Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post

    without having a central government to run every aspect of our lives.
    Beyond the gutter press, may I ask what you evidence of this is?

    I think the EU is a corrupt, backward organisation.
    But I think Fifa is too.
    I don't want us to stop playing world cups.
    And I don't want our economy and geopolitical future going completely down the pan.

    Very simple analogy, but them again it's difficult to know how to argue pragmatic patriotism. I'm afraid I really don't understand the logic of giving up so damn much.
    Last edited by Dr Strangemoosh; 03-05-2017 at 10:16 PM.

  2. Likes TeamMeli, Mahdi liked this post
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Beyond the gutter press, may I ask what you evidence of this is?

    I think the EU is a corrupt, backward organisation.
    But I think Fifa is too.
    I don't want us to stop playing world cups.
    And I don't want our economy and geopolitical future going completely down the pan.

    Very simple analogy, but them again it's difficult to know how to argue pragmatic patriotism.
    Fair point and btw am well versed in UK politics and consider it a home away from home, minus Germany and Russia. I hope we don't lose more world cups to haji A-rab countries. THE EU, Nato and Fifa all have one thing in common, about as legit as a $3 bill, US. For example, Nato to boost troops up to 300,000 maintain readiness for Russia, HA HA HA , don't make me laugh, Nato would get SLAUGHTERED and what can they do? Impose more sanctions, Russia's economy is about to get sanctioned proof.

    UK has it's problems though, Brixx, EDL and if you do not have my complexion, you might be in trouble, depending on what part you are in, just saying brother. I have been there and btw visited Oxford and your uni, Cambridge because I love world class uni's, plus Sorbone btw. 5th gen Indian brit, my kid born in England or even me(if I am a UK citizen), English. Look at my country, USA we got Trump, I have enough problems in the USA as is, on top of the mess in Russia and Ger-many, Europe is about to explode my man, you guys haven't go through your civil and race wars. We are bout to have another race war up in here, just saying. @Dr. this is a bit off topic but wish me luck I am going to apply to Stanford and study psych online but go after that because of corrections. USA, UK and Europe have one thing in common, problems, primarily with one group in particular, guess which ones(they like to chant **** hu akbar).

  4. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    A small island west of Africa
    Posts
    14,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Beyond the gutter press, may I ask what you evidence of this is?

    I think the EU is a corrupt, backward organisation.
    But I think Fifa is too.
    I don't want us to stop playing world cups.
    And I don't want our economy and geopolitical future going completely down the pan.

    Very simple analogy, but them again it's difficult to know how to argue pragmatic patriotism. I'm afraid I really don't understand the logic of giving up so damn much.
    The UK is not giving up anything. It is gaining. The Eurocrats have proven they are not interested in the welfare of the European citizens. They are more interested in creating a Federal Europe which is entirely ideological. In reality it is harmful and unworkable.

    Honestly, have a look at how the EU treated Greece. It brought them to their knees in an entirely tyrannical fashion. So much for the sense of European brotherhood!
    Now they love nothing more than for Brexit not to work for the people of UK. The scumbag lowlives and their supporters are despicable animals. They are afraid if Britain prospers outside the EU, then more countries will want to break away. What kind of effing c*nts are these?
    Just trying this out. Testing....testing.... 1 2 3 4 .... 1 2 3 4

  5. #19
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    The leftist toe rag that is the Guardian.

    It is not an original report from Guardian though. They just picked up the report from the German FAZ, which is a rather conservative paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    The UK is not giving up anything. It is gaining. The Eurocrats have proven they are not interested in the welfare of the European citizens. They are more interested in creating a Federal Europe which is entirely ideological. In reality it is harmful and unworkable.

    Honestly, have a look at how the EU treated Greece. It brought them to their knees in an entirely tyrannical fashion. So much for the sense of European brotherhood!
    Now they love nothing more than for Brexit not to work for the people of UK. The scumbag lowlives and their supporters are despicable animals. They are afraid if Britain prospers outside the EU, then more countries will want to break away. What kind of effing c*nts are these?
    Well, everything you say about the EU is 100% correct. But it's not that the UK is giving up the EU and returning life back to its people or that the UK didn't have more sovereign rights in the EU than any other country. The upsides of EU membership for the UK were far higher than the downside. The EU set certain standards and levels of bureaucracy for the UK, which however where of no harm anywhere. The people who were pushing for Brexit were people born on 3rd base and rich off, who will benefit themselves most from Brexit. They sold Brexit as an easy thing that will not harm the UK and the UK being in a stronger position to leave, not mentioning that the UK has zero leverage over the EU. The complaints from May and the Brexit camp are ridiculous. No one told you to tell people lies about Brexit when you knew that you are not sitting at the strong end of the table.

    Varoufakis wrote recently on how May should proceed and instead of acting tough, should act sensible, take a deal like Norway's, settle for 7 years and let everything calm down, and then negotiate the deals again. Instead, she is acting stupid and irresponsible. At the end of the day, it's the UK and the current government that is messing it up because you have Bozos in power, not the EU that is doing what it has to do.

  6. #20
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does UK export ? other than being a commercial center (or used to be) as a european Dubai?

    as in produce, industries, raw materials ?
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  7. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  8. #21
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    What does UK export ? other than being a commercial center (or used to be) as a european Dubai?

    as in produce, industries, raw materials ?
    exactly...that's the thing.

    well..they export vacuum machines and weapons. LOL

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    They are more interested in creating a Federal Europe which is entirely ideological. In reality it is harmful and unworkable.
    I'm sure a few loony toons might desire this but what is the hard evidence that this is possible and could ever happen? Seriously, I mean come on...

    Believing that this were ever feasible is proper tinfoil hat territory, it's just fear mongering of the highest order by tabloids and 19th century throwbacks like Jacob Rees-Mogg (ironically and amazingly, these are the same people who use the term "Project Fear" for Remainers, the absolute hypocrisy is disgusting)...

    ...and the net result is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    exactly...that's the thing.

    well..they export vacuum machines and weapons. LOL
    bro the dyson kicks ass.

    oh i get it, so Hojat-ol-church May is counting on starting wars all over the place. Now Brexit makes sense. but wait a minute, haven't the americans been doing that since korea.

    i think Brits are very low on options possibly:
    - rejuvenation of India vs. Paki thing
    - Indonesia vs. Malaysia
    - West Ham vs. millwall
    - Darth vader against luke
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  11. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  12. #24
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    bro the dyson kicks ass.
    Yes, heard so. I still bought AEG though. I always support our German brethren over the Empire.

  13. Likes keyvan_pars liked this post
  14. #25
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...at-theresa-may

    Varoufakis breaks down what May is doing terribly wrong. If Brexit is not a success, it maybe down to the personal ego and incompetence of certain people(Farage, Johnson, May), rather than the EU.

  15. #26
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see a non britishness in british politicians for the last decades.

    As opposed to when i lived there, when, tories were tories and you knew what you got from them. Labor was labor and SPD/liberals made sure no one got a full majority.

    but it seemed they all worked, somewhat, for England.

    this new wave of politicians starting with merikhi ye mahboob e man (Blair) seem to be working for 'THEMSELVES' and not anyone else.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  16. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  17. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Britain's tabloid media run by Murdoch and Dacre is just too powerful. They have become so big that now Americans who are annoyed with the MSM are flocking to the Daily Mail.

    As a result, they can keep printing the same shit every day, and in most working-class Brits' minds the only thing which is important is Immigration - it is more important than the health service, than the economy...

    So "lets stop foriners comin' in" is the main issue now. The Tories are loving it, because they have guys like Jacob Rees-Mogg who was thawed out from being frozen in the 18th century (nice guy, but he really lives in a Victorian fairytale). When it is so easy to control people because of fears of immigration, then it's so easy for the Tories to stay in power as they are seen as the anti-foreigner party.

    The Daily Mail now has more power than most nations around the world, and can continue confusing the masses. The other media don't help either, Adam Curtis explains things very well here, this is a must-watch for everyone:


  18. Likes Bache Tehroon, TeamMeli liked this post
  19. #28
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Britain's tabloid media run by Murdoch and Dacre is just too powerful. They have become so big that now Americans who are annoyed with the MSM are flocking to the Daily Mail.

    As a result, they can keep printing the same shit every day, and in most working-class Brits' minds the only thing which is important is Immigration - it is more important than the health service, than the economy...

    So "lets stop foriners comin' in" is the main issue now. The Tories are loving it, because they have guys like Jacob Rees-Mogg who was thawed out from being frozen in the 18th century (nice guy, but he really lives in a Victorian fairytale). When it is so easy to control people because of fears of immigration, then it's so easy for the Tories to stay in power as they are seen as the anti-foreigner party.

    The Daily Mail now has more power than most nations around the world, and can continue confusing the masses. The other media don't help either, Adam Curtis explains things very well here, this is a must-watch for everyone:
    It's a general trend in Europe that people from old aristocrat families or other very old money stand behind these people. Behind Le Pen are French of aristocratic background, behind Brexit too, behind AfD in Germany and FPO in Austria too.

    Should make you think.

  20. #29
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    They don't even clarify what is the 'immigration' problem.

    i mean different echelons of society see the immigration different.

    reading articles and watching documentaries i get the notion that maybe there are three different 'types' of immigration problems that british people are against:

    A- older people in smaller towns have the traditional problem with west indians, pakistanis, and indians type of immigration that started with the rivers of blood speech in the 60s. Those corner shop immigrants are now dead and their kids and grand kids more british than the brits themselves.

    B- east european immigration divided into two groups, hard working poles, romanians, etc etc and some layabout gypsies, albanians, pimps blah blah .
    i think a kind of drastic kind of change in law would have sufficed to taking care of this problem rather than full exit. I read that Germany is about to pass laws for Euro citizens to have worked in germany for few years before qualifying for benefits. i don't see why uk couldn't have done something parallel to that.

    C- last but not least the brown threat from those turban wearing people in the middle of East.

    i think if they take a referendum on which immigration they are against it will split in the thirds for the types above.

    what i like know, how not being in europe will help them stop category Cs getting in since they actually exported british terrorists to europe, US, Syria.

    if anything Euro should have installed security measures against British Citizens and not vice versa. Weren't the Charlie hebdo brothers for a time trained in England ...
    i am not sure or maybe the guy in Nice, i read that they all have visited with muslims in britain one time or other.

    just doesn't make sense other than playing in the hand of North American politics to weaken the union so that Trump can export garbage to Europe as well.

    In canada we are going in reverse. We are trying to get produce from Europe to lessen our dependence on the US
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  21. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
  22. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    They don't even clarify what is the 'immigration' problem.

    i mean different echelons of society see the immigration different.

    reading articles and watching documentaries i get the notion that maybe there are three different 'types' of immigration problems that british people are against:

    A- older people in smaller towns have the traditional problem with west indians, pakistanis, and indians type of immigration that started with the rivers of blood speech in the 60s. Those corner shop immigrants are now dead and their kids and grand kids more british than the brits themselves.

    B- east european immigration divided into two groups, hard working poles, romanians, etc etc and some layabout gypsies, albanians, pimps blah blah .
    i think a kind of drastic kind of change in law would have sufficed to taking care of this problem rather than full exit. I read that Germany is about to pass laws for Euro citizens to have worked in germany for few years before qualifying for benefits. i don't see why uk couldn't have done something parallel to that.

    C- last but not least the brown threat from those turban wearing people in the middle of East.

    i think if they take a referendum on which immigration they are against it will split in the thirds for the types above.

    what i like know, how not being in europe will help them stop category Cs getting in since they actually exported british terrorists to europe, US, Syria.

    if anything Euro should have installed security measures against British Citizens and not vice versa. Weren't the Charlie hebdo brothers for a time trained in England ...
    i am not sure or maybe the guy in Nice, i read that they all have visited with muslims in britain one time or other.

    just doesn't make sense other than playing in the hand of North American politics to weaken the union so that Trump can export garbage to Europe as well.

    In canada we are going in reverse. We are trying to get produce from Europe to lessen our dependence on the US
    The "migrant problem" is code for Afrikan man T.I.A(this is Afrika) they are not tlaking about the Indian engineer who is here legally. This is so sad look at what the UK is becoming, an ultra right wing nation, led by the dingbat Teresa May. I have peeps in the UK this breaks my heart and I am censoring most of my thoughts and feelings because it is just too sad to discuss it but I agree with what most of you guys are saying. Even what Behrouz C said was true, I was able to read it because someone highlighted his quotation. However, the people of the UK need to be taught a lesson, just like the people of Iran were taught a lesson, in 1979. There is nothing wrong with NATIONSTOLTZ abba Fascist ist nicht gut, I am not any ISM I am an independent, this is so jacked up and it is going to get worse before it things get better. I thought the situation was bad in the USA but UK should know better, shame on their leadership. Anytime you have a system of : constitutional monarchy, a hose of lords, house of commons, dukes, lords, titles, the EDL, you will have these problems. Good luck UK!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •