Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many issues that one has to consider when looking at ones legacy as being the best ever and I like to note that the measuring stick or the factors involved in this very complicated equation is one that can be measured differently by a different fan. If we were to assign values to a set of skills that would determine who stands taller we can look at factors such as (Growth of the game contribution/impact, longevity, talent, Trophies {club and international}, Performance at big games, Leadership, etc). Also they need to be looked upon within their own time frames too as the game has evolved heavily as where during all the world cups and in football up until the 1970 Mexico games no yellow or red cards existed. So someone like a Pele was heavily targeted and hit without any punishment by many players. The age factor which he heavily aided Brazil to win 58 and their first world cup for an 18 year old is another factor that makes Pele the greatest ever. Messi has lacked in the areas of leadership and international trophies. He also lacks playing for a lower ranked team and actually making them good and bringing them up. That being said he posses certain characteristics in terms of game vision, scoring, ball handling, changing the outcome of the game and many records. Maradona did take a lower ranked team with Napoli and made them champions and also possess leadership, individual talent, the international trophy, and club success in terms of taking a mediocre team and making it great. My whole point of this is there are many factors we can look at. But at the end of the day we can never really reach a full conclusion as who is better in terms of the best of ever. I think we need to look at players in 10 year intervals and judge them based on that. Having a player of the decade. That would be more meaningful and in tune with the times!

PS: Not only Zidane should be top 10 I would rather say he would be top 5. If we were to look at players in terms of greatness when it came to decades this is how it would go in my opinion. Please share your thoughts.

1958-1970...... Pele
    1970-1980......Cryuff, Beckenbaur
    1980-1990....Maradona
    1990-1996...Not really sure who to put here as the most dominant player
    1996-2006...Zidane
    2006-Current....Messi

2. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post

1958-1970...... Pele
    1970-1980......Cryuff, Beckenbaur
    1980-1990....Maradona
    1996-2006...Zidane
    2006-Current....Messi
    1958-1970 Pele and Di Stefano
    1970-1980 Cruyff and Baconbagher
    1980-1984 Platini
    1984-1990 Maradona
    1990-1996 Baggio
    1996-1999 OG Ronaldo
    1999-2003 Zidane
    2003-2006 Ronaldinho
    2006-2008 Kaka
    2008 - Messi

4. Likes OSTAD POOYA, byebyenow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like your selection as a whole except for Kaka. For some reason I see him as not performing to all the hype or the potential he had to become something really great but never capitalized. Besides that they all deserve to be there for a period in which they were simply the best in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your selection as a whole except for Kaka. For some reason I see him as not performing to all the hype or the potential he had to become something really great but never capitalized. Besides that they all deserve to be there for a period in which they were simply the best in the world.
    Kaka in Milan was an outstanding player, he was dominating every game from 2004-2007 for Milan, scoring ten goals in CL in 2007 and won the trophy which he was the most influencal player for them. His move to Madrid ruined his career like many other players.
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

7. Likes Mahdi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baggio
    Forza La Vecchia Signora

9. Likes OSTAD POOYA, Mahdi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    Baggio
    My love for the Brazilians of the 1990's has me a bit biased but yes the divine ponytail was something very special indeed.

Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaka for around 2 years when Ronaldinho faded and Messi wasn't the best yet was like Jesus walking on water. Watch how he took apart ManU in 2006/2007. 2008 Milan's team was too old, but Kaka was mesmerizing to watch for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by byebyenow View Post
    Baggio
    Always Baggio.

My love for the Brazilians of the 1990's has me a bit biased but yes the divine ponytail was something very special indeed.
    Baggio was the only reason there was a final between Brazil and Italy. We will never know what would have happened if he actually had healthy knees.

12. Likes OSTAD POOYA, byebyenow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post

Baggio was the only reason there was a final between Brazil and Italy. We will never know what would have happened if he actually had healthy knees.
    Indeed so. What a game and what a final. A true world cup classic and the most famous miss of all time! Baggio did make a good return in 1998 too. I remember he scored a PK in their first game against Chile. And again against France in the PK shootout. He had nerves of Steel.

14. Likes byebyenow liked this post

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213