Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time management

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    It's a piece of cake. Just go with the flow and everything will be fine.
    that is the worst possible thing i have heard in this forum in months.

some of the most atrocious crimes in this world are committed by children whose parents went with the flow. Granted, with some children it works (by pure luck) I am sorry finally jaan but i really have an issue with this.

you need to work hard to create an open atmosphere so that 'YOUR CHILD CAN GO WITH THE FLOW WHEN HE/SHE REQUIRES' not yourself go with the flow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    Haha .... Problem is that if I don't go to gym, I will be tired the whole day too .... we have stupid office work, this body has to move
    Perhaps get a standing desk. I'm not joking.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Perhaps get a standing desk. I'm not joking.
    I really want one . How can I apply for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I raised two boys as Mahbod said. Older one just graduated from U of T (wrote his last exam on Sunday) and second one will graduate HS and start university this year. Outright and brutally honest you will have to sacrifice quite a lot if you're willing to spend reasonable amount of time with your kid(s). I was at their every football (real one referred to as soccer in Canada), baseball, Karate, Piano, Drum sessions. I was on top of their education (math to be specific) every year and especiallay last two years of high school as the education system in Ontario is crap. So I had to forget about myself while I spent a lot of times with them and I am SO HAPPY THAT I DID SO. Nothing can replace the joy of seeing them grow up. Of course there will be those years (16-19) that they think you are their worst enemy and cause of their problems etc. but it'll pass. Two advices if I may:

1. They require a lot of attention and time which means you and your wife will have less time for each other. MAKE TIME FOR HER in any possible way especially after the kids reach 2-3 years of age.

2. Even though you should limit your own favorite activities or even let go of some but keep at least one thing that you will do regularly. Example in your case if you're playing tennis twice a day and go to gym every day change it to Tennis once a week and gym twice a week. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT. I personally sacrificed everything except my own football games. I reduced it from twice a week to once a week (back to twice a week now) but kept that 2 hours a week for myself so that I won't go CRAZY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    I really want one . How can I apply for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am not sure if you work for yourself or you work at a big company, but for home you can get from here:

http://www.staples.com/Sit-Stand-Desks/cat_CL215523
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    my schedule currently is
    get at 5'00 AM
    5:30-6:30 Gym
    6:45-9:00 Play with the kid, giving him breakfast and take him to park till nany comes, mom goes to work very early and comes early she is at home @ 3:00
    9:45-6:00 Work
    6:00-7:00 Take the kid to park to
    7:00-8:00 shower time since he loves to play with water
    8:00-8:30 rest
    8:30-10:00 Play Piano
    10:00-12:00 Do other things including reading or working

I play tennis once every two weeks and haven't played soccer for a 2 years lol

7. Likes Payandeh Iran, Babr, TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is funny how life is changed compare to 30 years ago where mom take care of the baby .... of course few mothers also worked but that wasn't the norm. Right now, we have to work from morning to night, pay for mortgage and cars and every moment is valuable with the kids.

9. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    My wife and I raised two boys as Mahbod said. Older one just graduated from U of T (wrote his last exam on Sunday) and second one will graduate HS and start university this year. Outright and brutally honest you will have to sacrifice quite a lot if you're willing to spend reasonable amount of time with your kid(s). I was at their every football (real one referred to as soccer in Canada), baseball, Karate, Piano, Drum sessions. I was on top of their education (math to be specific) every year and especiallay last two years of high school as the education system in Ontario is crap. So I had to forget about myself while I spent a lot of times with them and I am SO HAPPY THAT I DID SO. Nothing can replace the joy of seeing them grow up. Of course there will be those years (16-19) that they think you are their worst enemy and cause of their problems etc. but it'll pass. Two advices if I may:

1. They require a lot of attention and time which means you and your wife will have less time for each other. MAKE TIME FOR HER in any possible way especially after the kids reach 2-3 years of age.

2. Even though you should limit your own favorite activities or even let go of some but keep at least one thing that you will do regularly. Example in your case if you're playing tennis twice a day and go to gym every day change it to Tennis once a week and gym twice a week. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT. I personally sacrificed everything except my own football games. I reduced it from twice a week to once a week (back to twice a week now) but kept that 2 hours a week for myself so that I won't go CRAZY!
    Yeah unfortunately iranian couples forget about each other ... it is super important to do things with your wife because life can become super monotonic and then after kids are raised you would feel that there is no relationship anymore ... super important in my mind

11. Likes Payandeh Iran, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if you work for yourself or you work at a big company, but for home you can get from here:

http://www.staples.com/Sit-Stand-Desks/cat_CL215523

yeah work for a big corp and I have to do shit load of paper work to convince them why I need one ..

thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

yeah work for a big corp and I have to do shit load of paper work to convince them why I need one ..

thanks for the info
    I have a coworker who got one. Badbakht had to go through a back surgery, but they finally approved.
    If you have any sort of back issues (God forbid), you should be able to get it approved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    my schedule currently is
    get at 5'00 AM
    5:30-6:30 Gym
    6:45-9:00 Play with the kid, giving him breakfast and take him to park till nany comes, mom goes to work very early and comes early she is at home @ 3:00
    9:45-6:00 Work
    6:00-7:00 Take the kid to park to
    7:00-8:00 shower time since he loves to play with water
    8:00-8:30 rest
    8:30-10:00 Play Piano
    10:00-12:00 Do other things including reading or working

I play tennis once every two weeks and haven't played soccer for a 2 years lol
    With one kid you're managing your time really well. You may need to cut a bit from work as the kid grows older

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a coworker who got one. Badbakht had to go through a back surgery, but they finally approved.
    If you have any sort of back issues (God forbid), you should be able to get it approved.

had a very bad muscle spasm few months ago. So bad that i ended in the hospital getting morphine shots ... i am OK for now , knock on wood

Post Thanks / Like

had a very bad muscle spasm few months ago. So bad that i ended in the hospital getting morphine shots ... i am OK for now , knock on wood
    talk to HR.
    most companies approve it.

even if they don't the whole thing costs around 400-500 $ (CAN). it is well worth it considering you spend most of your life at work

17. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    talk to HR.
    most companies approve it.

even if they don't the whole thing costs around 400-500 $ (CAN). it is well worth it considering you spend most of your life at work
    yeah bro , I should go after it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    that is the worst possible thing i have heard in this forum in months.

some of the most atrocious crimes in this world are committed by children whose parents went with the flow. Granted, with some children it works (by pure luck) I am sorry finally jaan but i really have an issue with this.

you need to work hard to create an open atmosphere so that 'YOUR CHILD CAN GO WITH THE FLOW WHEN HE/SHE REQUIRES' not yourself go with the flow.
    Maybe I did not understand his question then. I don't think he asked how to raise his kid but rather how to continue doing what he is used to while raising his child. There is no school or training you can take that prepares you for parenthood. It is just an instinct which surfaces only after you become a parent. You will automatically do the right thing and change your priorities to make sure your kid(s) come first. That's the flow I'm talking about and you can only grasp it when you are a parent.

20. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter liked this post