Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...share_btn_link

    The Observer: The great British Brexit robbery: how our democracy was hijacked

  2. Likes keyvan_pars, Mahdi liked this post
  3. #47
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    9000 city jobs to move out of London following Brexit:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...furt-dublin-eu
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  4. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  5. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keyvan_pars View Post
    9000 city jobs to move out of London following Brexit:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...furt-dublin-eu
    And yet folks who still think Britain's huge economy will stay huge when its value to the US-Europe dynamic for companies, banks, political entities (as the kind of balancing "guy in the middle") disappears! and disappear it will, don't doubt it. EU is a corrupt, monolithic organisation - but it isn't going to go anywhere.

    There are a lot of people who have odd delusions about Britain's power and clout, but I've never met anyone of Iranian origin (zero/first/second gen immigrant) who believes in Brexit. Genuinely intrigued about Behrooz, unless he is trolling.

  6. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even the ultra pro-Brexit nationalist tabloids (who never reported like this before) are starting to show what's going to happen to Britain's HUGE ECONOMY

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/350892...-after-brexit/

    Dameh brexiteers garm, you fucked up the country. Mazel Tov

  7. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  8. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Banksy on it..... it says all, removing the dirty spot from the rest of the stars!


  9. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  10. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Mahdi jan, this cannot last forever. UK will fall because their economy is primarily consumer drivenn. The BP is already down frm 1.7 to 1.29 USD. This article proves my point: ok for now they projected growth, let's reexamine this a decade later and you guys will be saying, "Team Melli: how did you predict this UK is now on the same level as a 2nd class Euro country" ja ja ja!
    https://www.ft.com/content/e194e464-...b-a7cc5dd5a28c

  11. #52
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think brits found a secret way to export fish'n'chips
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  12. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post

    The UK has a huge financial industry.
    Behrooz where are you? I just wanted you to answer:

    Do you believe the UK's "huge financial industry" will stay huge?

    http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk...bankers-london How Brexit killed American bankers' dreams of London
    http://ewn.co.za/2017/05/05/frankfur...s-after-brexit Frankfurt Lays Claim to Wall Street Banks after Brexit
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-brexit-plans/ Standard Chartered and JP Morgan ramp Brexit plans
    http://www.wharf.co.uk/news/local-ne...ready-12980409 Canary wharf banking giant ready to leave uK
    http://www.newstalk.com/Hundreds-of-...und-for-Dublin JP Morgan staff leaving for Dublin
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/29/why-t...ng-sector.html Brexit signals a long slow bleed for UK's finances
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bri...-idUKKBN184132 UK banks moving to EU
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7714696.html

    Even the bloody pro-Brexit Sun finally changes its tune: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/350892...-after-brexit/

    (Something that we were all aware of would happen well before the referendum)

    If you do, please can you back this up with evidence.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Dr Strangemoosh; 09-05-2017 at 05:44 PM.

  13. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    A small island west of Africa
    Posts
    14,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dr.

    I am not trolling. I am serious. I know many Iranians who voted for Brexit, also many non-EU immigrants like Indians and Pakistanis who voted for Brexit.

    There are scare stories everyday. I don't buy into them. I guess time will tell. I believe Britain will be much better in years to come thanks to a clean hard Brexit. The EU is struggling with mass unemployment and there is absolutely no way it will have less challenges than Britain. Just wait and see, we'll be here.
    Just trying this out. Testing....testing.... 1 2 3 4 .... 1 2 3 4

  14. #55
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    Dr.

    I am not trolling. I am serious. I know many Iranians who voted for Brexit, also many non-EU immigrants like Indians and Pakistanis who voted for Brexit.
    what does that signify? I mean, Iranians and pakistanis voting for brexit ?
    98% of iranians voted for handing over control to the corrupt decadent clergy. in addition, i am pretty sure around 65% iranians voted for Trump. i just fail to see how is that related to the discussion above? could you clarify please

    There are scare stories everyday. I don't buy into them. I guess time will tell. I believe Britain will be much better in years to come thanks to a clean hard Brexit. The EU is struggling with mass unemployment and there is absolutely no way it will have less challenges than Britain. Just wait and see, we'll be here.
    Well you live over there so you know more detail and you are on ground level every day but there are no stories about banks moving their headquarters back to Brussels or Paris or Frankfurt.

    Please recognize that hundreds of thousands of brits work In France and Germany. once you kick out your germans they will kick out their brits and it might balance out so you will still be faced with the same unemployment problems in UK with one exception.

    The hundred thousands european jobs that existed in London, Mancs, MerseySide and also down south will be gone.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  15. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post

    There are scare stories everyday. I don't buy into them. .
    Do you buy into a round earth, or that that unicorns are a myth?

    I'm just wondering, because if is interesting that you call banks shutting down shop, tens of thousands of bankers moving to Frankfurt and Paris, American banks moving out of London "stories"

    You didn't give me any evidence apart from "just wait and see, we'll be there". I guess that's what some people said before the 1979 Islamic Revolution of Iran. Just vague comments of "have some faith", "believe" are the same vague stances which religious and cult leaders use to convince stupider people into drinking whichever flavour of Kool-Aid is available. Evidence, please.
    Last edited by Dr Strangemoosh; 10-05-2017 at 04:27 PM.

  16. Likes keyvan_pars liked this post
  17. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    A small island west of Africa
    Posts
    14,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baba jan, why is it not possible to discuss anything with Iranians without someone making a link to the 1979 revolution? I was 6 years old the. Is it because you can't distinguish the differences? I mean are you so intellectually inept that this is your best argument? gooz v shaghigheh and all that.

    Immigrants from outside the EU are for Brexit because unlike the the Easter Europeans, I came here and worked hard and earned my rights as a citizen. Now I see the Slovenian and the Poles walk in and have the same rights from day one.

    I see the EU as a discriminatory club. I want to live in a Britain where merits are awarded, not based on where you are from, which is what the EU club is all about. Britain will bring in talent from all over the world based on merit, rather than it be based on someone belonging to an exclusive white club, called Europe.

    As for evidence that the banks will pack off and go to Frankfurt, that is not going to happen. It is all scare mongering. Just wait.
    Just trying this out. Testing....testing.... 1 2 3 4 .... 1 2 3 4

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point is that you are basing nothing on evidence. It is all fairytales and "faith" and "hope". It is a very simple point and you have ignored it completely, concentrating on my simile instead of the content of my post (i.e. deflecting the argument). You haven't answered a single point with proper evidence and then you concentrate on my simile and have the chutzpah to call my argument "intellectually inept"....!?

    Bankers are already leaving and banks are already moving, what do you mean " that is not going to happen." It is ALREADY HAPPENING. Where is your evidence to the contrary? I don't want vague comments, I don't want "believe in this". What is this fairytale Britain that you're describing?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrooz_C View Post
    Baba jan, why is it not possible to discuss anything with Iranians without someone making a link to the 1979 revolution? I was 6 years old the. Is it because you can't distinguish the differences? I mean are you so intellectually inept that this is your best argument? gooz v shaghigheh and all that.
    i am going to connect your gooz to your shaghighe here.

    you mentioned iranians and pakis are against it. I said so what does that mean?
    and now you clarified what you meant which you should have done in the first place.

    I am assuming that you are trying to imply that the Brexit is not a racially motivated anti immigration move since immigrants voted for it too. Which brings your gooz back to the shaghighe, which is, so what they voted for it?
    so fucking what?
    Since people from all backgrounds voted for it does that make it a move or does it mean that people with limited intellectual capacity (which exist in all walks of life) fell for it ?

    Immigrants from outside the EU are for Brexit because unlike the the Easter Europeans, I came here and worked hard and earned my rights as a citizen. Now I see the Slovenian and the Poles walk in and have the same rights from day one.
    as i said, i think in this thread or macron's thread, you are right about that and Germans, the French and Swedes are not happy about that too, hence, the requested changes to the rules that are currently being discussed in the German parliament.

    cut a long story short they are proposing for people from other european countries to be entitled to the same rights they have to have had full employment for a number of years. (i am not being exact here you can find out the exact details for yourself)

    I see the EU as a discriminatory club. I want to live in a Britain where merits are awarded, not based on where you are from, which is what the EU club is all about. Britain will bring in talent from all over the world based on merit, rather than it be based on someone belonging to an exclusive white club, called Europe.

    As for evidence that the banks will pack off and go to Frankfurt, that is not going to happen. It is all scare mongering. Just wait.
    I see britons (i am generalizing here no personal disrespect intended) as lazy. So are southern Europeans and what Germans are trying to do is to tell them, to keep up with the North American, Chinese, the Japanese and Arab money you guys need to get with the times and work harder.

    going back to your point on slovenia and poland, that is a two way street. A friend of mine invested 140k pounds in a business in West London when he was told by hired business and marketing analyst there was no chance of failure. His business was failing badly, really badly. He was recommended by his hired help to look into opening the same venture in Poland.

    three years and a couple of million Euros later he has 20 something employees and he visits England only to see his family.

    I lived in England when Euro consisted of only Germany, France, Italy and Spain. There was rampant poverty, riots, strikes, child abuse. Maybe this is to be blamed on british people themselves and how lazy they are rather than blaming it on europe.

    Either way as you said, you are out and i guess we ll be in this forum in a few years when London will become a Utopia as you say. I will, at that stage, tell you that you were right and i was wrong.

    For now, get ready for riots and council flat crime to go through the roof.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  20. #60
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of things:

    1) The UK could have decided on who comes in and who goes out with or without the EU. Same way Austria and Germany decide who comes into the country from outside of the EU, the UK could have done the same and was actually doing the same. Bright talents were never hindered to come to the UK from anywhere, and if anything, the UK will become now less attractive due to not being part of Europe.

    The fact that Polish and Romanian workers came to the UK and had rights like other EU citizens, is something you might complain about as a Pakistani or Iranian, but then again, there was a reason they came to the UK in the first place, which is that the UK had a demand for these workers. And frankly, Polish workers for construction, carpenters, truck drivers are simply better educated than say Pakistani ones.
    Same way, lots of Eastern German citizens are currently working in Switzerland as they get paid much more than in Germany. It's a give and take. The only thing Polish workers did to the UK was pay taxes. It was a non-zero-sum-game.

    2) The main reason UK was attractive over the past 20-30 years for big banks was being part of the EU. Whether you like it or not, the UK will lose some banks as they will not be able to trade and clear Euro denominated bonds in the UK anymore. No one knows how many will leave, but there will be people leaving. Brexit will have a toll on the UK housing market, which has been a big part of the wealth for British citizens.

  21. Likes keyvan_pars, TeamMeli liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •