Post Thanks / Like

Guardian's Joy of Six: #1 Alireza Beiranvand

https://www.theguardian.com/football...mment-98348823

1) Alireza Beiranvand (Naft Tehran 2-1 Tractor Sazi, November 2014)

Alireza Beiranvand is no one-trick pony – his form for Naft Tehran was good enough for him to be named in the team of the season at the end of the 2014-15 Persia Gulf Pro League campaign – but he has one particularly potent weapon: he can throw the ball further than most humans can kick it. Though goalkeeper assists are a rarity, in the middle of the 2014-15 season he set up two winning goals in as many games, one with a giant kick and another with one of his ludicrously long throws. The second, booted downfield, took a hefty bounce, and with the Persepolis goalkeeper tempted towards the edge of his area in anticipation of an easy catch, Amir Arsalan Motahari headed over the stranded Brazilian and into the net. It was a classic of the genre even if the timing, in the last minute of a match heading towards a 1-1 draw, set it apart.

The first was a genuine mouth-agape moment (at 1hr 34m 25s): Tractor Sazi win a corner, which is played short and then looped miserably into the goalkeeper’s hands. Without breaking stride, Beiranvand carries the ball to the edge of the area and then swings his mighty right arm. On the halfway line, the striker Gholamreza Rezaei, the only Tehran player left upfield, starts sprinting goalwards with two panicked defenders in his slipstream; the ball drops over his shoulder, bounces amenably, and from fully 40 yards Rezaei volleys a vicious, dipping shot that bounces past an astonished Hamed Lak and nestles into the corner of the net. Beiranvand received his first international cap the following month, and remains Iran’s first-choice shot-stopper even though, since that creative burst in late 2014, there have been no further assists. SB
    Last edited by Dr Strangemoosh; 11-05-2017 at 07:37 PM.

2. Likes Mahdi, Babr, Finally, Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...mment-98348823

1) Alireza Beiranvand (Naft Tehran 2-1 Tractor Sazi, November 2014)

[FONT="]Alireza Beiranvand is no one-trick pony – his form for Naft Tehran was good enough for him to be named in the team of the season at the end of the 2014-15 Persia Gulf Pro League campaign – but he has one particularly potent weapon: he can throw the ball further than most humans can kick it. Though goalkeeper assists are a rarity, in the middle of the 2014-15 season he set up two winning goals in as many games, one with a giant kick and another with one of his ludicrously long throws. The second, booted downfield, took a hefty bounce, and with the Persepolis goalkeeper tempted towards the edge of his area in anticipation of an easy catch, Amir Arsalan Motahari headed over the stranded Brazilian and into the net. It was a classic of the genre even if the timing, in the last minute of a match heading towards a 1-1 draw, set it apart.[/FONT]

[FONT="]The first was a genuine mouth-agape moment (at 1hr 34m 25s): Tractor Sazi win a corner, which is played short and then looped miserably into the goalkeeper’s hands. Without breaking stride, Beiranvand carries the ball to the edge of the area and then swings his mighty right arm. On the halfway line, the striker Gholamreza Rezaei, the only Tehran player left upfield, starts sprinting goalwards with two panicked defenders in his slipstream; the ball drops over his shoulder, bounces amenably, and from fully 40 yards Rezaei volleys a vicious, dipping shot that bounces past an astonished Hamed Lak and nestles into the corner of the net. Beiranvand received his first international cap the following month, and remains Iran’s first-choice shot-stopper even though, since that creative burst in late 2014, there have been no further assists. SB[/FONT]
    Lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    Lol...
    Finally jan, what do you mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    It was just a joke. That was my impression of Babr whenever he sees any news related to Beiranvand. No hard feelings...

Post Thanks / Like
    It was just a joke. That was my impression of Babr whenever he sees any news related to Beiranvand. No hard feelings...
    Haha cool

Post Thanks / Like
    aaaa mashalaaaaa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing, the article is now in our front page and fb page:

http://iransportspress.com/the-joy-o...iranvandvideo/

https://www.facebook.com/IranSportsP...homepage_panel

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers, there was an article I wrote a few weeks ago for a football magazine which went on the front page too but for some reason it has Mahbod's name on it.

I don't really mind at all, but given that you thanked me for sharing this, I thought I'd mention it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers, there was an article I wrote a few weeks ago for a football magazine which went on the front page too but for some reason it has Mahbod's name on it.

I don't really mind at all, but given that you thanked me for sharing this, I thought I'd mention it.
    I put the article up, and when you put the article up your name appear automatically as someone who published it on front page and not as author, that doesn't mean i get the credit for writing the article, we always mention the source, either websites or the authors or both, tell me please which article was and i add your name as the author.

In future if you(or anyone) had any other articles just pm me and i will have a look at it to put it up in front page.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lol
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Post Thanks / Like
    What is this world coming to ....so bizarre ...a Taji defending Perspolis keeper and a Perspolisi defending Taj keeper ,could be a good Bollywood movie ,anyone in touch with Farhadi ?

13. Likes Finally liked this post