Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 94
  1. #46
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardesheer View Post
    You know, it does not surprise me how dumb some people are anymore. How would a human brain work to make the above weird conclusions from what I said, I don't know. But then again, there are plenty of dumb people to celebrate stupidity.

    Dawkins is just a regular person. Nothing more. My point: he has contributed more to humanity than a bunch of charlatans that lied about being God's messengers. Get it? Wanna hear something scary? You have contributed more to humanity than Mohammad, Ali, Jesus (if existed) and Bahaolah, etc.
    I made a joke about Dawkins, you took the joke seriously and started an argument based on a joke.

    Nothing left to say about intelligence and conclusions.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    I made a joke about Dawkins, you took the joke seriously and started an argument based on a joke.

    Nothing left to say about intelligence and conclusions.
    That's why I started by saying I don't know if you are joking or not. Now you say you were joking, that's fine.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    No shit.



    Because I don't care about scales or quantification about how much one believes in fairytales, that's what makes me 5-6 and Dawkins at 6.5. I prefer Science and Research, be it quantitative or qualitative.

    So my lack of caring takes a point off me.
    You may be a doctor or a scientist, and a smart guy, but your writing does not attest to that. What you wrote above makes no sense. Also, I am not here to win arguments, because the point is to convey a message and not to convert. I also don't want to deal with childish behavior of some who think about winning arguments rather than learning from discussions. So, "no shit" describes that sort of childish attitude.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardesheer View Post
    You may be a doctor or a scientist, and a smart guy, but your writing does not attest to that. What you wrote above makes no sense. Also, I am not here to win arguments, because the point is to convey a message and not to convert. I also don't want to deal with childish behavior of some who think about winning arguments rather than learning from discussions. So, "no shit" describes that sort of childish attitude.
    Ardesheer, let's be fair for a minute. Perhaps the Dr was not born in the west. You seem to have a good grasp of the English language so I am going to say you were born in the west or spent time here. English is one of the toughest languages for foreigners to learn and not everyone was a sports journalism major. As for Dr, I studied Mechanical Engineering and have a STEM background. It is not necessary to be a great writer in order to be successful, in that field. You need to be able to think critically and analytically. As long as you have that, you are golden, even if you speak like
    ve live in Los Ange-les estop it haha.I do not have these issues because of my diverse European ethnic background, I was born in the USA so I speak with no accent and society views me as an American Hero, a vet. I have a strong command of the Russian language and even Ger-man, and can fully understand, same with Farsi but less. If you ask me to formulate a sentence in Russian, I can do it but it will be probably piss poor grammar. Someone will think I a dumb but I was just not born in Russia or Iran. When I go to my Bayern Munchen fan club of LV and my friends talk to me in Ger-man I answer then ja or nein but ask me to formulate a sentence and we have problems. Plus, Spanish has about 100,000 words, where as English has 1,000,000 words so it is a very difficult language to learn top 5
    Mandarian, Arabi, German, English, Russian, according to the Navy/USMC. They will give you $500 a month extra, I am fluent in Farsi but not writing so I could not apss that test. You have to get a 2/3 in reading comprehension, writing and listening YA RIGHT, I get where foreigners have problems, I struggle when I visit fam in DE or Russ. I was born in BH 90210 so English, no problem. BTW I am better at forming sentences in Russian somehow that language is easy for me and I have no idea why.
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 22-04-2017 at 05:18 AM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardesheer View Post
    You may be a doctor or a scientist, and a smart guy, but your writing does not attest to that. What you wrote above makes no sense. Also, I am not here to win arguments, because the point is to convey a message and not to convert. I also don't want to deal with childish behavior of some who think about winning arguments rather than learning from discussions. So, "no shit" describes that sort of childish attitude.
    lol, i re read his comment due to your reply.

    i think, i might be wrong here, but i think, he is only in the comment above kind of 'vicious circling' himself.

    he says i don't care about scales .... i prefer science and research, be it qualitative or quantitative.
    well, I know enough about research to say the point of research is to shed some light on the unknown and how do you do that by 'trying' to somehow make it known or at least go towards some methods to see if it is possible to make it known.
    isn't that a direct attempt to scale things???
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    Ardesheer, let's be fair for a minute. Perhaps the Dr was not born in the west. You seem to have a good grasp of the English language so I am going to say you were born in the west or spent time here. English is one of the toughest languages for foreigners to learn and not everyone was a sports journalism major. As for Dr, I studied Mechanical Engineering and have a STEM background. It is not necessary to be a great writer in order to be successful, in that field. You need to be able to think critically and analytically. As long as you have that, you are golden, even if you speak like
    ve live in Los Ange-les estop it haha.I do not have these issues because of my diverse European ethnic background, I was born in the USA so I speak with no accent and society views me as an American Hero, a vet. I have a strong command of the Russian language and even Ger-man, and can fully understand, same with Farsi but less. If you ask me to formulate a sentence in Russian, I can do it but it will be probably piss poor grammar. Someone will think I a dumb but I was just not born in Russia or Iran. When I go to my Bayern Munchen fan club of LV and my friends talk to me in Ger-man I answer then ja or nein but ask me to formulate a sentence and we have problems. Plus, Spanish has about 100,000 words, where as English has 1,000,000 words so it is a very difficult language to learn top 5
    Mandarian, Arabi, German, English, Russian, according to the Navy/USMC. They will give you $500 a month extra, I am fluent in Farsi but not writing so I could not apss that test. You have to get a 2/3 in reading comprehension, writing and listening YA RIGHT, I get where foreigners have problems, I struggle when I visit fam in DE or Russ. I was born in BH 90210 so English, no problem. BTW I am better at forming sentences in Russian somehow that language is easy for me and I have no idea why.
    we are all here, equal no matter where we were born or how we were raised.

    as it is in real life, you are responsible for what comes out of your mouth (or in this case what comes out of your keyboard)

    being raised here and there or taught this and that is not an excuse in the age of internet. even shacks in sri lanka have some sort of internet connection.

    you are not sure about something you go read on them
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  7. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
  8. #52
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    and here i will come full circle in where this post started:

    dawkins suggested to his daughter:

    instead of relying on:
    - tradition
    - authority
    - inner voices

    ask for proof and evidence.


    i thought of an example: (instead of babbling about imaginary bullshit scenarios)

    if jesus, allah, bahaollah, zeus, amon Ra has an answer for everything (obviously in the bible or apostles), can you guys suggest a way they would have helped this man:

    - by helping him with his illness
    - allowing him to enjoy life like other 'creations' of god
    - experience joy in life instead of constant pain and misery

    and secondly, whey did god create this man prone to such suffering? what kind of god does this?

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...-ill-1.3829839

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...cacy-1.4080553
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  9. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
  10. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    we are all here, equal no matter where we were born or how we were raised.

    as it is in real life, you are responsible for what comes out of your mouth (or in this case what comes out of your keyboard)

    being raised here and there or taught this and that is not an excuse in the age of internet. even shacks in sri lanka have some sort of internet connection.

    you are not sure about something you go read on them
    Well I agree with you on that and I do not know the history of this forum like you guys. I have only been here for a couple of years but I respect your open mindedness, your tolerance and bruderliche danke komrade, you are a true friend! We are responsible for the words that come out of our mouths or keyboard. Somehow, I noticed people act very brave to me on a keyboard but when they bump into me face to face, they are not as brave, they are respectful(just an observation). It does not matter if you were born here or there, you mom was born in Iran or Munchen that is jut za zuft lahm ist nicht gut. There are good and bad people everywhere but I suggest If you are NOT the best orator or writer, perhaps keep the posts to one sentence. Lincoln stole this from the Bible Proverbs 17:28(I had to be the religious petty officer in boot camp you can't say no). Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt. Personally I see Islam Judaism or Christianty as more or less the same but with a different twist.
    Islam-Bend your knees and pray on Friday, Judiasm-Bend your knees and pray on Saturday and Christian-Bend your and pray on Sunday(Minus Sad Day Advantages). I was trying to say English is tough for foreigners to master, especially the accent.
    I do not believe in people: KILLING in the name of GOD,hear voices in a cave, the earth is 5,000 years old, virgin births, praying to the WALL or any of that nonsense, I do not have time for those childish things. I respect other people's opinions but if you are one of those three above then I must respectfully disagree. War is different, you follow orders or they will convict you of treason, if you kill because someone prays to a different God or hate someone because of that, you have ROCKS FOR BRAINS!
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 22-04-2017 at 03:53 PM.

  11. #54
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    Well I agree with you on that and I do not know the history of this forum like you guys. I have only been here for a couple of years but I respect your open mindedness, your tolerance and bruderliche danke komrade, you are a true friend! We are responsible for the words that come out of our mouths or keyboard. Somehow, I noticed people act very brave to me on a keyboard but when they bump into me face to face, they are not as brave, they are respectful(just an observation). It does not matter if you were born here or there, you mom was born in Iran or Munchen that is jut za zuft lahm ist nicht gut. There are good and bad people everywhere but I suggest If you are NOT the best orator or writer, perhaps keep the posts to one sentence. Lincoln stole this from the Bible Proverbs 17:28(I had to be the religious petty officer in boot camp you can't say no). Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.
    silence in some cases is the most intelligent thing to be or to do. I have seen in many cross sections of my life that silent people are thought of by normal people to be the most intelligent.

    Personally I see Islam Judaism or Christianty as more or less the same but with a different twist.
    totally. different versions of the same babble.
    great business practice though.
    it is like you watch commercials the lady with the nice firm tits and colgate smile tells you such and such juice does not have any added sugar (as if it is a plus). as if the manufacturer of the product is doing us a favor not putting added sugar in their juice.
    it is like a thug telling me don't worry i won't knife you as if he is doing me a favor.
    fucking babble to bend minds towards collection boxes (curtained off boxes in mecca, collection boxes in Mississippi, b brith in new york etc etc ), i see these religions as important of telemarketing scams there were going on a few years ago ...
    now the question is we have to think and read up on how they became so successful starting with Assyrians, Persians and the the semites. once we do a root cause analysis of that we can rid humanity of this as we did with Syphillis and polio

    Islam-Bend your knees and pray on Friday, Judiasm-Bend your knees and pray on Saturday and Christian-Bend your and pray on Sunday(Minus Sad Day Advantages). I was trying to say English is tough for foreigners to master, especially the accent.
    I do not believe in people: KILLING in the name of GOD,hear voices in a cave, the earth is 5,000 years old, virgin births, praying to the WALL or any of that nonsense, I do not have time for those childish things. I respect other people's opinions but if you are one of those three above then I must respectfully disagree. War is different, you follow orders or they will convict you of treason, if you kill because someone prays to a different God or hate someone because of that, you have ROCKS FOR BRAINS!
    that is where i differ with you.

    i only respect opinions that deserve my respect. however, i don't go out of my way to shit on people unless if they start to share their opinion with the world, then i fuck them up to the best of my ability. (by fuck them up i mean the people of god and not normal human beings)

    someone tells me it is ok in my opinion or belief to fuck a 9 year old girl just because she has had her period, not only i don't respect that opinion, if it is in my power i will go out my way to hurt that mother fucker. the only difference is in the past hurt was physical, now you call the police or a lawyer and sue the mother fucker.

    and please note i am not even saying this is a guy who has done this, he is a guy who says it is OK to believe in this. to me they are one and the same. how can i respect his opinion.

    liberals say, it is our human rights to disagree with someone peacefully. yeah well tell that to the population of fucking paris.
    or the firemen that died in the world trade center as they were burning to the cinder i am sure they thought of the liberal saying that it is ok to agree to disagree.

    not in my fucking backyard. that is what i say.

    you want to exercise child bride, slave trade, group worship of darth vader or tooth fairy do it in your fuckng home.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  12. #55
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardesheer View Post
    That's why I started by saying I don't know if you are joking or not. Now you say you were joking, that's fine.
    fair enough. next time I will make a smiley.

  13. #56
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    Ardesheer, let's be fair for a minute. Perhaps the Dr was not born in the west. You seem to have a good grasp of the English language so I am going to say you were born in the west or spent time here. English is one of the toughest languages for foreigners to learn and not everyone was a sports journalism major. As for Dr, I studied Mechanical Engineering and have a STEM background. It is not necessary to be a great writer in order to be successful, in that field. You need to be able to think critically and analytically. As long as you have that, you are golden, even if you speak like
    ve live in Los Ange-les estop it haha.I do not have these issues because of my diverse European ethnic background, I was born in the USA so I speak with no accent and society views me as an American Hero, a vet. I have a strong command of the Russian language and even Ger-man, and can fully understand, same with Farsi but less. If you ask me to formulate a sentence in Russian, I can do it but it will be probably piss poor grammar. Someone will think I a dumb but I was just not born in Russia or Iran. When I go to my Bayern Munchen fan club of LV and my friends talk to me in Ger-man I answer then ja or nein but ask me to formulate a sentence and we have problems. Plus, Spanish has about 100,000 words, where as English has 1,000,000 words so it is a very difficult language to learn top 5
    Mandarian, Arabi, German, English, Russian, according to the Navy/USMC. They will give you $500 a month extra, I am fluent in Farsi but not writing so I could not apss that test. You have to get a 2/3 in reading comprehension, writing and listening YA RIGHT, I get where foreigners have problems, I struggle when I visit fam in DE or Russ. I was born in BH 90210 so English, no problem. BTW I am better at forming sentences in Russian somehow that language is easy for me and I have no idea why.
    a) Doctor is a Cambridge graduate.
    b) English is the simplest language in the world to learn for many reasons. Even easier than Mandarian and Tangarian.

  14. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    i know you are used to be told what to do ... the 'what' instead of 'how',
    he is trying to open a new door for his daughter.

    by quoting him, i am trying to share my interest with the forum. that is all.
    if you are questioning dawkins go on his website and question him. i am sure he will promptly reply. good luck !
    I wasn't questioning Dawkins. I was questioning your approach to his ideas and your post about them in the forum. But I got my answer in your reply and your replies to other people in this thread! "NOW" your statements make more sense.

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  15. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    a) Doctor is a Cambridge graduate.
    b) English is the simplest language in the world to learn for many reasons. Even easier than Mandarian and Tangarian.
    Well definately Mandarian is the toughest language to learn because it is a TONAL language and they use characters, not alphabets. If the Doctor is a graduate of Cambridge, DAAAAMMMM!!!!!! Thank you for the historiche komrades and I answered Keyvan Pars jan and you that I do not care much for religion and why. Damert garm rafeeg e khob. Agar Engilis boodeh vase dars to ye CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY Danesga ye Cambridge((Btw visited Oxford and Cambridge campuses and Stratford birth place of William Shakespeare), bayad Englis khoob harf bezaneh man nefaman chi shod? (sorry this is my piss poor farsi writing)

    If you are a Cambridge grad, then you should speak fluent English. My dad was even thinking of sending me there, as a guest student so I could learn English style of debating because I was in Forensics back in college, Oh well, perhaps in another life and I am well versed in Robert's Rules of Orders. I must say I like the Dr, he has been kind to me but the two do not mesh. You are in one of the most prestegious universities in the world, you should speak and write English flawlessly. I don't know if he is still in the UK or went back home perhaps that might explain it.
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 22-04-2017 at 06:57 PM.

  16. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    About the subject i have to say, people like Dawkins are nothing special or new to this world. These poor souls have always been the powerless try of the very little minority who were able to free themselves from this overwhelmingly devastating idea of god and religion. There have been people before and there will be people after Dawkins who will try to tell us to stay away from this shit but the thing is the majority of humans are just a brown bag full of horse shit and they act accordingly. That brainless, weak, and kharkosse majority -as always- will easily suppress and if necessary even kill and mute that little minority who will try to get their gods and their sharlatans (aka prophets) aways from them. Heck this majority is such a rotten crowd, they even made people to prophets and religious leaders who actually never intended to be one like Jesus or Zarathustra. I always have to think about the book of Nietzsche "thus spoke zarathustra" and his protagonist an "overman" (‹bermensch). As long as this low profile and haghir human race is not able to produce more "overmen", as long as subhumans are the absolute majority, people like Dawkins will always be like a drop in the sea of a very threatening and harmful dumbness.
    I hear what you are saying and I am studying up on your boy a bit, I need to brush up on some of his works this is a good summary background, now I know what your avatar means. I will research him, study his books and we can have some conversations in private, if you wish. I believe this Dawkins gentleman has a kind soul but Afrika is Afrika and Nigeria at the time was under English rule, most of Afrika was under some European boot. I have been t: Khartoom, Sudan Somolia, Mogadishu, Morocco, Marakesh, Egypt, Chairo, Kenya, safari and Nairobi just to name a few. I understand the cultural differences between the Greater Horn of Africa, North Afrika and Sub Sahara Afrika. BTW I have a phobia of needles and those shots hurt and T.I.A(This is Afrika). I only have not ventured to SA but that is on the bucket list, after I visit some slava countries, I would like to go with a friend to Kiev and Donesk, scope out Ukraine so I can understand the Cossacki culture a bit more. He was a musician and a mathematician damesh garm!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_ChinaskI got to study Nieche and Zarthursta(the one religion I respect btw I learned his alter ego was Harry Chinaski his real name is Charles Bukowski, which means he was a Polska Slava because usually ski's are Polska. I like studying my own so I will revisit this, once I finish up with Spanish and take care of some business(I am going to State Corrections Neada big boy prison as a C.O very shortly so I have other priorities but now I get why you like im)
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 22-04-2017 at 06:58 PM.

  17. #60
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    About the subject i have to say, people like Dawkins are nothing special or new to this world. These poor souls have always been the powerless try of the very little minority who were able to free themselves from this overwhelmingly devastating idea of god and religion. There have been people before and there will be people after Dawkins who will try to tell us to stay away from this shit but the thing is the majority of humans are just a brown bag full of horse shit and they act accordingly. That brainless, weak, and kharkosse majority -as always- will easily suppress and if necessary even kill and mute that little minority who will try to get their gods and their sharlatans (aka prophets) aways from them. Heck this majority is such a rotten crowd, they even made people to prophets and religious leaders who actually never intended to be one like Jesus or Zarathustra. I always have to think about the book of Nietzsche "thus spoke zarathustra" and his protagonist an "overman" (‹bermensch). As long as this low profile and haghir human race is not able to produce more "overmen", as long as subhumans are the absolute majority, people like Dawkins will always be like a drop in the sea of a very threatening and harmful dumbness.
    my father, on his annual visits to Germany, purchased the newly printed version of Mein kampf and he mentioned something a little similar, i don't know if you are familiar with it ...

    the creators of culture
    the carriers of culture
    the destroyers of culture
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  18. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •