Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time management

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post

yeah work for a big corp and I have to do shit load of paper work to convince them why I need one ..

thanks for the info
    It is worth it. Do the paper work. I just got mine delivered couple of weeks ago and I love it. I barely sit down now and am mostly standing while working.

2. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    my schedule currently is
    get at 5'00 AM
    5:30-6:30 Gym
    6:45-9:00 Play with the kid, giving him breakfast and take him to park till nany comes, mom goes to work very early and comes early she is at home @ 3:00
    9:45-6:00 Work
    6:00-7:00 Take the kid to park to
    7:00-8:00 shower time since he loves to play with water
    8:00-8:30 rest
    8:30-10:00 Play Piano
    10:00-12:00 Do other things including reading or working

I play tennis once every two weeks and haven't played soccer for a 2 years lol
    that is pretty much a packed schedule. looks like we should be asking your for advice and not vice versa.

yeah well something gotta get sacrificed in your case it is football, but then again as your child gets older he/she requires more quality input rather than quantity and that will let you get back to football. (please don't call it soccer)
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    It is worth it. Do the paper work. I just got mine delivered couple of weeks ago and I love it. I barely sit down now and am mostly standing while working.
    the larger the corp. the cheaper they are but as Finally is saying keep at it and sooner or later they will have to provide you with one or at least subsidize it.

if you get a doctor's note for your back it will help.

i got hurt in the summer of 2014 playing with Shahrooz's group and took three weeks of tranquilizers and four months of physio to get back to normal. my company at the time took four months to approve an ergonomic work chair.

these guys are not bad.
    http://www.ergotron.com/en-us/products/stand-up-desks
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that both you and your wife work makes it hard! I have a 12 years old daughter and my wife and I decided early on that it would be best for her to spend time with our daughter rather than have a full time job. She has kept a part time teaching job and a full time job of driving with my dayghter to sports and after school activities ;-) It has worked out great for us and we wouldn't change it if we could go back. You certaily won't be able to do all stuff you could do before your kids were born but could continue some of them with family and friends such as ski trips, playing soccer with kids (don't get hurt), hiking, and maybe once a month poker night and a beer or two with friends.
    بارالها، ما حال نداریم به راه راست هدایت شویم، خودت راه راست را به سوی ما کج کن

6. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    please don't call it soccer
    Ay gofti! I was giving a short talk in front of 100 colleagues and bosses yesterday about our team achievements in 2016. Before me the VP of IT talked and also introduced 2 new employees and for one he said his hobby is playing soccer. First sentence of my presentation: Lets get one thing straight, it is football not soccer! No idea how long I will have this job.

8. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I did not understand his question then. I don't think he asked how to raise his kid but rather how to continue doing what he is used to while raising his child. There is no school or training you can take that prepares you for parenthood. It is just an instinct which surfaces only after you become a parent. You will automatically do the right thing and change your priorities to make sure your kid(s) come first. That's the flow I'm talking about and you can only grasp it when you are a parent.
    Exactly, and I don't want to sacrifice anything for my son (kids) either ... He is my #1 priorities. But I wanted to know your expereinces of how accomplishing both your goals and rasing kids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    Ay gofti! I was giving a short talk in front of 100 colleagues and bosses yesterday about our team achievements in 2016. Before me the VP of IT talked and also introduced 2 new employees and for one he said his hobby is playing soccer. First sentence of my presentation: Lets get one thing straight, it is football not soccer! No idea how long I will have this job.
    Haha Soccer Football it is just a word ... but what bothers me is American football uses the foot only during start and after touchdown LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    my schedule currently is
    get at 5'00 AM
    5:30-6:30 Gym
    6:45-9:00 Play with the kid, giving him breakfast and take him to park till nany comes, mom goes to work very early and comes early she is at home @ 3:00
    9:45-6:00 Work
    6:00-7:00 Take the kid to park to
    7:00-8:00 shower time since he loves to play with water
    8:00-8:30 rest
    8:30-10:00 Play Piano
    10:00-12:00 Do other things including reading or working

I play tennis once every two weeks and haven't played soccer for a 2 years lol
    My soon to be schedule, up in the air because i will be in corrections but 0500-Gym 0700 home breakfast, work then home, free time, see it is harder to plan when you are on call 24-7 and oh you play piano as well dude? I always try to set an hour of piano a day, usually between 8-9. Time management these days is so simple with technology, even a bozo can be a genius. May 23 it's about to go down so you guys might not be hearing from me that much or as much as before, got to morph from military to civi to law enforcement(want to use corrections to bankroll it into say FBI/CIA) haven't decided and get a docotrate in forensic psych. You should have seen my USN/USMC schedule 12 hours 6 days a week work plus 8 on Sunday THEY HAVE to give you 2-4 hours for Holiday Routine(religious reasons they can't deny you that, no matter HOW busy they are, even if you are in a combat zone, you get time off for that)

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything will happen not according to your plan when it comes to taking care of your babies. Just stick with the daily routine you used to and you will able to find out a free time. I have two daughters and I'm a guy not used to take care of babies I just did a father role because their mother is off to work and I have no work at that time. As a Father/Man I know we are very curious about the time we use. We do things in haste and accurate.

13. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AttractiveJaguar View Post
    Everything will happen not according to your plan when it comes to taking care of your babies. Just stick with the daily routine you used to and you will able to find out a free time. I have two daughters and I'm a guy not used to take care of babies I just did a father role because their mother is off to work and I have no work at that time. As a Father/Man I know we are very curious about the time we use. We do things in haste and accurate.
    This was my schedule, when I was in the USN/MC
    Revelie for me 0500 because 0600 is too early, I needed to get in an early morning workout.
    0600-0700 breakfast, Chow
    0700-0800 Clampdown
    0800-1200-Work CT(linguistics)
    1200-1300_Lunch Chow
    1300-1700-work
    1700-1800-Dinner-Chow
    1800-2000-More work 12 hour shifts
    2000-2100 Piano(had a keyboard on USS Pinckney DDG 91 and in O.I.F(operation Iraqi Freedom)
    2200-taps by then I was dead.

If I can manage THAT then you guys can manage: kids, married life etc: keep in mind they HAD to give you two hours off for worship time, BY LAW, even in boot. Now I have all of the time in the world but: one week after May 23rd, it will ALL CHANGE. With this work ethic: my Warden is already talking about double shifts, before I even work, rookie C.O's get graveyard. I will be at one of the thoughest state Prison's. Fall, I have to start UNLV and maintain a 3.5 GPA: to keep my academic scholarship so this will probably be my TENNATIVE new schedule 8 hour shifts M-F

0500-0700 pump iron and 45 min of swim.
    0700-0730-breakfast chow
    0730-15:30 sleep, I jsut need 7 hours
    15:30-16:00 late lunch
    16:00-18:00 Police/military krav maga and if time BJJ or I need to pick
    I THINK my shifts will start at 22:00, graveyard to about 0400 8 hours
    That give sme from 18:00-2200 to STUDY and play 1 hr of music so I can only set aside 3 hours.

IT CAN BE DONE

[B]this helped me out Harvard Business Review Time Management good article OOH RAH Harvard(Dad's MBA alma mater[/B
    https://hbr.org/2017/05/to-be-more-c...le-your-breaks

^^The key is be creative with your breaks and Semper GUMMY, always FLEXIBLE. Sometimes: one needs to change their plans and remain calm during stressful situation. Fortunately, with my Martial Arts and military background, I got this down cold and I only speak about what I know. Time Management is one of those subjects For example: one creative thing I did in the military, f I had uniform inspection: and could not workout at 0500, I would skip a meal and workout then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, and I don't want to sacrifice anything for my son (kids) either ... He is my #1 priorities. But I wanted to know your expereinces of how accomplishing both your goals and rasing kids.
    My advice would be not to stretch yourself too thin if you can help it. Looking at your packed schedule, I think you should be able to combine working out (Gym) and taking your kid to the park. You can actually get a good workout while at the park if you become a little creative. I'll leave it up to you to come up with a workout routine while at park.

Last thing you want is to be too tired to engage with your child. That's why I made the above recommendation. Kids at a young age understand a lot more than you think and have an amazing ability to absorb everything like a sponge.
    Try your best to never let them down and be there for them when they need you.

Good luck...

16. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My advice would be not to stretch yourself too thin if you can help it. Looking at your packed schedule, I think you should be able to combine working out (Gym) and taking your kid to the park. You can actually get a good workout while at the park if you become a little creative. I'll leave it up to you to come up with a workout routine while at park.

Last thing you want is to be too tired to engage with your child. That's why I made the above recommendation. Kids at a young age understand a lot more than you think and have an amazing ability to absorb everything like a sponge.
    Try your best to never let them down and be there for them when they need you.

Good luck...
    @Iran Esteghlal Inter: Keyvan Pars jan is right. In my case I am going to be a busy bee so I have to prioritize. You need to prioritize what is more important. Perhaps alternate if you are really busy: every other day gym, every other day walk the kid to the park. On your every other day, you can hit the gym HARD. Just a suggestion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123