Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone into trail running...

I recently started to run on dirt trails and was wondering if anyone else in this forum has any experience they would like to share such as types of shoes to use etc...
    I just purchased Salomon Men's Speedcross 4 Trail Runner shoes and so far having a very pleasant experience.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	salamon.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	39510

2. Likes TeamMeli, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I trail run, when I am in LA but mainly I do swimming. Now my favorite is New Balanace Hero V2. They are very durable, they made it flexible and they added cushions. I do not want to bring up the military but it is topical: The US Navy and USMC in their boot camps, give you a pair of NB shoes because they are reliable. You can't have sailors and marines getting injured on long hikes or runs. It is not on the list but Adidas also makes some good running shoes because it is of high quality.
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 25-05-2017 at 09:31 PM.

4. Likes Finally liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am much more into mountaineering and trekking. Right now running on Adidas Terrex Fast R GTX. Incredibly compassionate on trail uphill. I have the habit of taking it real easy downhill to save the knees.
    I even used Salomon XA PRO 3D GTX before, a creative product, but if I compare these two products, I'll 100% go for Adidas Terrex, german quality.

Adidas Terrex Fast R GTX

6. Likes TeamMeli, Finally liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a good video that ranks best trail running shoes:

8. Likes Arash_Tombangir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arash_Tombangir View Post
    I am much more into mountaineering and trekking. Right now running on Adidas Terrex Fast R GTX. Incredibly compassionate on trail uphill. I have the habit of taking it real easy downhill to save the knees.
    I even used Salomon XA PRO 3D GTX before, a creative product, but if I compare these two products, I'll 100% go for Adidas Terrex, german quality.

Adidas Terrex Fast R GTX
    I like that look a lot. I will definitely keep that in my list for my next shoe.
    How does this shoe handle muddy trails?

10. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    Here is a good video that ranks best trail running shoes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvHplCiXIQY
    I would definitely avoid New Balance trail shoes, VERY OVERRATED.
    Of course, Acics, I agree with the presentation in that video clip when it comes to Asics. Good running shoes. I have even used Asics shoes and those were as good as Salmon and Adidas.

Gel-Venture 5

12. Likes Finally, TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not exactly call New Balance overrated BUT you are right A6ix is one of the best and my favorite dude. . Those Adidas shoes look really nice but you are right man A6ix is the best. Anotehr pair of good runnings hoes I tried were Brooks but A6ix is the best. You can even pick them up at Big 5 and the best part is it will not break the bank. Sometimes, you can get a pair of A6ix for $50, when they are normally around 100. I forgot to mention I tried Asix and brooks both are good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    I like that look a lot. I will definitely keep that in my list for my next shoe.
    How does this shoe handle muddy trails?
    You know the answer already, real muddy trails...hmmmm
    It all depends how muddy the trail is from beginning to the end, all rounder shoes vs lightweighter shoes....let the weather conditions decide!
    You will need to get at least 5 up to 6 pairs of different shoes depending on the condition of the weather!
    I have seen signs like this; "Do not use trails when muddy!", wrong or right, you need to learn and decide. There were days I had a pair of extra shoes hanging around my neck when I ran!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely avoid New Balance trail shoes, VERY OVERRATED.
    Of course, Acics, I agree with the presentation in that video clip when it comes to Asics. Good running shoes. I have even used Asics shoes and those were as good as Salmon and Adidas.

Gel-Venture 5
    In the good ol days in Iran we called them Tigers.

16. Likes TeamMeli, Arash_Tombangir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    In the good ol days in Iran we called them Tigers.
    Thanks for the curio, I have had heard about onitsuka tiger, the original manufacturer of indoor sport shoes (volleyball and indoor hockey).
    I think I have seen pair of those home at my folks in their garage, yellow shoes with blue stripes on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll share a bit of my experiences with different running shoes, a bit nerdy I know but that's what it is!
    Salomon, I do not understand what's the purpose of Salomon having those damn showy shoelaces, the shoelaces drop the tension right during the run.
    I have replaced them with the regular shoelaces.
    Asics are produced mostly with wide footarch (where the foot is widest), the feet flipping laterally side to side in the shoes all the time, annoying as hell for those having normal footarch.
    Nike..... what a joke, avoid!
    New Balance....effeminate (are not for men), avoid!

INOV shoes, go for'm if you feel you are ready running as a elite-runner!

19. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the curio, I have had heard about onitsuka tiger, the original manufacturer of indoor sport shoes (volleyball and indoor hockey).
    I think I have seen pair of those home at my folks in their garage, yellow shoes with blue stripes on them.
    I had a red one with white stripes in 5th grade. Funny how I even remember that. Now my son has 5 pairs of Nikes and Adidas shoes & probably doesn't remember what kind of shoe he had 2 years ago. He even has an app on his phone to get the highly popular and sought out Adidas shoes and he has to tap for a few minutes and his chances of getting them is little. Adidas is like the Apple of shoes with this brilliant marketing scam.

21. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    I had a red one with white stripes in 5th grade. Funny how I even remember that. Now my son has 5 pairs of Nikes and Adidas shoes & probably doesn't remember what kind of shoe he had 2 years ago. He even has an app on his phone to get the highly popular and sought out Adidas shoes and he has to tap for a few minutes and his chances of getting them is little. Adidas is like the Apple of shoes with this brilliant marketing scam.
    I get what you are saying and in USA we call it sneakerheads. However, I would not call Adidas the apple of shoes because they make good quality shoes. I prefer them over Nike because they are comfortable and easy to walkon. For Running I have tried Asix, NewBalance and Brooks, my favorite is Asix by far. Arash T is right NB is overrated but not a terrible shoe. Asix makes running shoes that last. BTW, my thing is every year I got to get a pair of Jordan shoes for basketball. I remember for Christmas, I got my first par of Jordan 1's the red and black and all of the kids were jealous. I stopped wearing it at school because a few kids even got KILLED over them. Some of these Jordan shoes, that are limited editions and rare costs THOSANDS of dollars. On the show Pawn Stars: based in Las Vegas, one guy wanted to sell his Jordan collection for about $70,000. The guy Rick, wanted to pay $40,000 and they could not come out with a deal. Here is how I rank the shoes
    For casual ear I like Jordan's: I am size 12 wide and Jordans make good wide shoes that are comfortable. I used to wear Adidas but found them to be uncomfortable, btw have an arch. not a
    For running shoes I like Asix @ Arash T I thought you said A six are good quality the next post confused me. I tried Brooks, NB, sketchers and Asix is the best so far. IF you have another shoe I can try or recommend, please let me know.
    I never did treking but I assume Asix is the bst. I got to find a pair of comroftable adidas because of the Bayern and Die Mannschaft, the classic ones are the only ones that work.

23. Likes Arash_Tombangir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear fella National Team, you need to understand that one can not going on continuing at length and in a tedious way describing things up and down, right and left. People simply get bored and stop reading.
    When I wrote about the disadvantage of (onitsuka tiger) Asics, I meant you need to try dozen of sizes til you finding the right pair, but when you find the right pair, it's a pleasure to wear them when you're out running, they're more then allright as running shoes.
    I run roughly 1150-1200 miles during the year (1400 miles under 2014, top year) including competitions. Believe me, I know my shoes, weather (sunny, rainy, snowy or icy) and terrain. Have you ever tried ice-grippers-none-slip running on ice-covered terrain?

Talking about long distance running, recalling Forrest Gump long run across USA on his fanny Nike shoes.
    I seriously doubt that fella possibly would survive his epic run on those Nike shoes if it was for real, but yet again thats a nice movie.
    At the end of running hours he goes like this; I'm pretty tired....I think I'll go home now...
    The fella follower, failing to fulfill the hopes or expectations goes like this; Now...what are we supposed to do?

25. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear fella National Team, you need to understand that one can not going on continuing at length and in a tedious way describing things up and down, right and left. People simply get bored and stop reading.
    When I wrote about the disadvantage of (onitsuka tiger) Asics, I meant you need to try dozen of sizes til you finding the right pair, but when you find the right pair, it's a pleasure to wear them when you're out running, they're more then allright as running shoes.
    I run roughly 1150-1200 miles during the year (1400 miles under 2014, top year) including competitions. Believe me, I know my shoes, weather (sunny, rainy, snowy or icy) and terrain. Have you ever tried ice-grippers-none-slip running on ice-covered terrain?

Talking about long distance running, recalling Forrest Gump long run across USA on his fanny Nike sho es.
    I seriously doubt that fella possibly would survive his epic run on those Nike shoes if it was for real, but yet again thats a nice movie.
    At the end of running hours he goes like this; I'm pretty tired....I think I'll go home now...
    The fella follower, failing to fulfill the hopes or expectations goes like this; Now...what are we supposed to do?

Dear Komrade: I understand and that is why I kept my post to ONE PARAGRAPH, like most of them and this post is just as long as yours.
    Now I understand: I have spoken to BT, Babr jan, Pooya 82, we went over LESSONS LEARNED, I now keep my posts to a Paragraph so people can read. Digeh when more than one person says it it becomes micro managing and rather annoying. I have spoken to the mods about this.No point in beating a dead horse with a stick. Now with that issue being put to bed once and for all let's be topical and go back to running and I AGREE. You need to try different shoes and everyone's FOOT is different. I have an arch, wide and size 12. I just purchased a nice ALL BLACK Asix on sale for $70, retail 100. I do not know how to post pics on here otherwise I would have but they are sick shoes very comfy and $70 will not break the break. BTW I doubt that Forrest Gump fellow would have gone very far my homie, in those 1970's Nike shoes, COME ON MAN. Of course that was just a MOVIE. I think you are right everyone's foot is different. ice-grippers-none-slip running look comfortable I have never tried but would you post a website so I can order a pair next? I mainly do running for MMA competitions BJJ toruneys and soon will be doing military Karv Maga so I need to run. I am not going to be a competitive runnner at your level but I can hold my own and run for a distance. I will close this so I do not make the post long winded but I would like a US BASED ice grippers website because I have NEVER seen those before.