Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time management

Post Thanks / Like

Time management

Hello guys,

I have a one and half year old son. His coming to this life has been the most amazing thing that has happened to my family. He has brought so much joy to my wife and I as well as my parents. However, I find myself have less and less time to do a lot of other things that I used to do. I am just wondering how do you guys deal with time management. We are thinking about the second kid and I think that will be the end of it LOL

Your input is appreciated

2. Likes TeamMeli, Payandeh Iran, YePaDoPa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    too many variables,
    what type of job do you have ?
    what other things that you used to do? (be prepared not to do them for a good three four years)
    when are you sending your child to daycare ? i mean at what age
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    too many variables,
    what type of job do you have ?
    what other things that you used to do? (be prepared not to do them for a good three four years)
    when are you sending your child to daycare ? i mean at what age
    Managing a start up engineering company (which is a huge amount of work)
    gym daily, tennis, indoor soccer, always reading new things, practicing piano
    I am going to send him to preschool but he has a nany now since my wife works

Post Thanks / Like
    However, I find myself have less and less time to do a lot of other things that I used to do.
    You'd be lucky to keep a job/business while raising a kid. Forget about everything else. You're done man. Khoda rahmatet koneh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    You'd be lucky to keep a job/business while raising a kid. Forget about everything else. You're done man. Khoda rahmatet koneh.
    There has to be a better solution

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess a guy like Nader(PI) among active members who raised two kids in probably similar situation is the best person to answer your question.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you. I am blessed with two little boys. Now 6 and 7 years old. One is in kindergarten the other just started first grade. You do not belong to yourself anymore and there is no time management in the world that can assist you. You will learn to do everything with and around your kids. Last night for example I took the little guy and we went for a cruse around town and as he says chilled in the car listen to music. I use to do that with my buddies and go out for a beer. I use to play volleyball in professional leagues, ski at least 20 times a season with friends, and play/go to soccer games. Now I do all this stuff with the boys and would be lucky to have a poker night once a month with my friends. Good luck, if you found a management app/solution do let us know....but I have to tell you, I love it and I would not change it with the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    Hello guys,

I have a one and half year old son. His coming to this life has been the most amazing thing that has happened to my family. He has brought so much joy to my wife and I as well as my parents. However, I find myself have less and less time to do a lot of other things that I used to do. I am just wondering how do you guys deal with time management. We are thinking about the second kid and I think that will be the end of it LOL

Fortunately or unfortunately I got no kids. As they say if you dont have any you have one problem but once you have it then you have 1000 problems ... there are things you dont need experience to give comments. it's so simple. It all depends what kind of father you wanna be ? and Apathetic one or a caring one ? if the latter then you don't own your own life from the time you hear the magic word from your wife leave alone now .

You gotta put every thing on hold not until he goes to school , not until he goes to university not until the day he gets married and have children , just until the day you breath, and I am talking about Persian parents standard

So overall dont waste your time with time management and etc ...

10. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter, tajrish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat_Ali2006 View Post
    I can tell you. I am blessed with two little boys. Now 6 and 7 years old. One is in kindergarten the other just started first grade. You do not belong to yourself anymore and there is no time management in the world that can assist you. You will learn to do everything with and around your kids. Last night for example I took the little guy and we went for a cruse around town and as he says chilled in the car listen to music. I use to do that with my buddies and go out for a beer. I use to play volleyball in professional leagues, ski at least 20 times a season with friends, and play/go to soccer games. Now I do all this stuff with the boys and would be lucky to have a poker night once a month with my friends. Good luck, if you found a management app/solution do let us know....but I have to tell you, I love it and I would not change it with the world.
    Thanks ... I wouldn't change it for the world either .... I am super committed and love spending time with him ... however, when he sleeps at around 8:30, my work just starts ... so I find myself 2:00 AM sleeping when I get up 5:00 to go to gym .... Around Thursday and Friday, I am so tired during the day, it is not funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    when I get up 5:00 to go to gym
    Terrible idea. Gym makes no sense if you're not getting enough sleep. Forget gym. Get fat. You will need it when starvation arrives because of his school tuition.

13. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehe so true BT. I hear you, Iran-Esteghlal-Inter, I recall those days/nights. Honestly every parent is sleep deprived. It will get better as they get older, and I mean by the time they go to preschool/kindergarten. Till than you just have to do whatever you can to survive. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Real is right on, it all depends on how much you are willing to sacrifice and what is truly important to you. Once you are a parent it never ends its a lifetime commitment....I guess that's Gods way of payback to what we did to our parents....lol its the circle of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Terrible idea. Gym makes no sense if you're not getting enough sleep. Forget gym. Get fat. You will need it when starvation arrives because of his school tuition.
    Haha .... Problem is that if I don't go to gym, I will be tired the whole day too .... we have stupid office work, this body has to move

16. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a piece of cake. Just go with the flow and everything will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello guys,

Military and MBAers are masters of it and let me give you a few tips, no kids but here is what you do.

Use an electronic or paper copy and prioritize your schedule from most to least important, use a check list when you complete your tasks.
    2-We have smart phones now so organization can be easy, even for a non military MBA guys because you can set reminders 24 hours before or 10 min before. Use technology to your advantage if you are not naturally organized. I had tons of activities as a kid, MMA, football, music and academia so I got used to it as a kid. My dad was also a military officer in Iran and was a Engineering Project Manager so I have TONS of tips but these are the two best. It might be captain obvious but in the military we say-executing the smiple tasks is what counts and the rest is just basically elementary and will fall in it's place. That is why they say things like-razor at 45 degres, uniform match the gig line, polish your boots etc to train you to be organized. Love you dude and awesome questions.

19. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Managing a start up engineering company (which is a huge amount of work)
    gym daily, tennis, indoor soccer, always reading new things, practicing piano
    I am going to send him to preschool but he has a nany now since my wife works
    well you, logically, need to go easy on those activities.

It is imperative, really really important, IMO, in this day and age to spend time with your child from six months onwards. By spending time i don't mean him playing on PS4 and you sitting next to him.

you need to read to him/her from birth, and once he/she older you need to spend at least TWO hours a day picking at his brain, find out his interests and through that you can find what might be his weak points in the future. Since you are an engineer you understand this, you get to work on what genetics denied him at an early age.

a good nanny is a gift from nature. me and my sister grew up with a twice a week nanny but my mom was older when she had my sister and she spent a lot more time with her and she had better direction in life.

I spent 20 years finding my own way in life.

you need to cut from the gym (reduce it to every other day). also reduce tennis and football. don't touch your piano time table. One of the best therapies for stress and your child will have an interesting childhood growing up with the sound of the notes.

I grew up for some years with the sound of the piano. it was very soothing. reassuring that my parents were home.

spend time with her/him. talk to him/her early. allow him to grow and do things and be there always for him to have a back up. for that you need to take time out of your schedule.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .