Post Thanks / Like

N’Golo Kante – The unsung hero we can’t stop singing about

The compact dynamo’s double tally of the Football Writers’ Association and Premier League Professional Footballers’ Association Players’ Player of the Year (that’s a mouthful to say) is probably the least controversial duo of individual awards one can imagine. Capping this off with the PFA Fan’s Player of the Year should only be a formality, barring a global brainwashing or apocalypse scenario.

It can sometimes be difficult to explain him to people who don’t watch football. If you like comics then think of him as “Multiple Man” from Marvel’s lesser followed X-teams. The only time you might see one of him is right at the beginning of the game. Afterwards you might struggle to see fewer than six of him on the pitch at once.

It’s always fun to throw about some stats:

1st highest back-to-back Premier league titles with different clubs (Leicester 2016, Chelsea 2017)
    2nd highest tackler in the league this season (114)
    6th highest passer in the league this season (2011 passes)
    5th highest interceptions in the league this season (79)
    0 Career Red Cards

Who would have thought that the wealthy Premier League’s first genuine challenge to the Messi-Ronaldo hegemony of La Liga is a small Frenchman of Malian descent who you could be forgiven for initially calling a workhorse, just once…

2. Likes Babr, Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really like this guy , don't you ? He is an amazing player. I dont' see a lot of EPL but I never miss the extended highlights + Important matches and because of a few African colleges at work I am forced to be updated ... lol

Kante is an example of what England been missing since the invention the game of their own. this land never produced a world class holding mid-fielder , all you see is / was a box to box marauder like Gerrard and lampard instead of Makelele, Mascherano or Lass and now kante. Great guy indeed ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    You really like this guy , don't you ? He is an amazing player. I dont' see a lot of EPL but I never miss the extended highlights + Important matches and because of a few African colleges at work I am forced to be updated ... lol

Kante is an example of what England been missing since the invention the game of their own. this land never produced a world class holding mid-fielder , all you see is / was a box to box marauder like Gerrard and lampard instead of Makelele, Mascherano or Lass and now kante. Great guy indeed ...
    Yeah he is bloody amazing, like two makaleles for the price of one.

I tell you, if my team were on the verge of relegation and you were offered Ronaldo, Messi, Payan Rafat or Kante for 30 games (they have to perform or else they are imprisoned) then I would choose Kante every single time apart from once (if the manager were Branko I would choose Rafat).

5. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There must be something about France to produce Quality DM players... Makelele , Lass and now kante . Even both Lass and Kante are form Mali ... In the same role we have Verratti, Pjanic, Matic and Gundoghan but I guess none of them have Kante's versatility
    Last edited by Real Madrid; 09-05-2017 at 04:13 AM.