Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Results 181 to 186 of 186
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Yes but how many other cases do you know where a team sells the star player, invests in new players, and comes back stronger? The only other 2 cases are Inter with Zlatan and Juve this season. Otherwise, there's a reason the star player is the star player.

    Can't argue much with the rest. But as said, my point is that Zidane as top10 all time which many consider, is debatable.
    I can't speak for him being top ten, he is definitely not Messi or Ronaldo but he was one of the best since I watched football. But I agree some people made him god for no reason maybe because of that two header goals in the final.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    40,832
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one ever had the ball control zidane had. He had a dazzling technic every time he touched the ball. Unfortunately we are back to the same baseless discussion of comparing the players

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    No one ever had the ball control zidane had. He had a dazzling technic every time he touched the ball. Unfortunately we are back to the same baseless discussion of comparing the players
    Dude you keep bringing up this whole "comparing players" as if it's a god-forbidden sin. You say it as if it's completely logical NOT to compare players, and you say it with such an authoritative stance that it makes me wonder why you think you are so right?!

    A sport is an framework of comparison at its core. Competition and comparison go hand in hand. If we go by your logic, everybody should just do whatever the fuck they want and they're not to be qualified or quantified against any set of measures. That's not how the world functions.


  4. Likes byebyenow liked this post
  5. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    40,832
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Dude you keep bringing up this whole "comparing players" as if it's a god-forbidden sin. You say it as if it's completely logical NOT to compare players, and you say it with such an authoritative stance that it makes me wonder why you think you are so right?!

    A sport is an framework of comparison at its core. Competition and comparison go hand in hand. If we go by your logic, everybody should just do whatever the fuck they want and they're not to be qualified or quantified against any set of measures. That's not how the world functions.
    There is never a same goal as there is never a same player in this game. Players are like DNA and never match a pair. Go ahead compare eto'o and inzaghi or xavi and pirlo and get back to me.
    Indefinite discussion and useless.

    Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

  6. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    36,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    There is never a same goal as there is never a same player in this game. Players are like DNA and never match a pair. Go ahead compare eto'o and inzaghi or xavi and pirlo and get back to me.
    Indefinite discussion and useless.
    First: Please turn off your Tapatalk auto-signature.

    So what if Players are like DNA and never match?

    Even DNAs can be compared in traits and probability of success in different aspects.

    Comparing football players is much simpler actually. In modern football, Eto'o wins against Inzaghi (due to more technical abilities) and Xavi barely wins against Pirlo (due to less volatility in performance). Simple as that.


  7. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    40,832
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    First: Please turn off your Tapatalk auto-signature.

    So what if Players are like DNA and never match?

    Even DNAs can be compared in traits and probability of success in different aspects.

    Comparing football players is much simpler actually. In modern football, Eto'o wins against Inzaghi (due to more technical abilities) and Xavi barely wins against Pirlo (due to less volatility in performance). Simple as that.
    Come on dude. Are you serious ? This is how you compare players? Because one have technical ability over the other ? ok what ability ? Shooting, dribbling , heading or scoring ? from long range, close range ? Do you have all the data to base your assessment ? Are they playing in the same system ?

    Even DNAs can be compared
    They can't and you know what I mean then.... that comparison is preference not quality . If you prefer to have Xavi instead of Pirlo then that does not mean one is better than the other . because it means as a coach you have to play same style of game over and over so you can pick either , or

    You see this is why I say this is a useless discussion . But ignore me and compare whoever with whoever and dont listen to me ... that was just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Real Madrid; Yesterday at 09:10 PM.

 

 
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •