I should take my statement back about Farsi , unfortunately very few good artists try . This voice below is an example which works perfectly , I have sent it before,
    https://youtu.be/ZLmvwPHXQ3s

Well the point is inspiration and not necessarily copying the whole song and melody , in fact there are tons of western pop and rock that sound so similar as they use the same chords and modes and sometimes they clash .

there was a long dispute between Led zeplin and Eric clapton on a song that clapton did called "cross roads " and the famous zeplin song "stairway to heaven" which zeplin claimed he has taken their melody and use it in that song .

There is no reason why you can't put persian words and compose a pop music using western scales and modes with western instruments like electric guitar ,acoustic guitar and bass and organs and drums and even mix in a sound of santoor and taar and daf and make some awesome music ... after all 6/8 is a western beat 1,2,3 ...4,5,6 ....

this chap that you posted has done very well but his music is similar to those that shahram shabpareh used to do many years ago ,now that you put up this zemestoon song ,how about listening to zemestoon by Afshin Moghadam RIP and see what a beautiful music and lyrics with his lovely vocals it is .

Post Thanks / Like

One of the few decent ....

@oghab
    The words in our songs are mostly poetically beautiful and we beat most of the western songs when it comes to text,
    Most early Beatles, stones were just nonsense if you read them without music on
    2000 Dariush , Hamsafar googoosh Kando Ebi..., as you mentioned Zemeston Afshin . Just beautiful words . But the melodies are very similar to each other so you can use it for several different lyrics.
    Satars earlier works are good examples
    Shame akhar, raghib,,Hamsafar

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nadersan; 18-04-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i take soundgarden over this anyday...

but no judgement whatever floats your boat
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    i take soundgarden over this anyday...

but no judgement whatever floats your boat

How about this one ?

11. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @oghab
    The words in our songs are mostly poetically beautiful and we beat most of the western songs when it comes to text,
    Most early Beatles, stones were just nonsense if you read them without music on
    2000 Dariush , Hamsafar googoosh Kando Ebi..., as you mentioned Zemeston Afshin . Just beautiful words . But the melodies are very similar to each other so you can use it for several different lyrics.
    Satars earlier works are good examples
    Shame akhar, raghib,,Hamsafar

True about beatles early days , but they were young kids and remember no one had done anything like that before , I heard Macca said when they were in Hamburg as an unknown group of English lads they were doing covers of other singers songs and sometimes what they were going to do the group before had done it so they start thinking writing their own ,their music and charisma connected with the youth of those days and you know the rest .

Funny thing was when John and Paul met up and started playing music together John didn't even know any guitar chords and was playing ukelale(spelling) chords !

But I agree with you ,well poetry is one of the bright stars of our land ,we have been blessed with Ferdosi, Khayyam, Saadi, Hafez , Molana ... and the list goes for miles reaching today's poets .

the songs you mentioned are classic ,sattar has some excellent songs ,Golleh kaghazi is another one of his early works which is brilliant and the music is in that song more jazz than pop , I also loved Nasser Cheshmazar work with Toofan and their songs together ,that is another good example how western pop mixed so well with persian , khodaayeh asemoonha ,panjereh and even toofan sang a traditional Marziyeh song "Aghrabeh zolfeh kajet" in pop and did a great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    How about this one ?
    Inkeh mashregh mizaneh maghreb mikhooneh !

It's good if you want to go on a diet ,each time you feel hungry put this on and you be all right !

14. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this one ?
    Do you have his agent's nr ?
    We have wedding coming soon , he would be perfect.
    I have booked this guys but can cancel them
    https://youtu.be/co_nCtj3gcM

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Cheshmazar , toofan , Yaghmai were ahead of others in writing differently from the others who followed the same pattern.
    The lyrics in Sale 2000 reminds one of George Orwel 's book 1984

Post Thanks / Like
    How about this one ?
    beautiful. simply lovely. i think he did a duo with Rod Stewart during Tasooa in meydoon toop khooneh
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

18. Likes Nadersan, Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    beautiful. simply lovely. i think he did a duo with Rod Stewart during Tasooa in meydoon toop khooneh

.loooooooool

20. Likes keyvan_pars liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12